Plus size - post pictures of your dresses please

mollymoo12

I am more or less borderline plus size. I wear a size 12 on the bottom, but I'm quite chest heavy, so I wear a 16 in shirts. Since most dresses don't really allow for larger cup sizes, I try a lot of plus sizes on as well as misses sizes.

Do you ever order from Pepperberry's?

I just purchased these two dresses. When I saw the prices and saw that I would get an additional 35% off from an exclusive email offer, I couldn't help it. That puts them each around $10 - $12. I think I ordered them one size too big, strictly because of my bust, but even if I have to get them altered, it will be worth it :D

http://www.gapcanada.ca/browse/product.do?cid=65187&vid=1&pid=351626003

http://www.gapcanada.ca/browse/product.do?cid=65187&vid=1&pid=351580003

I just purchased these two dresses. When I saw the prices and saw that I would get an additional 35% off from an exclusive email offer, I couldn't help it. That puts them each around $10 - $12. I think I ordered them one size too big, strictly because of my bust, but even if I have to get them altered, it will be worth it :D

http://www.gapcanada.ca/browse/product.do?cid=65187&vid=1&pid=351626003

http://www.gapcanada.ca/browse/product.do?cid=65187&vid=1&pid=351580003

I love the strapless one, really cute. Thanks for the reminder to check there; I found a dress on the Gap site that looks just like an Old Navy dress I had bought online last year and DH shrunk.

http://www.gapcanada.ca/browse/product.do?cid=82417&vid=1&pid=453720003

The sizing may be too large but it will most likely shrink again. :o

I just signed up for the emails also.

I love the strapless one, really cute. Thanks for the reminder to check there; I found a dress on the Gap site that looks just like an Old Navy dress I had bought online last year and DH shrunk.

http://www.gapcanada.ca/browse/product.do?cid=82417&vid=1&pid=453720003

The sizing may be too large but it will most likely shrink again. :o

I just signed up for the emails also.

I like that one you posted as well; cowl neck works well with my bust. The strapless is my favourite and now I'm thinking I should've ordered them in both sizes, just in case but oh well. I could only use my coupon once so I wouldn't get them for the same price.

Right now, there's a general 20% off on the website that you would be able to take advantage of.

I like that one you posted as well; cowl neck works well with my bust. The strapless is my favourite and now I'm thinking I should've ordered them in both sizes, just in case but oh well. I could only use my coupon once so I wouldn't get them for the same price.

Right now, there's a general 20% off on the website that you would be able to take advantage of.

I ordered the cowl neck in black, the blue was gone and I also got the blue strapless to try. The shipping and returns makes it too good of a deal not to try them.

I ordered the cowl neck in black, the blue was gone and I also got the blue strapless to try. The shipping and returns makes it too good of a deal not to try them.

Nice! Let me know if they work out for you. I got my shipping confirmation today so I may have it by tomorrow. I'm anxious to try them on - for such a great deal, I'd hate to have to return them.

Sent from my iPhone using the Cruise Critic App

Well, I got my dresses today and they are both unfortunately a no go. They couldn't even zip up! My chest just wouldn't let it happen LOL Oh well, I also ordered a bag that I'm now in love with, so the whole purchase won't be returned.

Well, I got my dresses today and they are both unfortunately a no go. They couldn't even zip up! My chest just wouldn't let it happen LOL Oh well, I also ordered a bag that I'm now in love with, so the whole purchase won't be returned.

At least it wasn't a total washout! I hate it when I order something and spend days anticipationg its arrival and then when it comes it doesn't fit!:(

At least it wasn't a total washout! I hate it when I order something and spend days anticipationg its arrival and then when it comes it doesn't fit!:(

I know, I'm glad it wasn't the only thing I ordered. But for my upcoming cruise, I plan to be very casual and they were a bit fancier than I was expecting, so I got over it quickly LOL

I know, I'm glad it wasn't the only thing I ordered. But for my upcoming cruise, I plan to be very casual and they were a bit fancier than I was expecting, so I got over it quickly LOL

I'm glad the the bag was a winner at least.

I love tracking numbers! Mine has been shipped and they say it will arrive by the 17th. :rolleyes: I used to work next to the Gap warehouse, so I'm thinking Thursday the 11th as the latest for delivery.

I'm mostly worried about the length of the dresses. I'm only 5'2" but it's had to tell if skirts will reach my knees when the models are usually tall.

I'm glad the the bag was a winner at least.

I love tracking numbers! Mine has been shipped and they say it will arrive by the 17th. :rolleyes: I used to work next to the Gap warehouse, so I'm thinking Thursday the 11th as the latest for delivery.

I'm mostly worried about the length of the dresses. I'm only 5'2" but it's had to tell if skirts will reach my knees when the models are usually tall.

You will probably get it today.

I'm 5'4" and when I put the dress on, it hit me right above my knee, if that helps.

They are opening a Gap Factory store near my house on Friday and I got a 15% coupon so I will stop in.

You will probably get it today.

I'm 5'4" and when I put the dress on, it hit me right above my knee, if that helps.

They are opening a Gap Factory store near my house on Friday and I got a 15% coupon so I will stop in.

I'm near the Vaughan Mills mall Gap Factory store.

You were right, both dresses hit me around the knees but both are going back.

I compared the new black cowl neck dress with my shrunken Old Navy One and Mom and I both like the old one better. It works pretty good if I pull the waist down to a drop waist and I've already sewn up the giant arm holes on it. What is with the giant arm holes on some clothes. Is showing an inch or more of the side of my bra in fashion now?

The blue/white striped dress is cute, love the fabric and the sewing is nicely done. However the top gaps away from me a bit and it's more than I want to fix. I have a lot more up top then the model.

Had my Mom take photos this morning but Photobucket is fighting my trying to resize them. I thought it was pretty funny that there was a Gap ad with the same dress on the Photobucket page. Please don't mind the no makeup, no shoes, arm band covering an oven burn, etc...I think the addition of a Springer Spaniel makes up for all that.

2013-07-12094909_zps2d2e8d07.jpg

I'm near the Vaughan Mills mall Gap Factory store.

You were right, both dresses hit me around the knees but both are going back.

I compared the new black cowl neck dress with my shrunken Old Navy One and Mom and I both like the old one better. It works pretty good if I pull the waist down to a drop waist and I've already sewn up the giant arm holes on it. What is with the giant arm holes on some clothes. Is showing an inch or more of the side of my bra in fashion now?

The blue/white striped dress is cute, love the fabric and the sewing is nicely done. However the top gaps away from me a bit and it's more than I want to fix. I have a lot more up top then the model.

Had my Mom take photos this morning but Photobucket is fighting my trying to resize them. I thought it was pretty funny that there was a Gap ad with the same dress on the Photobucket page. Please don't mind the no makeup, no shoes, arm band covering an oven burn, etc...I think the addition of a Springer Spaniel makes up for all that.

2013-07-12094909_zps2d2e8d07.jpg

The dress looks great on you! At that price, it's almost worth it to have it altered.

Yeah, I noticed that too that every website I went on, I saw the bag pop up in the advertisement! LOL

I went to the Gap factory store on the weekend and didn't seem much in terms of dressy dresses, but did buy one that I will probably wear for boarding on my next cruise.

Did I need another semi-formal outfit for my next cruise? NOOOOOOO

Did that stop me from buying one? NOOOOOOOOO

Dillards was having one of their "extra 30% off sale merchandise for card holders" sale. I found a butter yellow three piece outfit, a beautiful long blue over jade dress and a black skirt. The skirt was too long so I was saved from that. The blue/jade dress was made for a tall person with a long torso (I am short waisted and have shrunk down to 5 feet 1 inch) so I didn't get that. The yellow three piece fit perfectly even the length of the skirt just came to the bottom of my knee. Oh, darn! I had to buy it.

9147483365_fcd65f6261_z.jpg

I think I am going to take out the shoulder pads - I don't like the way they show.

This is gorgeous! I agree about the shoulder pads. I do this with all tops in sheer fabrics. Attach them to your bra straps, and then you get the fitted look of the jacket, but the dress top hides the shoulder pads. The jacket will be too roomy in the shoulders without the pads, as it's made to have them shape the shoulders.

I have "slopey" shoulders, so I have shoulder pads that I have attached to all my bras. I get a better look with more squared off shoulders.

This is gorgeous! I agree about the shoulder pads. I do this with all tops in sheer fabrics. Attach them to your bra straps, and then you get the fitted look of the jacket, but the dress top hides the shoulder pads. The jacket will be too roomy in the shoulders without the pads, as it's made to have them shape the shoulders.

I have "slopey" shoulders, so I have shoulder pads that I have attached to all my bras. I get a better look with more squared off shoulders.

That's a great idea. I have very "slopey" shoulders also so that is a perfect fix. Thanks!

That's a great idea. I have very "slopey" shoulders also so that is a perfect fix. Thanks!

I found it all much easier to just sew them to my bra straps, because then they got washed at the same time as the bra. I buy them at Joann's Fabrics, cut them to fit my shoulder width, top stitch them all around, and then sew them to my bra strap. I find if I sew them underneath the strap, they lie flatter, and make sure they are even with the inside of the strap. No bulging that way under the garment.

Edited by pcur

That's very cute.

I haven't bought any new dresses yet on our shopping trip, but my DH found two new suits he needed.

Hopefully I'll try to remember to get photos of my dresses for a wedding and reception tomorrow. I'm always the one with the camera and not in photos.

That's very cute.

I haven't bought any new dresses yet on our shopping trip, but my DH found two new suits he needed.

Hopefully I'll try to remember to get photos of my dresses for a wedding and reception tomorrow. I'm always the one with the camera and not in photos.

It was a great price too; I bought another one that was a similar style and since it was missing the belt, I got an extra 15% off, which was great.

Yes, please take some pictures!

I see that you are heading to the Southern Caribbean before me, so if you go to St Croix, St Maarten, St Lucia, Barbados or Antigua, please let me know how you enjoyed it. I'll also be in San Juan two days before the cruise, so any restaurant suggestions would be great as well :D

I wore this dress to a function a few months back, and will wear it on either one of the elegant nights (and wow am I glad I got it on sale when I did wasn't even half this price!)

http://www.onestopplus.com/clothing/Sheer-Sleeve-Sheath.aspx?PfId=384394&DeptId=26334&ProductTypeId=1&PurchaseType=G&pref=ps

Hubby said he liked this dress on me on a recent shopping trip, so I'll wear it on to the steakhouse for our anniversary dinner on Embarkation night & just dress it a bit with shoes/jewelry.

pr_182944_6V?$product_qv$&wid=354&hei=460&op_sharpen=1&iv=bfCgH0&wid=354&hei=460

pr_182944_1X_B?$product_qv$&wid=354&hei=460&op_sharpen=1&iv=J2UfT1&wid=354&hei=460

Still need one more dress for the other elegant night or a dressy blouse, will probably shop in my closet for that one :)

Edited by wannago35