Plus size - post pictures of your dresses please

mollymoo12

I just ordered this from onestopplus dot com. It's too long so I will have to have cut and hemmed.

http://media.plussizetech.com/vendor/mm/8755_38917_mm.jpg

I alter almost all my clothes. I find the shoulders, especially, are too wide. I take a seam down the back so the shoulders and waist are more fitted, leaving the original sizing for the "junk in the trunk".

Beautiful dress, by the way!

Edited by pcur

• 2 weeks later...

so I went to Macy's a week ago and ended up totally splurging on a dress. I love it, but torn because I doubt I will ever wear it besides the first formal night...

anyway, need help deciding to keep it or not... ImageUploadedByForums1376723945.821602.jpg.cd563778158feffa8074bd59a3cdc619.jpg

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

ImageUploadedByForums1376723861.181462.jpg.bdb4ff741a472a051476833b3b314fd8.jpg

Keep it! I wish I could find a dress like that! I am very self conscience of my arms, so am always looking for something with a jacket. I say, if you love it keep it!

thanks! I loathe my upper arms, so trying to figure out something for it as well

thanks! I loathe my upper arms, so trying to figure out something for it as well

A pashmina would do the trick if you don't find a jacket you like. I have found a number of dressy jackets at Burlington Coat Factory.

As to keeping your dress, you can always wear it on your next cruise.:D

so I went to Macy's a week ago and ended up totally splurging on a dress. I love it, but torn because I doubt I will ever wear it besides the first formal night...

anyway, need help deciding to keep it or not... [ATTACH]282913[/ATTACH][ATTACH]282914[/ATTACH]

keep it ! you can always use it again at Christmas or New Years :)

anyway, need help deciding to keep it or not... [ATTACH]282913[/ATTACH][ATTACH]282914[/ATTACH]

I likey! I agree maybe NYE or a summer function next year? I say keep it :p

I can't stop shopping lol. I was looking at this dress for another function months ago but procrastinated and then onestopplus didn't have my size. Came across it elsewhere and I quickly ordered it. I also got this belt to go with it. Still waiting for the order to come in, hopefully they'll look great together. Hubby was with me when I picked out the other dresses so if it works I can sneak this one in there and surprise him with a different look :p

ParisMaxiDress1176.jpg

ry%3D400

I can't stop shopping lol. I was looking at this dress for another function months ago but procrastinated and then onestopplus didn't have my size. Came across it elsewhere and I quickly ordered it. I also got this belt to go with it. Still waiting for the order to come in, hopefully they'll look great together. Hubby was with me when I picked out the other dresses so if it works I can sneak this one in there and surprise him with a different look :p

Great dress!

I have not worn a dress since my DS was baptized..and he is a college Sr this year! I have a wedding this weekend and my DD talked me into shopping for a dress. I found this dress...it is really flattering but I am not sure what color of shoes and hose I should wear.

[email=http://www.younkers.com/shop/women/bridal-shop/mother-of-the-bride/jessica-howard-plus-size-flutter-dress_641766.html]http://www.younkers.com/shop/women/bridal-shop/mother-of-the-bride/jessica-howard-plus-size-flutter-dress_641766.html[/email]

I am on my IPAD and do not know how to insert the picture. Sorry! The dress is navy blue. I am excited to wear it on our cruise in October!

Thank you! Lauri

I have not worn a dress since my DS was baptized..and he is a college Sr this year! I have a wedding this weekend and my DD talked me into shopping for a dress. I found this dress...it is really flattering but I am not sure what color of shoes and hose I should wear.

http://www.younkers.com/shop/women/bridal-shop/mother-of-the-bride/jessica-howard-plus-size-flutter-dress_641766.html

I am on my IPAD and do not know how to insert the picture. Sorry! The dress is navy blue. I am excited to wear it on our cruise in October!

Thank you! Lauri

------------------

What a great dress !!

Have fun on your cruise :-)

Cathie

I think this is the dress lah66 was talking about if anyone wanted to see it - if wrong, Sorry!

641766?$ibm_large$

Maureencruiser...Thank you...exactly the dress!! On our regular computer I can post pics but haven't figured out how to do it on the iPad...seems the functionality is so different.

I really didnt think the layers or flounces would look good on me but it is really flattering. And my girls are not exposed!! So many dresses I tried on yesterday would have needed a pin or a stitch to keep things locked and loaded!

I thought silver would look great too. Zappos..here I come...gotta love them! The only place I can find shoes..have a wide foot with bunions..I had my first foot surgery when I was 16 and have had three more in the last 5-6 years! I love their prompt service!

Off to work, Lauri

I thought silver would look great too. Zappos..here I come...gotta love them! The only place I can find shoes..have a wide foot with bunions..

If you haven't already, you might check FootSmart, too. They carry shoes that work with a large number of foot-related issues.

Maureencruiser...Thank you...exactly the dress!! On our regular computer I can post pics but haven't figured out how to do it on the iPad...seems the functionality is so different.

I really didnt think the layers or flounces would look good on me but it is really flattering. And my girls are not exposed!! So many dresses I tried on yesterday would have needed a pin or a stitch to keep things locked and loaded!

I thought silver would look great too. Zappos..here I come...gotta love them! The only place I can find shoes..have a wide foot with bunions..I had my first foot surgery when I was 16 and have had three more in the last 5-6 years! I love their prompt service!

Off to work, Lauri

Hi, Lauri, I have foot issues too. Shoe Buy has many of the same shoes as Zappos and offers the free shipping. Check them out as well. Sometimes their prices are a couple of dollars less.

loved the first dress and now both the maxi dresses

What lovely dresses :) and you could use it at Christmas or New Years or another cruise :)

thanks! I have gone a little crazy shopping, but decided to splurge for this trip since its my birthday! now to pack...

thanks! I have gone a little crazy shopping, but decided to splurge for this trip since its my birthday! now to pack...

=============

I just noticed that you are going on your first cruise in 5 days !!

Have fun fun fun

Take care

Cat