Plus size - post pictures of your dresses please

mollymoo12

so we are getting ready for our cruise and I have narrowed my choices for dresses/wraps and purses down to the following so far lol ... nothing for shoes except sandals as I am using a cane still and have issues with high heels ... but I might take a pair for pictures and then change to flats after the pics :-)

Not sure if the link worked so I have uploaded to Flicker instead :-)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/98511061@N03/sets/72157637240912903/

so we are getting ready for our cruise and I have narrowed my choices for dresses/wraps and purses down to the following so far lol ... nothing for shoes except sandals as I am using a cane still and have issues with high heels ... but I might take a pair for pictures and then change to flats after the pics :-)

Not sure if the link worked so I have uploaded to Flicker instead :-)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/98511061@N03/sets/72157637240912903/

-----------------

If Flicker does not work hopefully the FB pics work

https://www.facebook.com/cathie.cox/media_set?set=a.10201826354156104.1073741827.1099960770&type=3

-----------------

If Flicker does not work hopefully the FB pics work

I recognize the little bronze purse with the medallion...I own it myself! :cool:

I particularly love the top row...based on your profile picture, you have lovely colouring, and I think the colours would be so great on you!

Any chance of seeing them on you?

How many are you bringing? (i.e. how many do you need to eliminate?)

Do you have any weight restrictions? I can see that some of your little purses would be much heavier than others, so that might help you with your choices.

Don't worry about having to wear flats. As long as they aren't heavy-looking (if you know what I mean) it still looks pretty and at least you'll have the added bonus of comfort!

Thank you ... we have a 50lb weight restriction on the bags for the plane and we are each going to take one bag and a carry on (lol I also have a fold down duffle bag to be packed in case we need it coming home from purchases we might make lol ) I will try and post pics from the cruise ... my husband really likes dresses # 1,2,3,4, 13(it glows in black light lol) plus I have some black shifts that I will under the various poncho/wraps

we are a 8 day cruise but I usually change from day maxi dresses to more formal night dress so I can see easily bringing 10-12 dresses ... I will have to prepack and weigh the luggage lol since it all can be rolled with no wrinkle issues I can also put a couple of dresses in my carry on bag :-) and I will probably narrow the purses down to 3 more formal ones and a couple of wristlit purses (the black ones)

we have a 50lb weight restriction on the bags for the plane

With 50 lbs, you shouldn't need to worry about picking the lightest choices :)

I will try and post pics from the cruise ...

I actually meant to help with the decision. I'm looking at your dresses, and I can see there is quite a variety of shape, pattern and colour.

We can pick our favourites from the hangers, but that doesn't mean they are the most flattering for you.

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you on the scarf thing. It really depends on what kind of scarf you have. Something of a contrasting color worn long around your neck really lengthens the body. Sometimes the shawl/pashmina type can hide a multitude of sins ;-)

Here are links to some YouTube videos, the first three actually feature a plus size model, so we can picture things more accurately. The last one shows 25 ways to tie a scarf that are a bit different.

I'm afraid I can't comment on photos posted to Facebook (I'm one of the last dinosaurs without an account. When I was teaching, they frowned on any social media that students might accidentally see, and I figured I'd lived without it this long....)

Thanks for the Macy's info. I found a nice basic black maxi (and a really nice pair of wide calf boots!)

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you on the scarf thing. It really depends on what kind of scarf you have. Something of a contrasting color worn long around your neck really lengthens the body. Sometimes the shawl/pashmina type can hide a multitude of sins ;-)

Here are links to some YouTube videos, the first three actually feature a plus size model, so we can picture things more accurately. The last one shows 25 ways to tie a scarf that are a bit different.

I'm afraid I can't comment on photos posted to Facebook (I'm one of the last dinosaurs without an account. When I was teaching, they frowned on any social media that students might accidentally see, and I figured I'd lived without it this long....)

Thanks for the Macy's info. I found a nice basic black maxi (and a really nice pair of wide calf boots!)

Thanks for the great scarf links. I always wonder how people do interesting styles, now I have dozens from which to choose!

Edited by Scrapnana

------------------------

excellent video's :)

• 1 month later...

Walked into my Canadian Target this morning and found out that they had a lot of women's clothing on sale for $5.00 each. I walked out with two Merona brand dresses that were reg. $29 here. I may cut the sleaves off shorter and slit them on the red/navy one to make my fat arms fit better and look more summery, but I think it will still be cute.

Targetpinkdress_zpsa7953581.jpgTargetrednavydress_zps3904f67b.jpg

Edited by KandCsailing

• 2 weeks later...

Good stuff. I had to come back and watch since I got 5 new scarves during Christmas. One is big enough to be a beach cover up.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app