Wheelchair cabs in FLL

pjs9876

You can call for a cab with a ramp easily in Fort Lauderdale. Maybe it has been posted before but I did not see it. Yellow Cab (954) 777-7777 has a fleet of cabs with a ramp in the back. We were able to load a mobility scooter intact. My mother walked to a seat. I am not certain if they have the option for the person to remain seated the entire ride. We did not call ahead but that would be a good idea. For us, it was easy and quick.

• 3 weeks later...

We debarked in Lauderdale last fall. We were able to get the HC taxi to the airport, but there were rules about where taxis could go at the docks. It practically took an act of Congress (well the sherriff anyway) to get the taxi to where we were waiting. Yes, I was able to ride my scooter into the back of the cab.

Thanks! I had not even thought of that. I am traveling with someone who has Cerebral Palsy. She can walk short distances without the chair, but maybe we should make sure we have a van anyway. Do you think that a regular cab would have enough room for two ladies, a manual wheelchair folded, and our luggage?

Archived