Sea Princess already booked.

kiefaber455

Went to book a category BB cabin today for February 25, 2006 Sea Princess cruise in the Caribbean and they are already wait-listing people for them. Did get a BD cabin but figured since the BB and BD were the same price, I'd try and opt for the higher category--no such luck. Paraphrasing, "If you sail a great itinerary, they will come".

Similar situation on the Jan. 14, 2006 sailing - all mini-suites reserved and majority of the BA cabins - ended up with BB. Very popular cruise and apparently many more opting to cruise. Watch the prices go up and the "deals" go down!

We booked the Sea Princess for Dec. 2005, last Sept. I thought for sure the ship would sell out real soon, that's why I booked so early. We were even put on waitlist for late seat dining back in Sept., which I thought was so unusual. Well the ship hasn't sold out yet, & we got confirmed seating in Jan. Suites & mini suites are sold out though.

Minette

kiefaber - just checked the availability on the Sea for Feb 25, category BB is waitlisted, not closed, you can be waitlisted for it and when it clears have the option of taking it or not. We are on the 11-5 sailing and when I booked all balconies were waitlisted, but within two weeks we got a BA. I think because they are also boarding people in Barbados they are blocking cabins so people don't have to change cabins mid-cruise.

Well, I felt I was being a bit overzealous when we booked the Sun Princess for 2/06 while we were on the Star in January. I've never booked more than a year in advance before, but since we wanted an aft minisuite, I guess it was a good thing that we made the committment so early! While all cruises get more popular, getting exactly the one you want, at the time you want, and in the cabin you want, may get more and more challenging. Better to be early than out of luck!

Grandmacruiser, thanks for the info--we are waitlisted and in line for an upgrade--just don't want to move up to a category BA on the top deck, Aloha I believe. Be more than happy to take a mini-suite though.

The way they are selling this cruise is interesting--to the American market it's from Ft. Lauderdale and back and for the market in Great Britain it's Barbados and back. I would like to see price differences, if any, for the two. Somewhere along the way, either when they first begin the cruise, or at the end just before repostioning, the ship can't be full.

Anyway, this may be the best Caribbean intinerary I've ever seen. Only Empress of the Seas' may rival it but Sea Princess, IMO, is a much better ship.

--we are waitlisted and in line for an upgrade--just don't want to move up to a category BA on the top deck, Aloha I believe. Be more than happy to take a mini-suite though.

The way they are selling this cruise is interesting--to the American market it's from Ft. Lauderdale and back and for the market in Great Britain it's Barbados and back. I would like to see price differences, if any, for the two. Somewhere along the way, either when they first begin the cruise, or at the end just before repostioning, the ship can't be full.

Anyway, this may be the best Caribbean intinerary I've ever seen. Only Empress of the Seas' may rival it but Sea Princess, IMO, is a much better ship.

BA cabins are also on the Riviera Deck.

Have you also noticed that the cruises originating in Barbados, are at least $1000 more expensive?

Minette

Be more than happy to take a mini-suite though.

Whatever you do, do not count on an upgrade to a mini suite on this class of ship. There are very few of them compared to other classes and I can't even remember the last time that someone received a free upgrade to a mini on a Sun Class ship. They sell out very fast and usually even the prices don't go down on them as they are such in demand.

But I will cross my fingers that you are able to find the exact cabin you are looking for.

Cruise Junkie, that is the only way to do it, check everyday. We wanted a specific aft mini suite and had to settle for second choice. Over a year before sailing, the ones we wanted were already booked up. I still check almost daily to see if they pop back into the system. The aft suites and mini suites sell out very fast on this class of ship as there just aren't enough of them. Best of Luck!

Archived