When to purchase airport transfer

CA27

Do you have to purchase your pier to airport transfer before you sail? Or can you purchase transfers while on-board? Just wondering if I need to purchase now.

Thanks in advance.

Do you have to purchase your pier to airport transfer before you sail? Or can you purchase transfers while on-board? Just wondering if I need to purchase now.

Thanks in advance.

You can purchase them before you sail, at the airport for transfers to the ship and on the ship for transfers to the airport.

Its cheaper and faster to use a taxi in most cases.

You can purchase them before you sail, at the airport for transfers to the ship and on the ship for transfers to the airport.

Its cheaper and faster to use a taxi in most cases.

I think it depends on how many would use the taxi. I purchased a transfer today just for myself. Im meeting someone but one is going to FTL and one to MIA airport, so for one person the transfer is the better deal.

Any idea on the cost of a taxi from Port of Miami to MIA for 5 passengers?

$24 they will put you in a minivan

I think it depends on how many would use the taxi. I purchased a transfer today just for myself. Im meeting someone but one is going to FTL and one to MIA airport, so for one person the transfer is the better deal.

Thats why I said most, not all cases.

I just saw in the Florida board that a cab from POM to MIA is $24 + plus tip, and there are apparently many minivan/SUV type taxis, which would be good for us. Definitely cheaper than the Carnival transfer. I don't see the advantage of using the Carnival transfer.

I just saw in the Florida board that a cab from POM to MIA is $24 + plus tip, and there are apparently many minivan/SUV type taxis, which would be good for us. Definitely cheaper than the Carnival transfer. I don't see the advantage of using the Carnival transfer.

Some families arent comfortable taking taxis in an unfamiliar city, or they would rather just leave it all up to the cruise lines to take care of their transportation

Some families arent comfortable taking taxis in an unfamiliar city, or they would rather just leave it all up to the cruise lines to take care of their transportation

That's a good assessment. Thanks for the info.

Any idea on the cost of a taxi from Port of Miami to MIA for 5 passengers?

Flat fee $24, though a van might be a little more. If you are in MIA definitely take a cab and not Carnival transfers.

Archived