Looking for tour companys in Barbados - and Must see advice

reddogclub

Hi all,

My mom and I will be visiting this island for the very first time in November and we are looking for some ideas / tour companies to look into. We both enjoy snorkeling, sightseeing, shopping, history and not being rushed during our tour.

I am trying to find out what is a must see in Barbados also.

Thanks for your help.

An island tour is a great way to see the best of Barbados for a first-time visitor. We've used the services of Cameron Reid for a private driver twice now and have been very satisfied. Cameron can put together a customized tour for you if you have specific sights you'd like to see, or he will suggest an itinerary for you. This website will give you an idea of some of Barbados' attractions: http://www.visitbarbados.org/attractions.aspx

If you want to contact Cameron, his email is camireid@yahoo.com

We toured with Sarah of Glory Tours last December and are booked with her again this coming January. She did a fantastic tour for us and we visited a number of beaches and other scenic destinations. She is a lifelong resident and her family goes back generations on Barbados. Highly recommended!

We toured with Sarah of Glory Tours last December and are booked with her again this coming January. She did a fantastic tour for us and we visited a number of beaches and other scenic destinations. She is a lifelong resident and her family goes back generations on Barbados. Highly recommended!

TomDills - Thanks for the advice! Do you happen to have Sarah's contact info? I will be in Barbados with a party of 6 and we are interested in setting up a tour. Thanks!

Try to make time to have a nice lunch at Cocomo's. It is right on the beach and was hands down the best island lunch I've ever had!! Not just burgers and fries..it was authentic food and a beautiful view. There are pictures somewhere on these boards. Just do a search for it. O-the price is right too!!

• 2 weeks later...

Good choice. Our party of 8 toured with Sarah for the day this past April. Hands down the best tour of the trip. :D

Good choice. Our party of 8 toured with Sarah for the day this past April. Hands down the best tour of the trip. :D

Which tour did you do? We have a party of 9 that is interested in Glory Tours for next summer. We are looking at the full day land and sea tour but have not heard much about the glass bottom boat.

Htown-954.jpg

Try to make time to have a nice lunch at Cocomo's.

It is right on the beach and was hands down the best island lunch I've ever had!!

Not just burgers and fries..it was authentic food and a beautiful view.

There are pictures somewhere on these boards. Just do a search for it. O-the price is right too!!

Cocomos is on this beach..

HtownBay-413.jpg

just off to the right edge of this shot.

Which tour did you do? We have a party of 9 that is interested in Glory Tours for next summer. We are looking at the full day land and sea tour but have not heard much about the glass bottom boat.

We designed our own tour with Sarah based on her recommendations and our research. We did Harrisons Caves-awesome, Animal Reserve-a unique experience where the animals walk around on the same pathways as you do and the wild monkeys at feeding time eating chunks of watermelon is not to be missed. We saw most of the island and got out for some photo ops too. A lunch was arranged at a local place and Sarah phoned our orders in ahead of time. Try the macaroni and cheese pie. Between the sites and Sarah's narration it is a great day :)

• 1 month later...

To Vacation Fool: May I ask approximately how much they charged you for this tour, and did it include admission to any attractions or did you have to pay those separately? I have emailed to Sarah twice and to her company email once, and have still not gotten an answer. I am trying to make a decision, and we sail six weeks from today. Thanks for any help you can give me.

I am also interested in reserving an excursion through Glory Tours. I emailed Sarah last month and recieved a reply within a day. However, since that time I have not received any emails from her regarding further questions of other tours that I have. The questions that I have posed to her are very simple and direct and nothing that would be time consuming to answer. I have emailed twice this month and to two different emails with no response. I also called her and the call is transferred to another mail box which is full, accepting no more calls. Not sure what is going. I hope that she is well. I may have to change my plans and look for another tour guide.

• 1 month later...

I also haven't had a response to my email to Glory Tours. I'm a little anxious because Barbados is the island I'm most excited to see on our cruise.

I also would like to know if the entry to Harrison's Cave is included in Glory Tours' fee??

I also haven't had a response to my email to Glory Tours. I'm a little anxious because Barbados is the island I'm most excited to see on our cruise.

I also would like to know if the entry to Harrison's Cave is included in Glory Tours' fee??

Yes, the fee does include entry into Harrison's Cave.

Just to follow up, I've had excellent communication from Sarah at Glory after the first couple of days. She must be very busy and had no space on the tour we originally wanted. She offered me a discount on a different tour which was a nice gesture. I hope it's fun!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

We had booked with Glory Tours in 2004 for a cruise we later had to cancel. I told Sarah then that if I ever made it back to Barbados I would book with her again. Well, I have just booked a cruise for 2012 that includes Barbados, Yay!:D Once I complete my Hawaii cruise in May I plan to contact her regarding our April 2012 cruise. I hope the e-mail situation is better by then. I know she was wonderful with communication back in 2004.

We went on Glory Tours Land and Sea Tour last month and it was one of the highlights of our vacation. Harrison's Cave was amazing. The nature reserve was very interesting. Eating an authentic island lunch was fun (fly fish and macaroni pie can't be beat). The two snorkeling sites were both excellent. All in all, a fantastic day. Our tour guide, Quami, was extremely knowledgable about Barbados history and current events and was a great tour guide.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived