NCL cruise documents

Yes, you have to print your edocs or you'll miss the boat! :eek: There is a link to print your luggage tags there. However, there is a Welcome Packet that comes in the mail at about 50-60 days prior to the cruise that include luggage tags. I prefer to print my own on bright neon paper and then use the self-laminating tags from Office Max. (So, of course I printed mine on bright yellow paper and then the ones that came in the mail were orange)! :mad:

The ones that are sent to you are just the same as in the edocs, only they are like stickers. I still use the self-laminating luggage tags, rather than just stapling them (too flimsy).

This is just my experience though. The previous post states that some people don't get the packet. We will be taking our fourth cruise and have always recieved the packet.

I'm sailing in 40 days and have not received any welcome package in the mail yet. I have printed my edocs. Should I contact NCL and ask for the mailing?

We were sent an email saying the Welcome Packet was on it's way. Have you received any email like that?

Did you book thru NCL or thru a travel agent?

From what I have read on these boards, sometimes the customer service isn't so great when you call the one eight-hundred number. :o

Perhasp the packet if for those who booked through NCL directly and NOT through a travel agency?

Sorry, not sure if that is it either. On our first cruise we booked thru a travel agent. The last three have all been directly thru NCL. We have received the packet each time. Sorry, that wasn't much help, was it?!:o

I'm sailing in 40 days and have not received any welcome package in the mail yet. I have printed my edocs. Should I contact NCL and ask for the mailing?

No. There's nothing in it that you can't get online. There's a booklet with some of the shore tours in it, but not as complete as online. There's a section of Know Before You Go but that is also online.

There are flimsy (but can't be torn) luggage tags that are stickers to be removed and stuck together. The luggage tags online can be printed on cardstock and would be more durable imo.

Some mailings have a coupon book but nothing is feebie and the people with that mailing should have also gotten a Bonus link in their eDocs to print any of the coupons they want to use, if any.

This is the first time in 5 NCL cruises that we've received the packet.

Thanks for the responses, I did book directly through NCL. I have not received any e-mail telling me the packet is on it's way, so I guess I won't get the packet. Sounds like I'm not missing anything I can't get online. I did get the bonus link for some coupons.

Thanks for the responses, I did book directly through NCL. I have not received any e-mail telling me the packet is on it's way, so I guess I won't get the packet. Sounds like I'm not missing anything I can't get online. I did get the bonus link for some coupons.

The person who said the packet arrives in the mail 50-60 days before the cruise is wrong. The edocs are ready about 60 days prior to the cruise. The "Welcome Aboard" booklet comes in the mail about 30 days prior to the cruise, so you may get it shortly (I had one cruise where the email saying I would get the packet arrived after the actual packet came in the mail!).

In any event, as you have already surmised, the booklet doesn't contain anything important.

I booked once through a TA and once directly throught NCL and recieved welcome packets both times. The welcome packets aren't anything overly special so I gave both of them to the other folks I am traveling with so they could check them out. None of them have travelled on NCL before, so I thought they would enjoy them.

I just read another thread where the poster said he just received his welcom packet and luggage tags through the mail. I thought you just print your crusie docs and tags off the NCL website? Does everyone get luggage tags and a packet through the mail?

NCL is one of the few lines that will, sometime still send them. I don't know the critieria. I think it has to do with groups, but can't swear to that. Princess will not send them, no matter what. Of course we are not talking Princess now, so I will leave it at that.

Nita

I just read another thread where the poster said he just received his welcom packet and luggage tags through the mail. I thought you just print your crusie docs and tags off the NCL website? Does everyone get luggage tags and a packet through the mail?

I didn't get the packet with the luggage tags before my second cruise because I booked it 5 days before embarcation. I was able to go to the website and print out everything out in plenty of time. I boarded without an issue and my luggage found its way to my room with the tags that I printed out from the web. Like others have said, the tags printed from the website are actually stronger than the ones in the packet if you fold them according to instructions. We enhanced ours with clear packing tape.

Having said all that, it's always a good day when the packet with the pre-printed luggage tags arrives in the mail.:)

i have gotten the packet everytime we have cruised, last december we used the online luggage tags cos our cabin had changed...once you tape them they cant be torn, they do just fine-we just print ours out on reguar paper, do like the ones sent with the packet better as you just peel and stick but doesnt really matter as long as my luggage gets on the ship and to my cabin!

i have gotten my Welcome aboard packet anywhere from 60-30 days from sailing.

If you want to take the cheap way to laminate your luggage tags, just put wide clear packing tape over them. Works great. I always make way too many tags and then in our haste to put them on at the pier, end up using just one or two or those provided by the luggage handlers.

It depends where you live and how you booked

We have never received a packet with guides or tags - both times we have used TA's - once a UK one and once a USA one

We printed everything online - there isn't anything in the packet that you can't get online either.

The tags are rather rubbish though online - I usually photocopy and laminate them at work to make them sturdy

We are sailing Sept 4. Just was able to access and print my e-docs this past Tuesday. Was told it got held up because we were part of a large group booking. My TA just called yesterday to say she had luggage tags, welcome packet and a coupon booklet.

I hoping the tags are solid and durable but it is not sounding that way. Our last two cruises were CCL and I printed off the paper luggage tags, stapled the heck out of them and also made sure I put a large piece of paper in our luggage with our name and cabin number

I booked a cruise with a TA, printed the luggage tags and doc's from the web site, then a couple of days later, received the packed and luggage tags in the mail.

We received the Welcome Kit everytime we have cruised with NCL (4 times).

I booked with two different online TA's. Booked direct this time, so we shall see.

The last time on the Gem in January, the excursions were for Europe even though we were doing the Caribbean.

quote=Carnival Platinum Cruiser;25527084]I just read another thread where the poster said he just received his welcom packet and luggage tags through the mail. I thought you just print your crusie docs and tags off the NCL website? Does everyone get luggage tags and a packet through the mail?

We received our welcome packet and luggage tags a couple of weeks ago for cruise on August 28th.

The person who said the packet arrives in the mail 50-60 days before the cruise is wrong. The edocs are ready about 60 days prior to the cruise. The "Welcome Aboard" booklet comes in the mail about 30 days prior to the cruise, ...

The person who said the packet arrives in the mail 50-60 days before the cruise is CORRECT, at least in our recent experience since our cruise is September 20th and we received our packet the end of July which is 50-60 days before the start of the cruise.

The person who said the packet arrives in the mail 50-60 days before the cruise is CORRECT, at least in our recent experience since our cruise is September 20th and we received our packet the end of July which is 50-60 days before the start of the cruise.

Lets just agee that our experience differs.

Archived