Come on you "Legendarians" ...how was it?

sheilb4

I was on the Legend last November and it was awesome! Couldn't have asked for much better cruise. Only sad part of the whole trip were a couple of the guest (Tampa Police Officer) got seriously hurt in Cozumel on a non Carnival sponsored excursion, no relation to our party, but was sad that it had happened, delayed our ship leaving port.

You'll love the Legend! Have a great trip!

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/article1052868.ece

Anyone that just got off her today? am so waiting for a review....how was it? 2 weeks to go until I am on her....whoooop! :)

Help me out here....i enjoy your enthusiasm, however, some people still may be travelling home.....

So after you travel on the Legend, how soon should we expect your review?

Minutes........?????

Hours....???????

Days....???

After the cruise, traveling and laundry.....developing pictures.....you know the drill???

I was on the Legend last November and it was awesome! Couldn't have asked for much better cruise. Only sad part of the whole trip were a couple of the guest (Tampa Police Officer) got seriously hurt in Cozumel on a non Carnival sponsored excursion, no relation to our party, but was sad that it had happened, delayed our ship leaving port.

You'll love the Legend! Have a great trip!

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/article1052868.ece

If you are interested, here is an update on the Tampa PD officer.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/apr/04/injured-tampa-officer-recovers-parents-home/

I love the Legend so much, I have booked her again.

FUn week! A few showers but other than that, pretty good weather and smooth sailing.

I know one group lost a family member (I think heart attack?) early in the week, very sad.

The entertainment schedule was weird and the entertainment itself wasn't as good IMO to my other Legend cruise.

Food and staff were good.

We lucked out and got an extended balcony (7258) which was also 3x as long... loved that!

FUn week! A few showers but other than that, pretty good weather and smooth sailing.

I know one group lost a family member (I think heart attack?) early in the week, very sad.

The entertainment schedule was weird and the entertainment itself wasn't as good IMO to my other Legend cruise.

We lucked out and got an extended balcony (7258) which was also 3x as long... loved that!

We have the same room in November!! I am wondering if you had lounge chairs on your balcony? We r so excited about this balcony room!!!

Thanks for your comments, must have been great to get the ext balcony... glad you enjoyed it! sorry to hear about a loss...how dreadful for the family....

Hopefully there will be more reviews forthcoming, once folks get home and settled!! ;)

Well then - we were neighbors - we had 7256....

I will post a review - I was not impressed, and rather disappointed. Bummer. Ports were great though - the ship, is in need of dry dock, and her crew need vacations. Sad - I cruised on her 11/08 and had nothing but praises - this time, a few photos, and bed bug bites???:eek:

just got the ship yesterday. We had a great time.

We sunned on the beach at the Royal Palms, swam with the dolphins in Cozumel. Loved the beach in Rotan and went with cave-tubing.com in Belize.

I would highly recommend the cave-tubing. Had a great time. It was a good trip but the depressed area you travel though makes you lucky to live in a prosperous country.

I did miss the late night buffet though.

Did anyone think the shows were a bit off? That jazz routine was just plain weird.

I did enjoy Happy Cole. He was great.

I did the anytime dining but ended up most night around the same time as the late dining. All the staff was great. We had Phillip as our head waiter on 3 nights and he should really think of moving up to the front of the ship and get his own comedy show.

Dtr had them after Coz - but no one else.

I had them after Belize - no sand.

DH and DS got them before debarkation - no water, no mosquito's.

Someone on our plane said - ew...they have bed bugs...:eek: So when I called our doctor, he said most likely. There arent other bugs in the middle of the ocean that do that...but downplayed it - no big deal. Just have to watch for possible hitch hikers....:rolleyes:

Pft - dont be worried! They can happen anywhere to any cruise line. Im not 100% positive they are bed bugs, but they are not sand fleas. So...would you not go on vacation because you dont want bit by mosquitos? Naw - RCCL is a GREAT company - and CARNIVAL is also a GREAT company! There are a few distinct differences, but until you try them both, you will never know!! HAVE a BLAST!! No worries!

The sand fleas in Roatan are bad, but.....

bed bugs....eeeeeeeeeewww...have to look up a remedy for that so I can put on my mattress or protect my self???

Sad to hear she is looking tired and worn, sounds like the crew were too? Oh well, as long as the food is good and the sun is shining every day, I think I will be fine! No work, so hey!! whatever... :)

The sand fleas in Roatan are bad, but.....

bed bugs....eeeeeeeeeewww...have to look up a remedy for that so I can put on my mattress or protect my self???

Sad to hear she is looking tired and worn, sounds like the crew were too? Oh well, as long as the food is good and the sun is shining every day, I think I will be fine! No work, so hey!! whatever... :)

We had more problem with the jellyfish than sand fleas. Roatan was beautiful.

BUT...the food was not as good as the past, and we DID in fact get a lot of rain. Did that ruin our vacation...HECK NO!!

(PS - Im sorry to the Legend sailing group on 8/8 - my son singlehandedly depleted your ICE CREAM supply; probably didnt have any! hahaha)

We had more problem with the jellyfish than sand fleas. Roatan was beautiful.

BUT...the food was not as good as the past, and we DID in fact get a lot of rain. Did that ruin our vacation...HECK NO!!

(PS - Im sorry to the Legend sailing group on 8/8 - my son singlehandedly depleted your ICE CREAM supply; probably didnt have any! hahaha)

Jellyfish! oh dear...Am going to Nachi in Coz so at least there's a great pool there on the beach too....better take some benadryl, and hope the restaurant has vinegar!! eeeek!

Just want lots of beautiful sunshine an' I'll be happy........

Were the jelly fish only in Coz?

It was a jellyfish hatch, according to the "locals" and they had vinegar on site. Most people didnt realize what it was - Yes - Paradise Beach, Mr Sanchos, Nachi - all along the western beach area. But they brought in the tropical fish up close, too!! Take some tortillas or chips out in the water with you and the fish will swim up to you to eat!! SUPER COOL!!

The "hatch" is an annual event, and they were trying to downplay the "panic" - When I initially asked what the heck was going on with the jellies, they pulled a gallon jug of vinegar from under the counter and asked "do you need"? It was comical -

The "stings" were just little pinches, and sometimes, a red spot never even occurred. I know I kicked one, and had a red spot for a while - still never needed the vinegar, though. They are conical - transparent - and had little black dots (eyes???) Some places - like by the water toys - they were worse, than others. I guess that makes sense.

It was a jellyfish hatch, according to the "locals" and they had vinegar on site. Most people didnt realize what it was - Yes - Paradise Beach, Mr Sanchos, Nachi - all along the western beach area. But they brought in the tropical fish up close, too!! Take some tortillas or chips out in the water with you and the fish will swim up to you to eat!! SUPER COOL!!

The "hatch" is an annual event, and they were trying to downplay the "panic" - When I initially asked what the heck was going on with the jellies, they pulled a gallon jug of vinegar from under the counter and asked "do you need"? It was comical -

The "stings" were just little pinches, and sometimes, a red spot never even occurred. I know I kicked one, and had a red spot for a while - still never needed the vinegar, though. They are conical - transparent - and had little black dots (eyes???) Some places - like by the water toys - they were worse, than others. I guess that makes sense.

Interesting, thanks for the heads up!! maybe in 2 weeks they will have moved on.... I hope! Been to Coz tons of times, and never had this before, musta been lucky! LOL I will review when I get back and let you all know if they are still there!

I have a few questions for you if thats ok...

-The "Adult Only" pool aft....was it monitored? last time I was on her, there were tons of kids in there, and no-one cared.....

-Have they still got the drink punch cards and coffee ones? where you buy 5 and get one free for example?

-Did you attend or meet anyone that went to the Chefs' Table Event? Thanks.

Sorry that others not as happy with their cruise... We loved ours! We have sailed Legend many times and she never fails to satisfy! We found the crew to be lots of fun and highly attentive! Had a great time with them and they in turn took great care of us! We had no critters... although sand fleas and other bugs in port can be problematic this time of year. I got a few bites in

Belize but bed bugs....no.We were at Nachi Cocum and did not see any jellyfish either.... We thought the food was good... our favorite was the crab cakes. Also enjoyed Happy Cole and the other entertainers at the comedy club. The only "off" entertainment (IMHO) is the lead female singer preforming in the Colossus with opera arias or sacred tunes. Great voice but not so appropriate selections.

Regarding the aft pool (adult only).... saw children the day we sailed but afterwards, none. Seemed to be well respected and yes, saw security monitoring . In fact, we saw security much more visible all over which we thought was a positive. We did not have a problem with chair hogs either in that area and we spent both sea days there.

Legend goes into dry dock in February (according to the crew). I still think she is a beautiful ship.

Sorry that others not as happy with their cruise... We loved ours! We have sailed Legend many times and she never fails to satisfy! We found the crew to be lots of fun and highly attentive! Had a great time with them and they in turn took great care of us! We had no critters... although sand fleas and other bugs in port can be problematic this time of year. I got a few bites in

Belize but bed bugs....no.We were at Nachi Cocum and did not see any jellyfish either.... We thought the food was good... our favorite was the crab cakes. Also enjoyed Happy Cole and the other entertainers at the comedy club. The only "off" entertainment (IMHO) is the lead female singer preforming in the Colossus with opera arias or sacred tunes. Great voice but not so appropriate selections.

Regarding the aft pool (adult only).... saw children the day we sailed but afterwards, none. Seemed to be well respected and yes, saw security monitoring . In fact, we saw security much more visible all over which we thought was a positive. We did not have a problem with chair hogs either in that area and we spent both sea days there.

Legend goes into dry dock in February (according to the crew). I still think she is a beautiful ship.

Now thats much better...:D Thanks for the positive comments....at the end of the day we all have our preferences etc, me, I just wanna have that sun shining every day and soak it all up...and NO work for a whole week!!!

Archived