Can I Upgrade My Room At The Marriott Marina If I Booked Thru Priceline??

RAIDERMOM

I have booked four rooms at the Marriott Marina pre cruise. I was just on the Marriott's website and the standard guest rooms look okay but the balcony rooms look beautiful. Has anyone had a balcony room or upgraded to one using priceline???

Thanks

We stayed at the Marriot Marina on 1/29/2005. We requested a king room but the hotel was full and we were given two doubles. Our room was on the tenth floor overlooking Port Everglades. As we walked in we could see the QM2 doing her spin before heading out to sea, it was quite a sight.

It seemed like most rooms had balconies. You can contact the hotel directly and put in a request though they are under no obligation to honor it. My experience with priceline has been very positive. Most hotels have honored our requests if space was available. You can always ask to be upgraded, they will either say yes, no, or give you a price.

Best of luck and happy cruising!

yst

If you are gold or platinum with Marriott rewards you will be upgraded to a concierge level with balcony even though you booked through Priceline. We always request a high room overlooking the pool and the intercostal waterway.

Good Luck!

We stayed at Marriott Marina a few weeks ago and booked it through Priceline. I called the hotel directly about 2 weeks before our arrival to confirm the reservation and I requested a room with a view of the cruise ship pier. I again requested it when we checked in, and we got one of those great balcony rooms facing the pier. There was no upgrade money involved, just the request.

I stayed at the Mariott Marina in Oct thru PL ( $92 per nite). Our two rooms were on the 2nd or 3rd floor of of three story wing called the east or west villa. They had two wings can't remember what wing we were in.They were not tower rooms but had a balcony we overlooked the intracoastal(?) had some multimilliondollar yachts anchored outside our balcony.Only the ground floor rooms don't have a balcony. In walking the grounds we saw some rooms overlooking the parking lot so we were happy enough.

We stayed there a few weeks ago no problem getting a balcony room at no extra charge. I also booked through priceline. If you have time take the water taxi it was a fun trip! Stops right in front of the hotel. Also found a great Tex Mex restuarant down the street, it is to the left of Outback steakhouse.

I stayed there a cople of years ago, IMHO there is too much to do to worry about looking out from balcony.... Get Out There !

We took water taxie to shopping district (can't remember what it was called) but we saw incredible homes etc. along the way, ate dinner at a great little rest. right on canal. it was great, operator gave a great tour. Cost was very little... you can catch it right outside the hotel by the marina. This is an absolte Don't Miss! ML

I have never done priceline. Coming to Ft Everglades for Princess cruise on March 18. What do you typically bid for this type of room? Have no idea what to bid but would really like to get it. Thanks for the information about stars and location. I do understand that these will help you get a good hotel. HELP Time is running out.

Sun, I bid 3* downtown Ft. Lauderdale. My bid this year was accepted at $75 and received the Marriott Hotel and Marina for March 19th, very happy with this hotel.

Be sure you are aware that if your hotel bid is accepted, you cannot cancel or change your reservation, you are basically stuck with it. I have never been disappointed with a hotel bidding this way, but I guess there is always a first time.

Well so far not so good!! Tried last night for priceline but couldn't get my bid accepted. I went for a 3 star hotel in downtown and offered 75 dollars. Now I won't be able to try again for 3 days. I may get my friend over and try to bid with his card again.l

I was hoping it would work. I guess it is not true what they say about beginner's luck.

But I will keep trying.

Well let's hope it doesn't take me that long since I only have 2 weeks. Actually a little less than 2 weeks. Leaving on the Sun Princess on March 19th. I think that I will go ahead and make a reservation somewhere that I can cancel if need be. Don't want to have to sleep at the airport!!!

I am also going to DC in early June so maybe I will go ahead and begin trying this one, too.

Archived