internet minutes with platinum status

Princess Patty

I understand we will recieve internet minutes as we move up in status. Do we have to purchase minutes package with extra time added on or is there only a charge if you go over allotted time? Also, are there printers so you can get your airline boarding passes printed? Thanks. Can't wait for Sept 5th to come. 24 days on the Emerald!! Eastern, western, and southern caribbean.:)

You will get an internet credit of $75, $100 or $200 depending on the length of the cruise. You can either pay by the minute @75 cents per minute or purchase a package. Most people purchase the package the corresponds to their credit.

Yes, there are printers.

150 min package is per person not per cabin. So if both my wife and I are Platinumwe get 150 min package each. So in reality I can use 300 minutes per cruise. :D the wife zero minutes :mad:.

Ouch!:o Ok! Sweet thing You can have your time it yours not mine.

framer

The minutes are per Platinum member so you can, if you wish, share with your cabin mate. I find that with DW's minutes we seem to have lots of time if we use it judiciously. If you get the coupon booklets from your TA there is an extra 15 mins for each of you. Be very carefully about logging off per their instructions. Another thing that I do is request that people who I hear from regularly not send me messages with large attachments while I am a cruise.

We are Elite and always buy our internet package on the first day so we get the free extra minutes they are advertising. Have done this many times - but just back from the Star on 7/31 and the internet girl argued with me about the free minutes; said we weren't entitled since we already get free minutes with our plan; etc.

Anyone else have this happen to them? We have always gotten the extra incentive free minutes; used the coupons to add free minutes and use our Platinum or Elite status to get free minutes....

This internet girl really irritated me and she was VERY rude; told me I had never gotten the free minutes; this was her 3rd contract and it had never been done, etc....but she IS wrong. Luckily we had 3 of us with free minutes, so just shared and didn't run out. On a longer cruise (ours was 10 days) I would have made a stink about it.

We are Elite and always buy our internet package on the first day so we get the free extra minutes they are advertising. Have done this many times - but just back from the Star on 7/31 and the internet girl argued with me about the free minutes; said we weren't entitled since we already get free minutes with our plan; etc.

Anyone else have this happen to them? We have always gotten the extra incentive free minutes; used the coupons to add free minutes and use our Platinum or Elite status to get free minutes....

This internet girl really irritated me and she was VERY rude; told me I had never gotten the free minutes; this was her 3rd contract and it had never been done, etc....but she IS wrong. Luckily we had 3 of us with free minutes, so just shared and didn't run out. On a longer cruise (ours was 10 days) I would have made a stink about it.

Princess no longer goves bonus minutes for using the Platinum/Elite internet credit the first day.

Princess no longer goves bonus minutes for using the Platinum/Elite internet credit the first day.
Also, I understand that a new system is being rolled out that automatically recognizes your "status" and gives you the package for your cruise rather than having to sign up and have the amount credited.

Thanks guys. I think I understand the setup better now. My hubby leaves all the computer stuff to me so I will get to use his minutes by default.

Sounds good, however do remember the minutes don't get combined you will each have a separate account...so as you run out, switch over to his. It would probably a good idea to go over it with the Internet Café staff before you start.

Paul or Pam - when did this change??? Just got the free extra minutes last year.....didn't see any notice about this from Princess...

The automatic system seems much more user friendly for all - hope that goes through.

Thanks -

Paul or Pam - when did this change??? Just got the free extra minutes last year.....didn't see any notice about this from Princess...

The automatic system seems much more user friendly for all - hope that goes through.

Thanks -

I think it was last year some time. I don't think it was all at once. I think some internet managers continued to give the bonus for a while.

When you tink about it, why would Princess give us bonus minutes for using free minutes. They are already giving us 150 to 500 minutes depending on the length of the cruise

Print boarding passes for $1 per sheet. So I get mine at the kiosk at the airport.

quote]

Is there really a charge for printing boarding passes now? We've never been charged before. Thanks.

There has always been a charge per page to print anything in the internet cafe.

Print boarding passes for $1 per sheet. So I get mine at the kiosk at the airport.

quote]

Is there really a charge for printing boarding passes now? We've never been charged before. Thanks.

There has been a 50 cent per print job charge for several years, probably since they put in the internet cafe.

There has always been a charge per page to print anything in the internet cafe.

I have never been charged a printing charge on Princess in 30 cruises.In Jan.,I had to do some business onboard and printed out 30 pages plus our boarding pass and there was no charge.

Archived