Pictures from Alaska 7/31-8/7 on the Golden Princess

Paradisefound619

If anyone is interested. Here is a link to my pictures of our amazing cruise to Alaska.

http://alaskancruiseaugust2010.shutterfly.com

If you would like to view all pictures click on the blue title "Alaskan Cruise- August 2010" until the Recent Activity section.

I am just completing the descriptions on some of the picture which is located right until the photo. Enjoy and let me know if you have any questions!

I also have a review of the cruise on the Princess boards and under Member Reviews.

I know I enjoyed looked at my pictures before taking my cruise, hope these are enjoyable to other too!

I hate you and your great weather. :D

Very nice photos!

Ha Ha! We know we were spoiled with the wonderful weather and have said when we come back to Alaska in the future our expectation will be high.....oh well. We definitely enjoyed :)

Thanks for viewing the photos! It's fun to share ;)

Fabulous photos! Might I ask which cabin you were in? Golden Princess was neck and neck with the Alaskan Cruise that I ultimately chose. I just got through photos 1-150 and can't wait to look at the rest! Makes for nice dreaming :)

BTW, what camera did you use?

Thanks for taking the time to post the photos, very much appreciated :)

Fabulous photos! Might I ask which cabin you were in? Golden Princess was neck and neck with the Alaskan Cruise that I ultimately chose. I just got through photos 1-150 and can't wait to look at the rest! Makes for nice dreaming :)

BTW, what camera did you use?

Thanks for taking the time to post the photos, very much appreciated :)

Sailkeywest-

Thanks for the nice response! Yes, I know it's a lot photos, I took 1655, so narrowing them down was quite the chore. I love to scrapbook, so that is one reason why i take so many....plus it's the BEST way to capture the memories and boy were they good ones!

The camera I used most of the time and especially for the scenery and close-up shots was a Panasonic Lumix (mode DMC-FZ7). It is a digital with a 12X optical zoom. I love it! It was actually my dads but after he passed away my mom side I could use it because she is not that in to taking pictures. Good thing she brought me on the cruise with her or she wouldn't have any :)

The cabin were in was B729 (Baja Deck).....LOVED it and we could book it again if we could afford a balcony room.

Thank so so so much. I've been wanting to see Golden Princess photos. I will be cruising on this boat on 9/4/10.

Oceanfun77-

I enjoyed seeing pictures of the Golden too before sailing! Here is a link to my review if you are curious (it's also on the Princess boards).

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=70824

Enjoy your cruise in September!!!!

Great Photos! Thanks for posting. You got some great shots of the whales bubble feeding in Juneau. Is the bear picture you got from Mendenhall Glacier? Thanks!

Yes, the picture of the bear was from our trip to the Mendenhall Glacier. There is a salmon stream over to the left when you drive in. This is where our bus let us off. A ton of people were gathered over there so we headed there first to see what the fuss what about....and it was about the bear! I gave my camera quick to my husband and he got a few shots. I posted the best one.

I enjoyed your photos, I never get tired of it.

I think photo 635, "So sad to be leaving the Golden!" should really be last rather than next to last as it really summarizes how almost everyone feels when getting off the cruise...

There is a short time lapse version of your cruise in my collection (see signature below) although it doesnt do the trip justice as the quality of the Golden webcam is not very good.

Beautiful pictures. So glad you had a wonderful time. DH and I did cruisetours in '07 & '09, and hope to go again soon, but with 2 in college, it may be awhile.:confused: With temps over 100 degrees here in Texas, looking at your pics helped me cool down this afternoon.

Thanks for sharing!:)

Thanks so much for sharing your awesome Alaska pics. They make me more anxious to book our 2011 Alaskan cruise!

You were so lucky with the weather...even it Ketchican (spell?) you had great weather.

Most cruisers post rainy weather there. So good to know that the sun does shine there!

What kind of camera did you use? The pictures were nice a clear.

We were on the Golden twice in the Caribbean. She still looks well maintained.

Again, thanks for sharing your wonderful cruise pics and info.

Looks very familiar! We were on the 7/31 Rotterdam. I think we kept passing each other at the different ports LOL. Great pictures! Thanks for sharing. You got much better whale photos. Did you go on a whale watch trip? or were those taken while onboard?

Looks very familiar! We were on the 7/31 Rotterdam. I think we kept passing each other at the different ports LOL. Great pictures! Thanks for sharing. You got much better whale photos. Did you go on a whale watch trip? or were those taken while onboard?

Yes! We did keep passing each other. I have a lot of pictures of the Rotterdam! I didn't post all of them on the site...let me know if you want any :)

What a great cruise, huh? Some of the very first whale photos were from our balcony on the Golden but once we got to Juneau the rest are from our whale watching trip with Orca Enterprises. A GREAT excursion.

Yes! We did keep passing each other. I have a lot of pictures of the Rotterdam! I didn't post all of them on the site...let me know if you want any :)

What a great cruise, huh? Some of the very first whale photos were from our balcony on the Golden but once we got to Juneau the rest are from our whale watching trip with Orca Enterprises. A GREAT excursion.

The weather was perfect! I think I wore my jacket once really. I will have to keep the Golden in mind. It looks really beautiful. Sounds / looks like you had a great trip too!

Your pictures are fantastic. AMAZING whale pictures. Makes me wish I had booked a whale-watching excursion. Looking at these is really making me excited for our cruise (Aug. 28th). Hoping we're as fortunate as you in the weather department! ;)

We have similar cameras. I have a Panasonic DMC F-Z50 with 12X zoom. Love it and can't wait to use it on our Alaskan cruise. Hope I get HALF as beautiful pics as you did!! Thanks for sharing!

Sailkeywest-

Thanks for the nice response! Yes, I know it's a lot photos, I took 1655, so narrowing them down was quite the chore. I love to scrapbook, so that is one reason why i take so many....plus it's the BEST way to capture the memories and boy were they good ones!

The camera I used most of the time and especially for the scenery and close-up shots was a Panasonic Lumix (mode DMC-FZ7). It is a digital with a 12X optical zoom. I love it! It was actually my dads but after he passed away my mom side I could use it because she is not that in to taking pictures. Good thing she brought me on the cruise with her or she wouldn't have any :)

The cabin were in was B729 (Baja Deck).....LOVED it and we could book it again if we could afford a balcony room.

Thank you for the reply, Paradisefound! Sorry for the delayed response :P

Archived