Anyone looking for a bargain? Fall Repo Prices are bottoming out!

cliffd64

Just happened to check the Fall Repositioning cruises from New York and Boston (to Miami and New Orleans, aboard the Dawn and Spirit respectively) and the prices are really low now that it's past final payment date!

For the Dawn 12 day repo (Oct 10 - 22):

$499 for an inside ( about $42 dollars a day + taxes and fees)

All categories are available...

For the Spirit 15 day Repo from Boston to New Orleans (we were already booked on this one months ago) (Oct 23 - Nov 7):

$599 for an inside - ( about 39.90 a day plus taxes and fees)

All categories except suites are available...

These look like good deals if someone is looking for a fall cruise!

is that when i should see deals .im looking at december should i wait till september or later .

Final payment date is usually 75 days from date of sailing... Not always a guarantee that there will be bargains though after final payment date... depends on the sailing etc...

Just happened to check the Fall Repositioning cruises from New York and Boston (to Miami and New Orleans, aboard the Dawn and Spirit respectively) and the prices are really low now that it's past final payment date!

For the Dawn 12 day repo (Oct 10 - 22):

$499 for an inside ( about $42 dollars a day + taxes and fees)

All categories are available...

For the Spirit 15 day Repo from Boston to New Orleans (we were already booked on this one months ago) (Oct 23 - Nov 7):

$599 for an inside - ( about 39.90 a day plus taxes and fees)

All categories except suites are available...

These look like good deals if someone is looking for a fall cruise!

Are you finding these deals on the NCL Website?

They may not show up directly on the website but with a little digging they are there - for the Spirit Repo - do a dummy booking - when you get to select a category you should see one for $1198.00 - that's for two people BUT they are for a few cabins on Deck five right at the front of the ship or on Deck 4 next to the Medical clinic - at least that was the case when I checked out those prices yesterday after hearing about them from our roll call group.

Hope this helps and if you should decide to book the Spirit Repo cruise leaving Boston on Oct 23 be sure to join our roll call group.

Cheers

Dennis

We were looking at this one before we booked our Bermuda cruise on the Dawn for August 29. It sounds like a pretty nice itinerary.

If anybody at NCL would like to bump us from our AC suite on the 29th to the A1 on this cruise....we'd be willing to listen ;)

We were looking at this one before we booked our Bermuda cruise on the Dawn for August 29. It sounds like a pretty nice itinerary.

If anybody at NCL would like to bump us from our AC suite on the 29th to the A1 on this cruise....we'd be willing to listen ;)

Why don't you join us over on the roll call for the 29th.We have about 30 adults lined up and we are doing a slot pull!

Don

I love repo cruises. Last Fall we took NCL Star from Vancouver to LA. We were able to visit my sister and her family in Seattle before the cruise and then visited my son and grandsons in LA after the cruise.

Unfortunately for us, the repo cruises from Boston were too many days this year. We did a 10 day on RCCL Jewel of the Seas a couple years ago but they lengthened their repo cruise to 13 days this year and 14 days next year.

Until I retire, we have to take shorter cruises. This year we are taking Celebrity Summit's repo from NJ for 6 nights. It means taking Amtrak to Newark but it's better than staying home. We were lucky to get a oneway ticket for only $46--better than flying these days.

We are doing the 1/2011 repo on the Star and I've been watching prices for over a year...the balconies are sold out and the prices have only gone up up up...I wonder if we will see drops after final payment date.

Yep, likely.

However, if you are fixed on a cabin type, booking ahead is the answer.

To snag the real bargains, you are best to be open to ANY cabin, and sailing.

A couple years ago, I did that for a Panama Canal cruise. Had 3-4 cruises I blocked time out for, then waited. :) Ended up with a 16 day trip for $320 base plus taxes (which was more than the cruise :) )

The bottom prices on the repo sailings are very early and very late. I picked up the NCL Sun repo 12 day, in October a year prior for less than $500pp with taxes, plus a $150 ship credit. but I am also bored silly on sea days. :) My husband greatly enjoys them.

Archived