Excursion ideas for Belize that don't involve tubing or snorkeling

Mooloo

I'm hoping you guys would have ideas or reccomendations for Belize that don't involve tubing or snorkeling.:confused:

I've looked through the threads and most of the suggestions revolve around tubing or snorkeling....

Help:)

Thanks in advance

For ruins there's also Altun Ha which is closer, equally as impressive and some say better than the other ruins. I believe the tours there include a tour of Belize City. The zoo is actually more of a game preserve but interesting and is outside the city.

read the zoo is great in guidebook,,,game preserve sounds interesting,,do you walk it,,ride ? Heard the city is sort of rough,,crime? better to see with group?

Hubby wants to do ziplining,,,all tours are inc.in cruise price on Regent,,so just a matter to chose...he can do one and I ll do another,,,just what is interesting,safe,etc...??

Any info will help,,,thanks in advance:confused:

We are going on a boat to Caye Caulker to explore. Will probably rent bicycles or a golf cart, eat somewhere, sit on the beach, have some drinks, etc. We will probably shore snorkel too. Once before in Belize we did the Carnival excursion to Altan Ha/River Wallace. Was a good day with varied activities and not a strenuous level.

I'm hoping you guys would have ideas or reccomendations for Belize that don't involve tubing or snorkeling.:confused:

I've looked through the threads and most of the suggestions revolve around tubing or snorkeling....

Thanks in advance

We're going on the Belize City tour and Altun Ha ruins and we're booking it through the cruiseline. We have never done a cruise shore excursion before because I think they are way too expensive, but I'll tell you why we are doing this one. First of all it is a tender port. The ship will let people on the tender who are booked through theiir tour first. More importantly though, I tend to worry and am afraid something could happen that would delay our return and we wouldn't make it back in time for the last tender so we are biting the bullet and booked through the cruiseline. Also, it's 58.00 pp and most of the tour operators were only in the mid forty dollar range so I think it's a small price to pay for peace of mind. For our other ports we're doing beaches, zip-lining, shopping, that type of thing. I thought it would be nice to see some of Belize and learn something on a more educational excursion since the others are just pure fun.

We are going on a boat to Caye Caulker to explore. Will probably rent bicycles or a golf cart, eat somewhere, sit on the beach, have some drinks, etc. We will probably shore snorkel too. Once before in Belize we did the Carnival excursion to Altan Ha/River Wallace. Was a good day with varied activities and not a strenuous level.

What boat are you taking to Caye Caulker? We would be interested in doing this privately. Any ideas of the costs and timelines? We're on NCL Dawn in October.

Debbie and Tony

Originally Posted by terryde

Would also be interested in any info you have please. Carnival Legend in October Yipee!

I just posted this on another thread...Kathy and I had a great time on this tour. We liked the freedom of having control of our own boat and following the guide at our own pace. The only restraint coming though the occasional commentary given by the guides over the marine VHF radio...I'll post some photos when I get to the office tomorrow.

Check out Hammerhead Water Sports, Captain you own boat tour...Check it out here: http://www.coralbreezetours.com/ Click on "Captain your boat" make you reservation with Coral Breeze direct to save bucks, although the ship we were on did not have this on their list. Goggle "Hammerhead water sports Belize" an click on the first You tube hit, I uploaded 3 short videos under the name "wintergarden2006".

We booked the "observer" rate through Coral Breezes for $39 pp. They drop us at Caye Caulker, while others go snorkeling and I think other fishing. We do snorkel a lot, but wanted a different day. ($69pp to snorkel, or $75 pp t add lunch. We will get lunch on our own there as we will probably have 3 hours or so). You can google info about Caye Caulker and things to do. Not an active beach scene, but we are very interested. I have a colleague who rents a beach house there every summer for the past 5 years or so (cheap) and just loves the atmosphere, so we have to check it out.

There are other tours, not with this company, that fly to Ambergris Caye for about $115. That is a much busier, more developed island. To get there by boat is about 1 1/2 hours each way.

Thanks in advance

We did the Zipline Excursion thru Island Marketing LTD last September. It was awesome! Would do it again! Loved it!

For ruins there's also Altun Ha which is closer, equally as impressive and some say better than the other ruins. I believe the tours there include a tour of Belize City. .

we did thr ruins and city...it was really a GOOD tour, despite the pouring rain in the begining at the ruins, but still very impressive like crewsweeper said!

Archived