Cab fare Port Everglades to Ft. Lauderdale Airport?

lysolqn

I live in Fort Lauderdale and I can tell you to just take a cab. The airport is right next to the port. It's maybe a 5 minute drive, definitely not worth hiring a private car.

Though they are really close, I think it takes 15-20 minutes to get there allowing for traffic and lights. It'll take more than five minutes to get from the dock to the Port Everglades exit gate. Celebrity normally doesn't have one of the docks close to the entrance. You also have to consider how many other ships are in port. We've done this about 10 times and the earliest we ever got off the ship is about 6:30 using the early walk off.

We have a 7:45 a.m. flight. Will we be able to get a cab at the early hour required to get us to the airport 2 hrs. before flight time? Thanks!

No . You will NOT be at the airport two hours before no matter what transportation you take...well maybe using a time machine.

You will be lucky if you can walk off the ship at 6:30. And that is if there is no delay of any kind. If you said your flight was at 9:00, I'd already be sweating it out for you. But this is just unrealistic. Change it now.

After re-opening this six-year-old thread, NanceVV who asked about making a 7:45 am flight has never posted again on this or any other board for over a month. This whole issue may be moot. In any case, if that poster doesn't come back, there isn't much reason to keep discussing this…..

Edited by cruisestitch

After re-opening this six-year-old thread, NanceVV who asked about making a 7:45 am flight has never posted again on this or any other board for over a month. …..

Took her a month to find a later flight home after she missed this early one.:p