Travelling with teens

Piperpals

I am cruiseing for first time without my husband but with 2 teenage daughters 14 and 16 in a couple of weeks, Mercury to Alaska. It is their second cruise but first on Celebrity.

Are they permitted to go to the Captains Club Reception with me or is it over 18 only?

and

I know that the nightclub has an age restriction after a certain time (10pm I think) but are they free to go to with me to all of the other lounges in the evening (maritini bar etc.) or are there other restrictions?

I know there are teen activities etc. and teen lounge but like to know what the rules are on the rest of the ship ahead of time.

Any info would be appreciated, thanks

I don't know the official rule but on our July cruise on Eclipse there was a family with a young girl of about 10 and another family with 2 teenage boys who regularly attended. In both cases they were all well behaved and I don't think anyone minded.

Apart from the nightclub, I believe there are no restrictions in the bars at night.

Julie

Have cruised with my son many times in his teen-age years. He was always welcome at all parties and events, with the only exception being in the disco after 10:00 as you mentioned. I think there are some age restrictions in the health club as well, but I do not recall exactly what they were. Double check, but I seem to recall at the time you had to be either 18, or 14 with a parent. I may be wrong on that one, or it may have changed. The only other exception I know does not apply on your ship - children under 18 are not to use the T-pool on Millenium class ships (at least that's how it was last time I was on one). They all did anyway, but that's a story for another post:).

Have fun.

We took our teens to Alaska last year on Princess--they absolutely loved it! They hung out at the teen club-I'm sure X is the same, even though on our Sept sailing there weren't many kids onboard. One thing that was really funny that we were glad we checked on ahead of time, the kids brought their cell phones-when you are at sea-on our plan at least, international charges apply, but when you are in port in Alaska regular charges apply, as soon as we docked the kids were texting like crazy!

There are so many fun things for teens to do-enjoy!

CoffeequeenJ:)

My daughter has been coming with me to the Captain's Club reception since she was a young child and we've never had a problem. One time at the cocktail party, we won the most-traveled X passengers award and the CC hostess proudly presented it to my daughter. It was a huge thrill for her. :) As for the lounges, the other information is correct: the discos are off-limits to under 18 after 10pm.

I was on an Alaskan cruise on the Infinity in May and there was a sign in the solarium that children were allowed in there under the supervision of an adult. I'm thinking that for the colder weather cruises, they relax the solarium rules. There were a few kids in there but they were all well behaved.

Archived