security question

8togo

Taking my first cruise in September out of Port Canaveral and have a security question.

When you're going through security, do you just walk through a metal detector and they xray carryons, or do they have those intrusive body scans like at some airports?

Thanks!

Taking my first cruise in September out of Port Canaveral and have a security question.

When you're going through security, do you just walk through a metal detector and they xray carryons Yes, or do they have those intrusive body scans like at some airports No?

Thanks!

Ken

When you're going through security, do you just walk through a metal detector and they xray carryons, or do they have those intrusive body scans like at some airports?

Thanks!

It's much less intimidating than at an airport. They do xray carry-ons, but only once did I have to go through a metal detector. Usually it is just the carry-ons that are examined.

Thanks!

I have never experienced an intrusive body scan and I travel the airways frequently.

Carry on is xrayed and you walk through a metal detector just like an airport.

Thanks!

It's just as you described it... walk through metal detector and x-ray the bags...

:)

It's much less intimidating than at an airport. They do xray carry-ons, but only once did I have to go through a metal detector. Usually it is just the carry-ons that are examined.

Every port that i've ever been to, there has been a Metal detector we have to walk thru...Also everytime you board the ship from a port of call, you will have have your items scanned and walk thru a metal detector as soon as you board at the gangway.

Wow you guys are fast! My dd, 13, was worried about scanners. Glad to tell her NO on that.

If you happen to go thru an airport with a body scanner just let her know they have these intrusive scanners to keep her safe!

They are a bit annoying and take a little longer but I do feel safer going thru them than a regular scanner, you would not believe the things people get on planes with just the walk thru scanner.

If you happen to go thru an airport with a body scanner just let her know they have these intrusive scanners to keep her safe!

They are a bit annoying and take a little longer but I do feel safer going thru them than a regular scanner, you would not believe the things people get on planes with just the walk thru scanner.

Just be sure not to have any of those deadly surfboard shaped bottle openers from Ron Jon's in your carry on.....things tend to slow down when you do!!!

Just be sure not to have any of those deadly surfboard shaped bottle openers from Ron Jon's in your carry on.....things tend to slow down when you do!!!

And i can see why....you could take someones eye out with that thing....unlike the sharp knives they give us everynight in the dining room...LOL!;)

Wow you guys are fast! My dd, 13, was worried about scanners. Glad to tell her NO on that.

Tell her not to worry. Relax and remember a couple of minutes after going through the scanner (metal detector) she will be on the cruise ship and for the time being she can adopt my cruising theme---"It's all about me"

The majors I've been into has used them as an option but did not force you to use them, they were just another line.

I for one, welcome the "intrusive" body scanners, they are so much quicker and more efficient & safer. Since I have an artificial hip and a fused spine, I can go thru the body scanner in less than 15 seconds while a wanding and hand pat down takes several minutes.

Someone wanting to bring something illegal on board a ship or plane will be very hesitant to go thru a scanner machine, but could take their chances on a walk thru metal detector.

When you're going through security, do you just walk through a metal detector and they xray carryons, or do they have those intrusive body scans like at some airports? Thanks!

Metal detectors and Xray...Yes! Body cavity searches :eek:....No! And no touchy feely TSA agents :D

We have been on 20+ cruises, and we always walk through the metal detector when reboarding the ship and on embarktion day, since 9/11. What port do you sail out of?

Actually, I have been through most major airports. but since I do travel frequently. I take the experienced traveler line and get through quicker since I get get my stuff in the bin and shoes off in no time.

I do have to say that i haven't been traveling as much for the past couple of months so these machines may be new to the airports I go to and through.

But with a little planning and patience, any screening in airports or on the ships will be a peice of cake.

Archived