? about Mahogany Bay

versuco

We aren't really wanting to take another tour there. We've been there before and just want to spend a relaxing day on the beach, maybe walk accross the street and do the new zip lining.

Do you know if Mahogany Bay will still be accessible to cruisers if the ship is not able to dock there? I guess we could take a taxi there if it is open.

Thanks for your help:)!

We were on the Dream in May and were unable to dock at Mahogany Bay. We had a tour booked with Island Marketing and they were waiting for us when we exited Coxen Hole Port. An announcement was made that all the facilities at were closed a Mahogany Bay including the beach.

If Carnival doesn't dock at Mahogany Bay, those activities are canceled. It happened to us in April. The excursion desk will be open to help those who wnat to book a new excursion. We too had booked the beach break through Island Marketing, which I would not recommend. I left a review on the Roatan board.

Sol y Mar

So if I am understanding this correctly, if the ship does not dock at Mahogany Bay, all those facilities are closed for the day and your walk off the ship to a relaxing beach has disappeared:(! You are left scrambling at the last minute finding an excursion or basically staying on the ship.

Thanks for all the replies - we will just keep our fingers crossed that we are able to dock at Mahogany Bay.

So if I am understanding this correctly, if the ship does not dock at Mahogany Bay, all those facilities are closed for the day and your walk off the ship to a relaxing beach has disappeared:(! You are left scrambling at the last minute finding an excursion or basically staying on the ship.

Thanks for all the replies - we will just keep our fingers crossed that we are able to dock at Mahogany Bay.

Docking at Mahogany Bay is a bit of a challenge under good conditions. If the wind and seas are up it's dangerous. There's the remains of a ship in the bay as a reminder...

:)

We aren't really wanting to take another tour there. We've been there before and just want to spend a relaxing day on the beach, maybe walk accross the street and do the new zip lining.

Do you know if Mahogany Bay will still be accessible to cruisers if the ship is not able to dock there? I guess we could take a taxi there if it is open.

Thanks I asked CLip n Zip about that and they will pick you up and take you back if you don't dock at Mahogany bay. They are the new one you are referring to.

Thanks boyle0268

- that is good to know. We weren't planning on booking ahead with them, we were just going to wait until we got there and walk over from Mahogany Bay.

It says on their website you did not have to book ahead. Hopefully they will have a shuttle at Coxen Hole if the dock changes or we will try and get a taxi.

Thanks Mach,

We definitely do not want to dock at Mahogany Bay if conditions are unsafe. It will just be a hassle if we don't. We are still going to have a wonderful time:D! We are looking forward to our first cove balconys.

Thanks boyle0268

- that is good to know. We weren't planning on booking ahead with them, we were just going to wait until we got there and walk over from Mahogany Bay.

It says on their website you did not have to book ahead. Hopefully they will have a shuttle at Coxen Hole if the dock changes or we will try and get a taxi.

Thanks Mach,

We definitely do not want to dock at Mahogany Bay if conditions are unsafe. It will just be a hassle if we don't. We are still going to have a wonderful time:D! We are looking forward to our first cove balconys.

Yeah, they said they automatically go over to the other side if the cruise doesn't dock at Moahogany and drive the guests back afterward, so you should be able to still do the zip lining. Maybe you could just take a taxi back after if you also wanted to go to the beach

I know that the Dream sometimes has problems docking at Mahogany Bay, but what about the Legend? Anyone been on the Legend when it couldn't dock? Thanks in advance.

Dawn

We were on the Legend in April, and it couldn't dock at Mahogany Bay. See my post above.

Sol y Mar

Yeah, they said they automatically go over to the other side if the cruise doesn't dock at Moahogany and drive the guests back afterward, so you should be able to still do the zip lining. Maybe you could just take a taxi back after if you also wanted to go to the beach

Thanks again, boyle0268 - that is what we needed to know:).

If you dock at Coxens, a quick cab ride will get you to Tabyana Beach, which is so much nicer than the man made Mahogany "beach".

If you dock at Coxens, a quick cab ride will get you to Tabyana Beach, which is so much nicer than the man made Mahogany "beach".

Thanks, we've been to Tabyana Beach and loved it. We will have a 22 month old with us this time and want to stay close to the ship in case she gets fussy. We don't want to disturb the children haters on the beach:eek:!

Archived