Lunch costs with Romeinlimo tours??

jhawks

We are currently booked on tours with Romeinlimo in Naples, Rome & Florence. They all include lunch stops at our expense, & I'm assuming our driver will recommend places, but I'm wondering what is a good amount to budget? Any past romeinlimo passengers care to share your experiences? Thanks so much!

I honestly don't remember what our cost was. The first time in Rome, Duman suggested a nice pizzeria that was very cheap. It was down the lane from the Pantheon. The second time we went to a bigger, fancier restaurant that I had requested be near the water in Positano so the price was more expensive. Give your driver a budget of what YOU want to spend on lunch and go from there. Trust them to take you to the less touristy places where your euro will go further. Enjoy!! Shelly:)

We are currently booked on tours with Romeinlimo in Naples, Rome & Florence. They all include lunch stops at our expense, & I'm assuming our driver will recommend places, but I'm wondering what is a good amount to budget? Any past romeinlimo passengers care to share your experiences? Thanks so much!

We've used Rome in Limo each of the past two years. The lunch stop will be totally up to you. Depending on how busy your day is, your driver will usually ask you if you want to eat-on-the-run or take some time. After you decide that it will be up to you to decide which you'd like ... sit-down restaurant (read: more costly) or more casual like pizza (read: not pricey). And, not only will your driver recommend places, but he'll make the reservation for you. The really good news for you is that RIL will not stop at the places that cater to the BIG bus groups. You'll be at more "local type" restaurants where the prices aren't artificially high. We always took the opportunity to experience a nice neighborhood restaurant and I never felt it was expensive. You'll enjoy your day with RIL ... we sure have!! Have a great trip!

I have a RIL question as well. We are using them in Naples, Rome & Florence. Group of 8 in Naples, 4 in Rome & just the 2 of us for a Tuscany/Pisa/Florence day.

Does the driver eat with you and does he pay or do we pay for his meal? We have never had a driver sit with us or paid for one, but these tours will be much more personal and want to do the right thing.

Hi Lynn and JayHawks,

I just returned from Italy three days agao and can provide some answers for you. First off you will greatly enjoy RIL as they are prompt, professional and personable. The driver does not eat with you or or group. They will recommend a place if you do not have something in mind. In Florence(Firenze) we ate at Boccadama. In the front it looks like like a cafe with coffee and sweets but they have tables and a small dining area. My tab was 36 Euro for two. I am looking at the bill---seating for 2- 2.00 bruschetta 5.00 1 lasagna 8.50 1 lasagna with pesto 8.50, 1 pinot grigio 4.50, coke light 3.50 and dessert 4.00. The meal was great and it was very crowded. John was our driver guide. Carmine was our driver guide for Naples and we ate in Postano. This was our second time at Trattoria La Tagliata. They are family owned and operated with a wonderful view of the coast. The meal is family style with a set menu and we had a sampling of everything. If we wanted more we asked. Drinks were included-wine, water and soda. There was also dessert. price 25 Euro per person. For this area that is reasonable. Lastly we were doing a tour outside of Rome and ate at Sara Lettia. (I need to double check this) our driver was Mauro. Here we also did some wine tasting. Again the meal was 35 E for 2 and we ate well. English was spotty here so our driver helped out. There were 3 vans with 20 of us. The drivers sat in another area together.

Hope this helps

Debra

I have a RIL question as well. We are using them in Naples, Rome & Florence. Group of 8 in Naples, 4 in Rome & just the 2 of us for a Tuscany/Pisa/Florence day.

Does the driver eat with you and does he pay or do we pay for his meal? We have never had a driver sit with us or paid for one, but these tours will be much more personal and want to do the right thing.

We've enjoyed our RIL drivers so much that in every port, for two years, we've invited them to eat with us. They always politely refuse. I guess it's their time to relax a bit too!! If they had joined us, I would have paid for the meal.

We used RIL in Florence and ate at the small cafe the driver recommended. Entrees were in the 5-10 Euro range for pastas, which were very good. It wasn't a fancy place but we enjoyed it.

Our driver didn't eat with us, so I can't address that.

Hi Lynn and JayHawks,

I just returned from Italy three days agao and can provide some answers for you. First off you will greatly enjoy RIL as they are prompt, professional and personable. The driver does not eat with you or or group. They will recommend a place if you do not have something in mind. In Florence(Firenze) we ate at Boccadama. In the front it looks like like a cafe with coffee and sweets but they have tables and a small dining area. My tab was 36 Euro for two. I am looking at the bill---seating for 2- 2.00 bruschetta 5.00 1 lasagna 8.50 1 lasagna with pesto 8.50, 1 pinot grigio 4.50, coke light 3.50 and dessert 4.00. The meal was great and it was very crowded. John was our driver guide. Carmine was our driver guide for Naples and we ate in Postano. This was our second time at Trattoria La Tagliata. They are family owned and operated with a wonderful view of the coast. The meal is family style with a set menu and we had a sampling of everything. If we wanted more we asked. Drinks were included-wine, water and soda. There was also dessert. price 25 Euro per person. For this area that is reasonable. Lastly we were doing a tour outside of Rome and ate at Sara Lettia. (I need to double check this) our driver was Mauro. Here we also did some wine tasting. Again the meal was 35 E for 2 and we ate well. English was spotty here so our driver helped out. There were 3 vans with 20 of us. The drivers sat in another area together.

Hope this helps

Debra

That information is so helpful. Thank you! Can you use a VISA card to pay for meals while on the tours? It seems like we are going to need mountains of cash so this would be helpful in needing to carry less.

Its "your" private tour, if you have a specific lunch request either budget, time or place make it.

If you have no preference here which was our situation.

Naples: Went to a nice small resturant at their recommendation between Amafli and Ravello in Pontone. Nice small resturant with views to die for. Menu had things from under 10 euros to 20 euros. The driver ate sperately

Rome: Again went with their schedule as everything we wanted/must see was there. Ate right across from the Vatican Museum entry. Several RIL tours were eating there and met Duman. Again lots of choices between 10-20 euros. If all you want is pizza that was under 10 Euros. Don't forget to add water as bottle water is what is offered at a charge in most places. The drivers and Duman ate outside.

Florence: We spent about an hour and half window and picked one of the many resturants near Santa Croce.

have a great time!

That information is so helpful. Thank you! Can you use a VISA card to pay for meals while on the tours? It seems like we are going to need mountains of cash so this would be helpful in needing to carry less.

All the resturants we ate at took CC, we used Capital one. And yes its lots of cash, I was paying for 11 so I felt like a walking ATM.

1182594916_1970_NaplesPontoneLunchStop.jpg.54909262e5d2d6994e74453494cebc84.jpg

1715764322_3295_DumanandourRomeDrivers.jpg.01db05ffbadd845fae4eb696e28e65f0.jpg

Archived