Dry Cleaning on the Royal Princess.

Toto2Kansas

We are having a discussion on our roll call about dry cleaning services on the smaller ships, namely the Royal Princess.

Dry Cleaning has never been offered before on the smaller ships, but some have called and been told by Princess it is now offered.

Anyone who has sailed recently on the Royal, sure would appreciate a first hand word on if it is or is not offered onboard.

Thanks!

Paul or Pia, I think you both have sailed quite a bit recently on the smaller ships. Did they offer dry cleaning on any of them?

The reason I am so confused about this is that last fall they did not offer any form of drycleaning on the Pacific, but Princess is saying that they do offer it onboard...............so, just trying to get a straight answer as we all know that calling Princess sometimes gives you the correct info, other times not. ;)

Toto,

We were on the Ocean Princess in May/June and there was NO dry cleaning.

Thanks Paul, that is exactly what I thought (as it wasn't offered last fall on the Pacific either). But wanted to check with others that have sailed recently.

I wish someone would respond that has sailed on the Royal this summer, as this has me totally puzzled. All I can figure is that the CSR's are again reading from their generic list for the larger ships.

I know laundry AND dry cleaning are listed as perks for full suites on the Royal, but I am really doubting that the Royal offers dry cleaning and not the other small ships like the Pacific or Ocean. I could very well be wrong here (it sure wouldn't be the first time lol), but just trying to find out for sure if it is offered on the Royal or not.

Thanks again Paul!

Thanks Paul, that is exactly what I thought (as it wasn't offered last fall on the Pacific either). But wanted to check with others that have sailed recently.

I wish someone would respond that has sailed on the Royal this summer, as this has me totally puzzled. All I can figure is that the CSR's are again reading from their generic list for the larger ships.

I know laundry AND dry cleaning are listed as perks for full suites on the Royal, but I am really doubting that the Royal offers dry cleaning and not the other small ships like the Pacific or Ocean. I could very well be wrong here (it sure wouldn't be the first time lol), but just trying to find out for sure if it is offered on the Royal or not.

Thanks again Paul!

I thought that none of the three little girls had dry cleaning. I wish they did. I need to get my tux cleaned and, God forbid, I will have to pay $8 or so instead of getting the Elite free dry clean.

Thank you GarySuzy for your first hand report!

I thought that none of the three little girls had dry cleaning.

Paul, I know the Pacific and the Ocean do not offer it (I have sailed on both of those in the past), and I have always been told onboard these smaller ships that none of the smaller ships offer dry cleaning in any form. But I was being so insistant that I was beginning to question this, as we have not sailed on the Royal as of yet, so wanted to be 100% positive before going any further. We have even had some come from other Tahiti roll calls telling us they called Princess and were told there is dry cleaning offered onboard the Royal. That is when I decided to come to the main board to see if anyone had any first hand knowledge whether it did or did not.

One of the problems here is that dry cleaning is listed for the full suites as one of the perks on the Royal. Also, I couldn't find anything with the search engine on the princess website saying it is not offered (if I am not mistaken, it used to say this somewhere there but I think they removed it when they revamped the listed perks). There used to be a disclaimer that dry cleaning was not offered on the smaller ships, and their names, but now it's gone.

I just don't want all these passengers on the roll calls to go expecting to get their dresses, suits, tux and other clothes dry cleaned and then board to find out they do not offer it. It can make for a kind of nasty scene at the Puser's deck if they were told they had it, and they need it, and it's not available. ;)

Toto...

just throwing this idea out...

how about you go to the next roll call that will be sailing on the Royal Princess..and asking someone to investigate this for you?

It would take less than 5 minutes out of their day.

K.

Great idea, I may just do that. Just to be absolutely sure. Although I have no doubt it isn't offered, it would be nice to get a couple of first hand reports from those about to sail. I normally don't go to other roll calls but I think I may make an exception in this case. :) Thanks!

Hi, I just want to make sure I understand. You are talking about dry cleaning only, right. Which would mean that the Royal offers free laundry to Elites. We are on the Royal in November and we use the Elite laundry service quite often. I would need to adjust how I pack if there is no free laundry at all. Thanks

Hi, I just want to make sure I understand. You are talking about dry cleaning only, right. Which would mean that the Royal offers free laundry to Elites. We are on the Royal in November and we use the Elite laundry service quite often. I would need to adjust how I pack if there is no free laundry at all. Thanks

Yes, there is laundry on the Royal and complimentary laundry for Elites, it is the dry cleaning process that is being disputed.

Archived