Chankanaab lately?

kaeffe

I actually found some cards online that tell about a person's gluten-free food needs in different languages. If I give the Spanish one to the head of the eatery at Chankanaab I should be able to determine which foods will be safe for her to eat.

DD is so excited about this trip. We're hoping by then all the storm conditions will be settled down.

Sorry to butt in on the post, it's also been a few years since I've been to Chankanaab (also prior to the hurricanes). We swam with the dolphins last time but then had other plans for the remainder of the day so we didn't stay afterwards. We're considering a revisit on our next cruise... what else is there to do at Chankanaab other than swimming and snorkeling? I ask because I have a few in my group who don't care to swim much.

Is there a charge for the sea lion show?

http://www.cozumelparks.org.mx/

Could someone tell me if you can just take a taxi to the park, pay the entrance fee, and snorkel from shore? Or must I reserve something in advance?

Unless you want to swim with either the dolphins, sea lions or manatees, you don't need to make reservations. If you do want to swim with them, although some have said they do fine with walk-up reservations, I recommend prior reservations you can make online.

Hi,

You can, Just was there last week, Taxi 10.00 and park 19 , we couldn't get in the water though as a storm came through and the water was crashing up over the wall, spent a lovely day there. The lagoon behind is beautiful.

We are considering Chankanaab Park when there for thankgiving, but wife is worried about taking taxi as opposed to the cruise excursion.

Are taxi's pretty available when time to return to ship?

Yes, we have always (several times, I think) just taken a cab each way. BTW there may be a discount coupon for the entry fee on line, but I don't have the website handy.

My question is whether anyone has been to Chankanaab with MANY (5-6) ships in port. We would like chairs and need some shade and are concerned we may not find that with so many ships in port. I'm hoping most of them will go to the free beaches, but there will be a LOT of people there at the same time. Any thoughts? Thanks.

I went to Chankenaab 2 weeks ago for the 2nd time. Two years ago we went with Carnival and did the dolphin swim, but didn't have enough time relaxing on the beach afterward. This time we took a taxi ($10) and spent the day. I did the manatee swim this time and the fee was $59 which included the entrance and the sea lion show. Snorkel equipment is not included in the fee, but if you bring your own equipment you don't have to pay any additional. The manatee swim was amazing - much better than I expected. Part of the time we were free to swim with the 2 manatees and feed them lettuce which was a lot of fun.

After the swim we relaxed under one of the thatched umbrellas. There were 4 ships in port, but not many people at the park. Someone from the restaurant brought us a menu and we ordered right there. He then brought the food to us. Very relaxing.

manatee.jpg.620f3193f27053ab176dbb21c843e5d3.jpg

1398336032_chankenaab1.jpg.44a4276aca0fb34438965bfbd20af0cd.jpg

2128023835_chankenaab2.jpg.f30b29653799ecfa75905343338c4359.jpg

1449437881_manatee2.jpg.9c35545b0a21a583c540288774baa5df.jpg

2113810236_manatee3.jpg.95e1e95497511ea5b497ae124de8aa75.jpg

last time we were there, admission included; entry fee, lounges(first come first gets :)), palapas for shade, snorkeling ( fee for gear rental), restrooms and showers, lots of trails to walk. There are restaurants, snorkel rental booths, vensor booths. Wait service will come to you and take your orders, bring you food and drinks. We're going back for the third time in December.

I was there last week as well. I came in on the EPIC, the Oasis of the Seas was in town, A rccl ship and a carnival ship and i "think" the NCL Dawn.

The weather wasn't great but i wanted to say that there was hardly anyone there. I really liked the park and was glad i went despite the weather.

They require everyone who goes in the water to wear a vest and they dont charge for it. But you must leave your keycard.

I was also able to get a free locker.

I got a free snorkeling tour and since i am not a very good swimmer, the guide took me by the arm the whole time. Plus the water was a bit choppy that day.

After the rain, the water calmed down and i went in on my own. You can see the fish just by looking into the water from the stairs.

There was a taxi waiting when i was ready to leave.

i wouldnt mind going back again.

I used the $2 coupon.

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/images/specials/ChankanaabCoupon.pdf

I was there last week as well. I came in on the EPIC, the Oasis of the Seas was in town, A rccl ship and a carnival ship and i "think" the NCL Dawn.

The weather wasn't great but i wanted to say that there was hardly anyone there. I really liked the park and was glad i went despite the weather.

They require everyone who goes in the water to wear a vest and they dont charge for it. But you must leave your keycard.

I was also able to get a free locker.

I got a free snorkeling tour and since i am not a very good swimmer, the guide took me by the arm the whole time. Plus the water was a bit choppy that day.

After the rain, the water calmed down and i went in on my own. You can see the fish just by looking into the water from the stairs.

There was a taxi waiting when i was ready to leave.

i wouldnt mind going back again.

I used the $2 coupon.

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/images/specials/ChankanaabCoupon.pdf

Out of curiosity, did you print the coupon in color or black/white? My color printer is giving me problems but I also have a blk/white one. Trying to figure out if I need to find one in color to print.

last time we were there, admission included; entry fee, lounges(first come first gets :)), palapas for shade, snorkeling ( fee for gear rental), restrooms and showers, lots of trails to walk. There are restaurants, snorkel rental booths, vensor booths. Wait service will come to you and take your orders, bring you food and drinks. We're going back for the third time in December.

Isn't there a swimming pool there? Is that included?

We were just there on Saturday. Yes, there is a beautiful pool there. It is between the snorkel area and the dolphins.

We paid $34 pp entry and used the $2 coupon. Dolphin swims started at $79 and up from there.

We had a wonderful lunch at their restaurant. They serve tacos, other Mexican dishes, cerveche, a wonderful chicken soup, hamburgers, sea food dishes with shrip and fish and other good things.

Drinks were lots of beer, wine, soft drinks, canned ice tea etc.

Water is $3 per large bottle.

If anyone has questions, I will try to answer.

We went snorkeling and the fish are right as you go into the water.

We were just there on Saturday. Yes, there is a beautiful pool there. It is between the snorkel area and the dolphins.

We paid $24 pp entry and used the $2 coupon. Dolphin swims started at $79 and up from there.

We had a wonderful lunch at their restaurant. They serve tacos, other Mexican dishes, ceveche, a wonderful chicken soup, hamburgers, sea food dishes with shrip and fish and other good things.

We had a great time and would go again in March when we will sail Western again!

There are many small and large coral formations at each entry point and I wore water shoes due to them. Once you are futher out in deep water, that is not a problem. They also gave me better traction on the entry stairways.

We paid $34 pp entry and used the $2 coupon. Dolphin swims started at $79 and up from there.

We had a wonderful lunch at their restaurant. They serve tacos, other Mexican dishes, cerveche, a wonderful chicken soup, hamburgers, sea food dishes with shrip and fish and other good things.

The park fee is $19/pp. Was the extra for use of the pool or something else? Thanks.

Archived