Is Key West being dropped??

got2gocruzn

Tim - Key West is the one place I'd say don't do an excursion. It's a walking town or you can take the conch train or HOHO trolley to get around.

We'll be back there next month and I wish our ship would be in port at dusk/sundown! I'd love to be there for that. :cool:

We plan to do lots of walking around and no formal excursion. Plan is to hit the Hemingway House then Duval. Maybe a bar or two, some shops, see the houses and the sights. I have a friend who used to live in Key West and she has given me some ideas of restaurants and such but says to not plan anything and just wander and take in the atmoshphere.

We visited Key West on our Cruise this past April. Key West is a great port and a perfect place to visit for the day. I think it would be a big mistake to drop it as a stop. From what I could tell the 'Conchs' were quite happy with the $$ the Ship brings to their Island.

I too, always enjoy a stop at Key West. I HATE to drive down there, but a cruise is the absolute best way to visit that GREAT town. Super entertainment, food, and just a fun spot. I can't imagine that Carnival would drop them from the list.

"SKY"

do you know about the Key West express out of Ft Myers? Cuts the drive time back.

love key west. a little piece of the caribbean in the US.

do you know about the Key West express out of Ft Myers? Cuts the drive time back.

love key west. a little piece of the caribbean in the US.

My boss LOVES the KW express. He's used it 5 or 6 times. He said it was worth every penny.

Key West is a great stop but the biggest bummer is that most ships come early & leave early. My last visit we docked a 9am & left at 2pm on a Sunday. Nothing was really going on and many stores/Restaurants/Bars were closed. About the time things started to wake up we, had to leave.

We did a stop on the Rhapsody a while back and it stayed till 11pm. The place is crazy at night on of the best stops ever....

Archived