Is Key West being dropped??

got2gocruzn

Key West is THE reason my wife agreed to go on the Fantasy in December. She loved that town and wants to go back. :)

If she starts reading those Tom Corcoran books she may change her mind. :D But she should at least read Lizard Licks by Judy Bradford. Hilarious. And she'll giggle her way around KW the next time she's there.

If she starts reading those Tom Corcoran books she may change her mind. :D But she should at least read Lizard Licks by Judy Bradford. Hilarious. And she'll giggle her way around KW the next time she's there.

HUH?:confused:.....educate me:)

I would hope not. I was only there once on my Celebrity cruise, and really enjoyed Key West. I felt safe to walk around on my own, and I would love to go back there again, so for me a cruise would be the only way to get there.:)

Wouldn't Carnival just pass the higher port taxes along the the customer? I believe they have the right to do that. They could just up the amount due at final payment by the tax increase.

I don't think higher taxes would be a valid reason to drop a port. Look at Alaska - they put a $50 a head tax on cruisers and people still flock there on cruise ships. It's a free market and the tax man wants to participate!

I too, always enjoy a stop at Key West. I HATE to drive down there, but a cruise is the absolute best way to visit that GREAT town. Super entertainment, food, and just a fun spot. I can't imagine that Carnival would drop them from the list.

"SKY"

I have friends going on the Destiny Nov. 11th and Key West was dropped because the port is closed for boat races that weekend. Carnival doesn't appear to be dropping it any other time.

I too doubt that higher port taxes would cause a change in itinerary. However, if dengue fever gets worse there, Carnival could drop KW due to health & safety issues.

I too doubt that higher port taxes would cause a change in itinerary. However, if dengue fever gets worse there, Carnival could drop KW due to health & safety issues.

Oh, puhleeze!:rolleyes: Living here I can tell you the threat is exaggerated. The particular mosquito bites at dusk & dawn - not cruise ship times in port. And...they just had their first case in Broward, - a different strain than the KW one, so they didn't get it in Key West - do you think they'll close the port?:eek: Dengue is here, it's just making it's way up the coasts and will probably be found in other port cities soon, like Galveston, NOLA, Miami, etc. BTW, most ppl who have tested positive for it never felt sick and only were found positive when the CDC did the bloodwork. The symptoms weren't enough to send them to the doctor.

Key West is THE reason my wife agreed to go on the Fantasy in December. She loved that town and wants to go back. :)

I also agreed to go on a cruise because of the Key West port! My first vacay to Key West was cancelled due to Hurricane Katrina - hung out in Ft. Lauderdale and Miami instead. We had not made the attempt to go to Key West again and now we're going on a cruise!!! I will be PISSED if this port gets changed or cancelled for any reason - and yes I know they have the right to do that.....

I have friends going on the Destiny Nov. 11th and Key West was dropped because the port is closed for boat races that weekend. Carnival doesn't appear to be dropping it any other time.

Uh-oh. We are leaving on the Fascination Nov. 8th and supposed to be in Key West on the 11th. Hopefully it's just the weekend and doesn't affect our cruise - we really wanted to see Key West!

Oh, puhleeze!:rolleyes: Living here I can tell you the threat is exaggerated. The particular mosquito bites at dusk & dawn - not cruise ship times in port. And...they just had their first case in Broward, - a different strain than the KW one, so they didn't get it in Key West - do you think they'll close the port?:eek: Dengue is here, it's just making it's way up the coasts and will probably be found in other port cities soon, like Galveston, NOLA, Miami, etc. BTW, most ppl who have tested positive for it never felt sick and only were found positive when the CDC did the bloodwork. The symptoms weren't enough to send them to the doctor.

I'm not really too worried about the Dengue thing, but our ship is in port at dusk - we are supposed to be there noon - 10pm in November.

I have no official clue, but I do know first hand that Carnival drops ports and changes itinerary, whether people have booked cruises going there or not. I don't see how it being listed as a port would really mean a whole heck of a lot.

you have a very good point. just because everyone is booked don't make a hoot. we were notified via email of a itinerary change before it even showed up online.

please don't let it be true cause we are going back there in april 2011. one of our favorite place's.

Yes, we were booked on Glory out of Pt. Canaveral doing one itinerary, then when Dream got assigned there, the Glory was moved to Miami and was doing an altered itinerary from the one I originally booked. It ended up being no big deal, but they obviously didn't care that they had the ship partially filled at the time.

Archived