Pier 91 Seattle - Porters and Drop Offs

PirateShark

A thanks to all who will respond to this question ahead of time:

We are being dropped off at the pier by our shuttle driver. I have read that there is a "hike" of some distance to the terminal/check in/luggage drop from the shuttle drop off. If someone can tell me approximate distance from drop off at the curb to where I let go of our bags to the porters (if any!), it would be very helpful for all in our group. General is good: half a city block, 100 feet, whatever - I'm not picky.

Thinking I may need one of those collapsing luggage carrying things and bungee cords to get from curb to luggage drop off.

Again, I appreciate you guys and the info you share.

Just did this last month....

The shuttle drop-off area is perpendicular (sp?) to the terminal entrance so you could be as close as 10 feet to the entrance and as far as 200 feet from the entrance, it depends on traffic at that time, the driving skills of your driver and 'luck'. There were porters available, but they looked overwhelmed when we were there - we took our bags inside the terminal in two batches and then consolidated them (thank goodness for the 'leashes' that can connect rolly-type bags together) to get to the bag drop-off area.

Once inside the terminal, you'll proceed straight ahead on the same ground level to drop off your bags - maybe 100 feet or so, then you'll double-back to the entrance lobby where you'll take an escalator/elevator to the second floor where you'll check in and the go through security, get your first photo taken and then board the ship.

Hope this helps.

Sounds like the old real estate adage: Location, location, location...

Because I'm such a worry wart, it may not hurt to strap a few things that don't roll onto one of those collapsable hand cart type things. Since I'm driving to the PNW before hand and then catching the shuttle, I can bring that along.

Appreciate the feed back!

I have done this twice recently. Once I was being dropped off and the other time I dropped off my luggage and took my car to park it.

BOTH times it was extremely easy. There were pleasant porters to take my bags and I was all set in no time. I tend to arrive early....so there weren't even very many customers for them. I never saw my bags again until they were delivered to my cabin. VERY slick procedure.

Whenever I hear of "we heard, etc", I always ask them to ask the source directly. My definition of "a hike" is at least a couple blocks...and it is NOT a couple of blocks.

Write the person who wrote this....is this the same type of person that says he/she will be back in a couple of seconds and it means 15 minutes :) ?

Whatever floats yer boat Gunther1....for someone who just had knee surgery (my DH) a "hike" may be relative and I'd like to plan accordingly for his comfort :rolleyes: He's not immobile but the doctor doesn't want him hauling a bunch of crap either. Which is why I asked about porters and relative distance.

Is that better for clarification sake?

Archived