Mercury Sky Suite Questions

JEDIKNIGHT

Hello Everyone....

*On the Mercury, the Sky Suite has categories S1 and S2. What is the difference between S1 and S2?

*Is there still Butler Service in Sky Suites Mercury?

*Most Sky's have 179 sqFt balconies, SOME have 69. How do you know which ones have the bigger balcony?

Thanks!

Hi Jedi

The large balconies are on the Sky Deck and they are great. You do have butler service. I would imagine the difference between S1 and S2 is location. Last Dec when I sailed in one there wasn't a difference. But, it would seem to me the larger balconies on Sky Deck would be the S1's.

The S1 sky suites are on the Sky Deck (Deck 12) and those are the suites with the bigger balconies.

The S2 sky suites are on the Penthouse Deck (Deck 10) and they have smaller balconies.

Both enjoy butler service.

Go with Deck 12 -- those balconies are great!!!!

Hi Janice, We finally decided to book a suite on our Mercury cruise. ( the price was right.) Have one of the large balconies on 12. We were pleasantly surprised to recieve a call from a Celebrity rep today to see if we had any questions or special requests that she could help us with. She said this was a courtesy since we had booked a suite. Nice touch. I know you are used to this but it is a new experience for us.

Hi Peg,

You and Bob will absolutely LOVE the sky suite on Deck 12. FWIW, I've NEVER received a phone call from a Celebrity rep to see if I had any questions/special requests....not even when I book the PH.....so if I ever get a call it will be a new experience for me too!!

Hi Peg,

You and Bob will absolutely LOVE the sky suite on Deck 12. FWIW, I've NEVER received a phone call from a Celebrity rep to see if I had any questions/special requests....not even when I book the PH.....so if I ever get a call it will be a new experience for me too!!

Oddly enough I got a call today too -- booked on a sky suite for Summit Bermuda cruise in September and CC's Elite, so who knows!!??

Jeff

Is there anything above the deck 12 Sky Suites?

Yes, Deck 13. Its an 'open deck' where people stand usually when entering and leaving port or just observing the sea.

Look at a deck plan of Mercury to determine which have the largest balconies. I had 1203 on Galaxy and its balcony was more like a giant patio, it was HUGE. The deck plans are pretty accurate in these cases showing size and angle of deck cut off comparison with other Deck 12 SkySuites.

http://media.shipspotting.com/uploads/photos/rw/475069/Ship+Photo+Celebrity+Mercury.jpg

http://www.shipspotting.com/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=896010

Yes, Deck 13. Its an 'open deck' where people stand usually when entering and leaving port or just observing the sea.

Look at a deck plan of Mercury to determine which have the largest balconies. I had 1203 on Galaxy and its balcony was more like a giant patio, it was HUGE. The deck plans are pretty accurate in these cases showing size and angle of deck cut off comparison with other Deck 12 SkySuites.

http://media.shipspotting.com/uploads/photos/rw/475069/Ship+Photo+Celebrity+Mercury.jpg

http://www.shipspotting.com/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=896010

Yes, those huge sky suite balconies were the same size as our outside room :eek: and we had four people in our room.. Those balconies are awesome :cool:

Archived