Hilton Ft Lauderdale to Sawmill Outlet?

My daughter and her new husband (Honeymooners) are staying at the Hilton Marina Hotel. They (or she) wants to going shopping at this huge outlet Mall, I think it's called Sawmill Outlet? They are not old enough to rent a car (their under 25). How much would a cab cost? How far is this mall from their Hotel? :confused:

My daughter and her new husband (Honeymooners) are staying at the Hilton Marina Hotel. They (or she) wants to going shopping at this huge outlet Mall, I think it's called Sawmill Outlet? They are not old enough to rent a car (their under 25). How much would a cab cost? How far is this mall from their Hotel? :confused:

It's going to cost them $70 at least. We made that mistake last year. Although the Sawmill Mall is huge I would not waste that kind of money again.

First of all, the mall is called SAWGRASS MILLS. Have you made any inquires about shuttle service from the hotel to Sawgrass? The Crowne Plaza Hotel does have shuttle service and so does the Hyatt Regency Bonaventure, so maybe the Hilton Marina does also. Check it out. It wouldn't hurt to ask. :rolleyes:

We are staying at this same hotel in a few weeks. I know it's on the water taxi line, they pick up right at the hotel. Maybe you can call and see if the water taxi drops off anywhere near this mall. I know you can get an all day pass on the water taxi for $15 pp. Just a thought.

The Hilton Marina is right next to the 17th St Causeway. We stayed their once when it was an Marriott.

Sawgrass Mills is about 14 miles directly west. The only transportation between the two points would be by land. Either taxi or some type of shuttle.

If the point is to burn some time pre or post cruise. I would recommend taking the water taxi to Los Olas, do some shopping (window or otherwise) and have a meal there.

While Sawgrass Mills has a nice selection of stores, I would be hard pressed to recommend going to it by taxi if someone is on a budget.

First of all, the mall is called SAWGRASS MILLS. Have you made any inquires about shuttle service from the hotel to Sawgrass? The Crowne Plaza Hotel does have shuttle service and so does the Hyatt Regency Bonaventure, so maybe the Hilton Marina does also. Check it out. It wouldn't hurt to ask. :rolleyes:

And if your hotel doesn't have the shuttle service, swap your reservation for someplace that does. When we stayed at the Hilton in Pentagon City, they ran us to the Metro Stop probably 20 times over the three days we were there. Most hotels don't mind. But if you get one that does, well, that's what competition is all about. If they lose enough bookings because of that, they'll change.

Update: The kids took a car service $50.00 one way. They spent the whole day, and loved every minute of it:p. They bought $1200.00 worth of clothes and shoes......which would have cost them about 4000.00 here in Canada plus our 15% sales tax on everything:eek:. They are leaving their old shoes and clothes to the people in Haiti, so the don't have to pay baggage fees. Thanks for all your replies!!!

Archived