Cost of Hair Styling in Spa

Lvtocruize2

We are leaving next week on the Voyager to the Baltics. If I wanted to treat myself to a hair wash, dry and styling, does anyone know how much Canyon Spa would charge for this service? Does one have to book in advance and if so, how long?

Thanks

Patty

We are leaving next week on the Voyager to the Baltics. If I wanted to treat myself to a hair wash, dry and styling, does anyone know how much Canyon Spa would charge for this service? Does one have to book in advance and if so, how long?

Thanks

Patty

A recent copy of the Menu of Services for the spa can be downloaded here: http://www.4shared.com/document/JrOmG5-v/REGENT_Menu_of_services_FINAL.html

It should give you a pretty good idea of what to expect.

If you want to book in advance (not required) this is the information on how to do that:

Screenshot2010-06-25at123828PM.png

...and remember, gratuities are already included in the prices. You may add to it if you like, but several of us 'double tipped' on our May cruise. :eek:

I did have a few salon services and they were ok - not excellent. My hair color touch-up/cut/style was $227.25 (actually discounted 25% as that is their custom for first day services, and my 20% tip added).

Try to do it on day one! lol

In case you didn't feel like downloading the whole PDF (10/09) that colomom posted:

• Shampoo/Blow Dry or Roller Set

Short Hair $60

Medium-Length Hair 71

Long Hair 81

• Shampoo/Cut/Blow Dry

Short Hair 92

Medium-Length Hair 103

Long Hair 113

Bang Trim/Fringe Trim 18

Men’s Haircut 39

Moustache/Beard Trim 18

• Updo/Upstyle

Medium-Length Hair 81

Long Hair 92

Comb-Out 50

Thanks for all your kind replies but I think i'll just bite the bullet and do my own. The problem is finding the time on this port extensive cruise and it's a chore because my hair is sooooo straight and I have to use velcro rollers to get some curl....Oh well, this is the least of my worries.....now I need to pack:p

Yikes! No way for me! I would be unlikely to trust someone to cut my hair on a cruise anyways unless I was on a world cruise or something where I had no choice....

LOL It is pretty daunting, also because the listed price is just an estimate, based on my experience. But honestly cruising is when I do take the time to attend to my hair -- it's basically neglected (wash-n-wear)! AND I (luckily, maybe) have had wonderful results w/ Carita & Steiner over the years - not sure I would do it again w/ Canyon...?

Thanks for all your kind replies but I think i'll just bite the bullet and do my own. The problem is finding the time on this port extensive cruise and it's a chore because my hair is sooooo straight and I have to use velcro rollers to get some curl....Oh well, this is the least of my worries.....now I need to pack:p

I know what you mean, but the first day after lunch & before dinner is a perfect time for me - and about the only time before the 'running' begins!

... But honestly cruising is when I do take the time to attend to my hair -- it's basically neglected (wash-n-wear)! AND I (luckily, maybe) have had wonderful results w/ Carita & Steiner over the years - not sure I would do it again w/ Canyon...?

That's great, I just don't have the courage to let a stranger cut my hair. It's always a trauma to try a new hair stylist. And even my current one doesn't blow dry my hair the way I like it. So, cut and wash n' wear for me I guess. My "updo" is to use a clip to pin my hair up, and a couple of bobby pins!

As for timing, I sometimes get a pedicure first thing, especially in winter. To make it worth it, it has to be early in the trip, or halfway thru a longer trip.

Lvtocruise2, since you will likely be bringing those velcro curlers anyway, I wouldn't bother with paying the price for a hairstyling. But if you are looking for a way to spend those on-board credits we all get that you use or lose, and you are taking all free excursions, I recommend a massage, or something else you can't do for yourself!

Archived