Airfares to Barcelona

ranchette

When is the best time to book an airfare to barcelona from JFK for Sept.2011? What airline do you suggest?

Hi..this is Terry on the Magic with you. We booked in Feb. for this September JFK to BCN for $708. Kept watching from the earliest day you could book. This was a slight dip in Feb., so we hopped on it. We can start keeping watch( I believe it's 330 days out ) and alert eachother on the roll call.:) I even tried the

midnight -2AM Tues_ Wed time frame, but never hit the really low fares.

Take care... Terry:D

Hi..this is Terry on the Magic with you. We booked in Feb. for this September JFK to BCN for $708. Kept watching from the earliest day you could book. This was a slight dip in Feb., so we hopped on it. We can start keeping watch( I believe it's 330 days out ) and alert eachother on the roll call.:) I even tried the

midnight -2AM Tues_ Wed time frame, but never hit the really low fares.

Take care... Terry:D

Hi Terry,

That was a great fare. What airline was it? Was it non stop?

Jill

I agree that you should start looking in Jan./Feb. You cannot use this year's fares to accurately predict next year.

LAST year I got a fare of only $515 from Ca. to Barcelona through JFK. THIS year my "sale fare" is $960 for the same route!!!

Both American and Delta have non stops from JFK to BCN.

Hi Terry,

That was a great fare. What airline was it? Was it non stop?

Jill

Hi Jill,

It's Delta....round trip non -stop.

I agree that you should start looking in Jan./Feb. You cannot use this year's fares to accurately predict next year.

LAST year I got a fare of only $515 from Ca. to Barcelona through JFK. THIS year my "sale fare" is $960 for the same route!!!

Both American and Delta have non stops from JFK to BCN.

Still not too bad considering the fares have been $900+ from JFK the past few months.

Terry

I would look as soon as airfares are available to start to get a sense of what the prices will be. In fact, look at prices for September of 2010. Once you get a price that you are happy with I would book it.

A couple of related suggetions.

Do not fly in the day of the cruise. Try to arrive one or more days before. The benefit is you get over the jet lag, you see the city prior to the cruise and you do not miss the start of the cruise should your flight be delayed or cancelled. Also when the cruise ends if you fly home that day allow a lot of time to get to the airport. Too often we read about people booking too early a fligth.

Keith

We too are also looking at flying to Barcelona in Sept/11. We would be flying out of Toronto and wondering based on others experiences is it cheaper to fly Toronto to Barcelona and then Venice to Toronto at the end or do a return flight Toronto to Venice and pay for 1 connecting flight from Venice to Barcelona at the beginnging ?

Dave

I would look as soon as airfares are available to start to get a sense of what the prices will be. In fact, look at prices for September of 2010. Once you get a price that you are happy with I would book it.

A couple of related suggetions.

Do not fly in the day of the cruise. Try to arrive one or more days before. The benefit is you get over the jet lag, you see the city prior to the cruise and you do not miss the start of the cruise should your flight be delayed or cancelled. Also when the cruise ends if you fly home that day allow a lot of time to get to the airport. Too often we read about people booking too early a fligth.

Keith

Thanks for your advice. we do plan to arrive two days before the cruise.I have been checking out the fares for this Sept. and they are very high.

Jill

Just when I thought I knew what I was doing for our Med cruise May 2011, Air Europa has stopped Monday departures from Barcelona to Miami. So I am back to square one. So the big questions are with the new schedule of the ship arriving back into Barcelona at 5 am do we aim for the 11:15 am departure, or do we stay overnight and depart next day? Are we better off changing planes in Madrid or Philadelphia? Is there really any difference in airline service and quality between US Air Air Europa, American, and Delta when you're flying coach? Do we just go with the least expensive flight and pray???? :-0

Just when I thought I knew what I was doing for our Med cruise May 2011, Air Europa has stopped Monday departures from Barcelona to Miami. So I am back to square one. So the big questions are with the new schedule of the ship arriving back into Barcelona at 5 am do we aim for the 11:15 am departure, or do we stay overnight and depart next day? Are we better off changing planes in Madrid or Philadelphia? Is there really any difference in airline service and quality between US Air Air Europa, American, and Delta when you're flying coach? Do we just go with the least expensive flight and pray???? :-0

Look at airlinequality.com for reviews on the airlines. I am afraid that the four that you mention are all loosers !!! Good luck, it has become a nightmare to take a plane anywhere.

Peter

D&N, You'll have to price it both ways to see. You can do a multi city flight by clicking on that option on any airline site. That way you fly into Barcelona and out of Venice.

Most times the price is not higher for that but it really depends on supply and demand so it might be OK this year and too expensive next year.

Archived