This has been asked before but, please help!?!

I personally would absolutely keep the porthole on main. The natural light is worth more to me than being up high. We often book insides cuz we're cheap:D but if I find a great deal it's an outside or balcony for sure. Plus the portholes are such a great deal. Had three porthole cabins on Riviera deck last cruise and we all loved them. It never takes that long to get where you want to go anyway.

I also say keep your port hole room! I have had one of those inside rooms on an upper deck, and well....it was still an inside room. Being close to the buffet and pool and sun decks was not that much of an incentive for me. So I would rather be able to have some natural light in my room. And I also happen to like the Main and Riviera decks.:)

We always book on the Lido deck so we can walk straight to the pool or buffet without having to wait on elevators. When we are by the pool having a few beverages I would rather walk to my bathroom than use the pulblic banos.

Our first cruise was in an inside cabin on Empress deck of the Elation. We were close to everything, but I found myself grumpy and sad in that room. No natural light in there and coming from the midwest in the middle of winter where there is little sunlight anyway, WE NEEDED THE NATURAL LIGHT!!!

It was a good experience, now I know, I will NEVER book an inside cabin again. For some people, it is no big deal to have natural light because they are out and about so much, but for me, it is. :D

ENJOY your porthole!

I had a porthole on the Valor (one of the L shaped rooms) on the Main Deck. I loved it! It was nice having natural light in the room & I didn't feel I was too far from anything. Very easily took the stairs up & down (except Elegant Night when I was wearing heels) :) Enjoy!

Which would you pick??? I currently have booked a porthole cabin on main deck for the Valor. They now show an inside cabin on the Lido for the same price. Should I stick with the lower floor with natual light or move up to be closer to everything?

Help please....

When is your cruise? Hope you come back and post how you liked the PT cabin. We're looking at one on Glory for spring break...

When is your cruise? Hope you come back and post how you liked the PT cabin. We're looking at one on Glory for spring break...

My cruise is this Sunday 8/29...will let you know when I return. I've had a porthole on the Fantasy and I loved it but, I was on the Empress deck. The only thing I am worried about is how low we are.

DryCreek, would a porthole cabin be considered an upgrade from an inside cabin?

If you are referring to a 1A cabin (some of which have portholes) they are cheaper/lower than an inside (which is part of the fun - getting a 'window' for less than the cost of an inside cabin)!!

I have never found a window view that I enjoyed....

if on a lower deck, the sea spray keeps them so dingy

you can not even see out of them.

I prefer the inside and stay on Lido or close...

I prefer the location of a room where I can get anywhere I want

to on the ship, and especially the buffet, pools, and other amenities.

You have a nice "fake" window in the inside...and I can see out of it

just as well as I can any of the windows I have had.

I also vote for sticking with the porthole. On our first cruise on the Imagination we had an inside cabin and I hated that you could never tell what time of day it was or what the weather was like unless you walked up a few flights of stairs!

On our second cruise on the Fantasy we got a great deal on a porthole cabin and loved it. I like that there is a recess so you get a window sill that you can put things on or even sit in like it's a window seat!

On our third cruise on the Destiny we got a great deal on an outside cabin because it was on the front of the ship and a different layout.

On our fourth cruise on the Imagination we booked a porthole cabin for less than an inside room.

And sticking with tradition, we have booked a porthole cabin on the Inspiration in January. Now that they have "reclassed" the porthole cabins, they were offering them for cheaper than the inside rooms! I don't understand this, but I love it! We aren't in our room enough for it to matter if we have two portholes vs. one big window, but I definitely need light to wake up in the morning! And it's nice to know if it's sunny/cloudy/raining before you head up to an outside deck so you know how to dress!

Okay - views may be a bit 'obscured' but I have been EXTREMELY HAPPY with the windows/portholes I have had - makes a huge difference to me having the natural light and being albe to see outside! (and yes despite some ocean spray still pretty good!)

Liberty - 1A 2462

2981918170059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

View of St. Thomas from same window:

2447874750059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

Same cabin on the Triumph:

2509559080059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

...and the view rom that window:

2166627780059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

...and my porthole 1A on the Valor:

2369087140059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

Porthole view of Roatan:

2159470490059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

....I would personally always choose a porthole if possible (and would not cruise in an inside cuz I know I don't do well without any natural light!)

not even a contest.... knowing whether it is night or day and having that lovely light is waaaaaaay better than inside up higher.

as long as there are elevators, you are never far from anything.... i have a motto..."i don't go on vacation to live worse than i do at home"....

i don't sleep in the closet at home, and i sure as heck don't want to do it on a cruise ship!

Archived