Cruise A Ship Before Drydock?

Have you ever cruised on a ship a month before drydock? Did it affect your enjoyment of the cruise? Are the crew neglecting the ship by that point because it is going to have an overhaul?

Maybe the week before you might notice some things getting ready for the dry dock planning but 4 weeks before, You won't notice a thing.

Enjoy your cruise.

Jimbo:)

We were on a cruise straight out of drydock, and there a few hiccups...

I'm sure you won't have a problem a whole month before drydock.... maybe just the cruise directly before, when they're starting to pack up.

I'm sure you'll have a great cruise!!! :)

I sailed the Constellation right before she was "Solsticed". I loved to see one my favorite ships for the last time as they were built. Yes there were preparations for dry dock-but very minor and the ship was kept well maintained and clean was usual on a X- cruise. It was kind of exiting to be the on last cruise before the ship totaly changed inside.

Some areas needed the dry dock more some less but again nothing to disturb my cruise. Well I am not a " look under every capret " kind of person at all.

Michael

We were on Enchantment the week prior to her drydock and "stretch", several years ago. There were extra crew and engineers tearing apart and cutting all sorts of things....however they worked in the cabin areas only during the daytime, and did their major work on port days. The ship was still being well-cared for and the crew still cleaned everything that could be cleaned, as usual. However, by the time a ship is scheduled for dry dock, as expected, the furnishings, carpet, etc have seen some heavy usage and are not new in appearance. The crew was as attentive as always, the food good, and the beers cold, so we had a great cruise....and I think you will too. :)

Archived