Princess Secrets they Don't Tell You

philsfun

Pablo 222, I believe that you are absolutely right. The first cruise we went on, I drank some water from the sink in the cabin. Honestly, it was horrible. It tasted like chlorine smells. The water in the Dining rooms, Horizon Cafe, etc must be filtered because that water tastes wonderful. A huge, huge difference then what you get in your cabin.

The ice-makers / water dispensers in the lido have taste filters.

The cabin sinks do not.

In my house, the city water tastes terrible, and reeks of chlorine.

It's fine once it's taste filtered, and dispensed through the fridge

door. Of course, it's "the same water"...

\Same water whether from the sink or dispenser. The water from the tap may taste different because it is not cold. Other than that it is the same - no extra filtration.

The ice-makers / water dispensers in the lido have taste filters.

The cabin sinks do not.

In my house, the city water tastes terrible, and reeks of chlorine.

It's fine once it's taste filtered, and dispensed through the fridge

door. Of course, it's "the same water"...

The water from the sink is filtered BEFORE it gets there.

The water from the sink is filtered BEFORE it gets there.

Very true - and - if you have a refrigerator that dispenses water it is not filtered unless you install an in line filter ahead of the refrigerator. The reason that the sink tap water tastes "different" is because it is not chilled as is the dispenser water.

Out of all of the useful information and tidbits on this thread, I love your comment the best: "Make a frustrating incident into a funny story to tell at home, so as things are going wrong just remember them and fashion them into a wonderful tale to share." Thanks for sharing! :)

It costs money to take it for the whole cruise, which I never do. You can also pay it by the day or 1/2 day. Since we only use it on sea days, or if we're in Princess Cays, we take it for the afternoon. It's $10 for 1/2 day or $20 a full day. The cost for the cruise is dependent on how many days.

Thermal suites they will also rent by the day (not half day). It's $20 for the day. They will tell you the first day you can only take it for the whole cruise, but when they don't fill up, they will take your money later on.

Ok, don't mean to sound uneducated but what are "Thermal Suites" and are they only in the Sactuary?

Ok, don't mean to sound uneducated but what are "Thermal Suites" and are they only in the Sactuary?

Not "uneducated". the boards are here to give you the scoop

The thermal suites are downstairs from the spa. It has hot stone loungers to lay on, rain showers, sauna's, etc. It costs a certain amount for the cruise, depending on how many days the cruise is. If they have space available, and they always seem to, they will sell you a day at the suites. I think it's $20 pp for the day. We did it once. (They will tell you they don't sell it for the day)

I assume that this runs on AC. Does your clock stay accurate when plugged in?

I'm not the OP for the clock, but we love ours & took it a couple months ago on the Golden to HI. It does run on AC w/battery backup. Ours is an atomic clock & sets itself. Which does not always correspond with ship time! :( So, on nights when the ship was changing by 1 hr, I would just remember to add that in the when I would wake during the night. It worked fine for us that way! While in port, the clocks always agreed! :D There's also a push-button feature on the phone that gives you the current time without calling anyone!

Not "uneducated". the boards are here to give you the scoop

The thermal suites are downstairs from the spa. It has hot stone loungers to lay on, rain showers, sauna's, etc. It costs a certain amount for the cruise, depending on how many days the cruise is. If they have space available, and they always seem to, they will sell you a day at the suites. I think it's $20 pp for the day. We did it once. (They will tell you they don't sell it for the day)

Can I ask another question on this - they don't do these like the Sanctuary chairs do they - as in assigning people a certain chair during the crusie? I think I read one too many things & confused myself. :p

We did the rainforest room on disney which sounds similar. On there we got a multi day pass & you could go whenever for however long you wanted to on those days. If there was a lounger available you could use it otherwise you were out of luck & had to sit on the tile benches. Is that pretty much how it works?

Can I ask another question on this - they don't do these like the Sanctuary chairs do they - as in assigning people a certain chair during the crusie? I think I read one too many things & confused myself. :p

We did the rainforest room on disney which sounds similar. On there we got a multi day pass & you could go whenever for however long you wanted to on those days. If there was a lounger available you could use it otherwise you were out of luck & had to sit on the tile benches. Is that pretty much how it works?

They do not assign you a stone lounger. They give you a bracelet to wear to identify you belong there. When you board the ship, you can tour the area and see if you like it

This is supposed to be a thread on secrets they dont tell you... If you want to complain about the water, there is a thread about that going on.. some of us know this is a touchy subject, so keep it in there and not in this one! :mad:

Just returned from the Emerald Princess and the special drink prices were from 4:00-7:00, $2.99 plus a 45 cent gratuity, for a Singapore Sling, Pina Colada or Long island Iced Tea, plus a few beers I think. They were pretty weak, but at that price that's what I expected.

sue

They do not assign you a stone lounger. They give you a bracelet to wear to identify you belong there. When you board the ship, you can tour the area and see if you like it

thank you! I'm glad you can tour it, I'd like my mom to be able to check them out

I'm not the OP for the clock, but we love ours & took it a couple months ago on the Golden to HI. It does run on AC w/battery backup. Ours is an atomic clock & sets itself. Which does not always correspond with ship time! :( So, on nights when the ship was changing by 1 hr, I would just remember to add that in the when I would wake during the night. It worked fine for us that way! While in port, the clocks always agreed! :D There's also a push-button feature on the phone that gives you the current time without calling anyone!

I will have to try a new one. My previous one kept losing time and I guess it was related to the "power" variations on the ship. Perhaps a newer model will work better.

Thanks.

On both the Sept 2010 and March 2011 cruises on the Emerald Princess, we had to bring the life jackets and were shown how to put them on and then had to put them on ourselves.

Ah..I was getting mixed up with cruise lines, Carnival no longer takes them and some people thought Princess would follow suit since they are a part of the same overall company. Time will tell...

We had them at 3 different bars and we didn't ask for the special. The first time I just asked if there was a time/place for the $2.99 drinks and was told which drinks they were and that it was all bars during those hours. After the first time we just ordered and the bill came with that price on it.

Caribbean Princess -- Rivera deck, forward

Any idea if there is any coverage of this balcony from deck 15 above? We were just upgraded from Baja deck to Rivera and can't seem to find any info on this.

Thanks.

MARAPRINCE

go check out

www. cruise deck dot com

Archived