Princess Secrets they Don't Tell You

philsfun

Just so you know I did not tell everyone this to get beat up. There would not be any purpose in telling my story if it were not true. When we request dinner in our room because we did not want to dress up, we did not know that we were requesting anything out of the ordinary. :mad:

I'm sure you didn't make it up, but I think things have changed on Princess since you had that wonderful experience. We used to be able to write on our breakfast request anything we wanted, omelets, eggs over easy, etc. and got it with no issue, it was wonderful. But, we haven't been able to do that for about 4-5 years now.

I'm sure you didn't make it up, but I think things have changed on Princess since you had that wonderful experience. We used to be able to write on our breakfast request anything we wanted, omelets, eggs over easy, etc. and got it with no issue, it was wonderful. But, we haven't been able to do that for about 4-5 years now.

I have done this within the year with no problem. Maybe it depends on the ship and staff at the time

Linda

Just returned from a 14 day Panama Canal cruise on the Coral Princess. The food was horrible in the MDR and the Buffet. Tasteless and bland and a cheaper menu since Carnival bought the cuise line. I won't book another Princess cruise.

Had to think about this, but I believe CCL bought Princess around 2001! They also own a few other cruise lines including HAL, Cunard, Costa, etc etc. So about all you have left is RCI, Celebrity and Azamara :) As an aside, it was only after CCL bought Princess that Princess (near bankrupt at the time) was able to begin building all the new ships now in their fleet.

Hank

I bring 2 pillowcases from home for laundry. I keep one for dirty clothes and one for laudered clothes. I makes it easier to carry the clothes back to your room without dropping socks and underwear!

If you like a really dark room and hate that little bit of light that sneaks under the door, place the 2 life preservers on top of each other. it blocks the bottom and sides well!

I bring 2 pillowcases from home for laundry. I keep one for dirty clothes and one for laudered clothes. I makes it easier to carry the clothes back to your room without dropping socks and underwear!

If you like a really dark room and hate that little bit of light that sneaks under the door, place the 2 life preservers on top of each other. it blocks the bottom and sides well!

Hi there.

Here in Aus, I always buy from the $2 bargain stores, those fold up mesh laundry hampers for our laundry.

They fold up easy, and we always leave it in the bottom of the wardrobe, and place our dirty clothes in there. With the handles they are easy to carry to and from the laundry. We are on the countdown to Elite then we don't have to worry about the laundry then. lol lol

Bring it on we say.

Happy New Year to all Happy Cruisers. :D

The reason that I prefer the pillowcases is that we usually do 10+ night cruises. We do laundry half way into our cruise. Then, the 2 pillowcases turn into laundry bags. 1 is for darks and 1 is for lights and whites. We pack them in the suitcase and bring them right to my home laundry room. Now, I don't have to sort. It makes the laundry task easier! Just MHO.

The reason that I prefer the pillowcases is that we usually do 10+ night cruises. We do laundry half way into our cruise. Then, the 2 pillowcases turn into laundry bags. 1 is for darks and 1 is for lights and whites. We pack them in the suitcase and bring them right to my home laundry room. Now, I don't have to sort. It makes the laundry task easier! Just MHO.

Instead of mesh bags or pillow cases, I have a spare rip-stop nylon bag that folds totally flat. I put it empty into my suitcase. On the cruise, it's great for hauling laundry back and forth. On the way home, I fill it with dirty clothes and check it. More room for the new purchases in the suitcase! Or, if I didn't buy much, it goes back in the suitcase.

• 2 weeks later...
Instead of mesh bags or pillow cases, I have a spare rip-stop nylon bag that folds totally flat. I put it empty into my suitcase. On the cruise, it's great for hauling laundry back and forth. On the way home, I fill it with dirty clothes and check it. More room for the new purchases in the suitcase! Or, if I didn't buy much, it goes back in the suitcase.

I just get a large plastic bag from the store on board the ship and use that for dirty clothing. Its easy, lightweight and disposable! And free.

Haven't read this whole thread, but just in case no one has mentioned this, thought I would. A few cruises ago after having the soap (I always bring my own bar) slide out of its place several times while showering, I decided to try folding a wash cloth and placing it on the soap holder and putting the soap on top - voila! Problem solved!

Just returned from the Golden Princess Christmas cruise. We had a great little gal as our stewardess. Every day I would fold the wash cloth and leave the soap on it, and she would take the wash cloth away. I figured if I placed the cloth and the soap back there every day she would take the hint! Nope. After about 4 days, I finally spoke to her and explained why I did that. She giggled and - voila! Problem solved. She left the soap on the folded wash cloth!

This works well but, of course, doesn't prevent dropping it!!!

Haven't read this whole thread, but just in case no one has mentioned this, thought I would. A few cruises ago after having the soap (I always bring my own bar) slide out of its place several times while showering, I decided to try folding a wash cloth and placing it on the soap holder and putting the soap on top - voila! Problem solved!

!!!

good idea

We found collapsible mesh hampers at Rite Aid a year ago that weight almost nothing, take no room in a suitcase and when popped up fit nicely in the closet.

I always bring plenty of beer in my checked luggage. Also I bring a soft sided cooler for ice. First day I hand the cabin attendant $10 dollars and ask that he keep my cooler about half full of ice. Nothing better than a very cold beer on the balcony. Good spot for white wine too. The refrigerators don't seem to work that well. I keep the cooler on the floor in the bathroom so there is no issues with leaking. If all is going well I simply leave a couple dollars on top of the cooler every other day.....

so there are refers in the rooms? we have a balcony.

Do you mean refrigerators? Yes they do but they aren't that cold.

I've seen several posts stating that the Caribbean Princess has no fresh brewed at all.

Sure they do. Love the Caribbean Princess. There isn't fresh brewed on the Lido deck.

Yes if they have them.

Just to advise they no longer supply them and there are no packs available in the games room/library any more The reply when requested is "buy them from the shop" So people take your own playing cards.

Just to advise they no longer supply them and there are no packs available in the games room/library any more The reply when requested is "buy them from the shop" So people take your own playing cards.

One time we brought our own playing cards, the only problem was that they had the logo of another cruise line. The assistant Cruise Director spotted them, but instead of giving us Princess cards he just growled, 'Get rid of those d----- things'.

At the end of the cruise I did just that, when instructed to return all games and cards, I popped two decks from HAL back to the card room.

I often wondered what happened to them.:)

john

Archived