Best Time to Book?

PinkSand26

Last year we went on a cruise in November, which we booked in September and got a really good deal. I am watching the rates right now and they are higher (by about $100-150) then when we booked for a cruise last year....We want to go again in November...I'm wondering if it's worth it to wait until mid September again to book it because the rates might drop. Has anyone experienced this? The rates are lower the closer you get to the cruise date?

Thanks!

We always book our cruises way ahead, as you can see my count down....Don't judge the current rates to your last cruise. These will change depending on the qty of ports and time of year and the ship.

If you book early saver, you are guaranteed the lowest rates and possible upgrades!

Good luck!

Last year we went on a cruise in November, which we booked in September and got a really good deal. I am watching the rates right now and they are higher (by about $100-150) then when we booked for a cruise last year....We want to go again in November...I'm wondering if it's worth it to wait until mid September again to book it because the rates might drop. Has anyone experienced this? The rates are lower the closer you get to the cruise date?

Thanks!

First of all, don't gauge the prices by last year's as the majority have increased overall.

If you like the price, book it and get it over with. The deep discounting will be last minute to fill it up (if it need it). The supply/demand equation is pretty unpredictable. You have November in your corner but my November cruise has steadily gone up since I booked it so you never know.

If you are certain of when you can/want to go, are ok with the current prices just wish it was lower, then book it with ES. That way you have a better cabin selection and will still be able to take advantage of lower rates should they drop:)

We book ES to garentee the lowest cost, but you're too close to sail date for that to be an option as this point. If you wait, it's just a gamble as to if it goes up or down.

opps, didn't think about ES time issue

I can tell you that the prices for our Nov. cruise are now HIGHER than what they were when we originally booked in June.

Still hoping for a price decrease and obc, but not holding my breath.

I think it just depends on how the cruise is selling and the popularity of it. If it's a trip you really want, go ahead and book. We were locked into a certain date due to a brithday. We could have actually gotten other cruises during Nov. cheaper than the one we're going on.

Booked a Nov cruise in July - waited 1 week and price went up $60. Now at the end of Aug it is about $120 more. Depending where you live, you could get a pack and go cheap rate. Seems to me the Early Saver rates are always the best, and the time has passed for those.

Thanks for all of the responses. We just recently(in the past 2 weeks) decided to go on another cruise, so I couldn't have booked any earlier anyways. I just started looking and was wondering what people have seen. We are flexible on dates in Nov or Dec and always book inside cabin because we don't mind it so I'm sure we'll find something...I just wasn't sure if anyone found anything with price drops as the sail date gets closer, because we aren't picky on the dates, just wanted in Nov or Dec.

Thanks!

Thanks for all of the responses. We just recently(in the past 2 weeks) decided to go on another cruise, so I couldn't have booked any earlier anyways. I just started looking and was wondering what people have seen. We are flexible on dates in Nov or Dec and always book inside cabin because we don't mind it so I'm sure we'll find something...I just wasn't sure if anyone found anything with price drops as the sail date gets closer, because we aren't picky on the dates, just wanted in Nov or Dec.

Thanks!

I would check the pack n go specials on Wednesday. They are guarantees, so if they are lower than a cabin you picked, you would be out of luck price matching to them anyway. ES isnt all its cracked up to be imo.

Go thru a couple of weeks of pack n go rates and see how the fall rates seem to be running.

I would check the pack n go specials on Wednesday. They are guarantees, so if they are lower than a cabin you picked, you would be out of luck price matching to them anyway. ES isnt all its cracked up to be imo.

Go thru a couple of weeks of pack n go rates and see how the fall rates seem to be running.

Is this on the Carnival website? I will have to check that out. Thanks!

The prices are going UP as the industry is recouping money it lost during the last year and a half due to the economy. I don't think you can compare last yrs prices to this year or next. We booked Freedom 6 night western back in Feb for next January at 319.00 p/p. Looks like a steal now...

Booked a Nov cruise in July - waited 1 week and price went up $60. Now at the end of Aug it is about $120 more. Depending where you live, you could get a pack and go cheap rate. Seems to me the Early Saver rates are always the best, and the time has passed for those.

Agree. My son's OV cabin is now selling for more than I paid for my 8B. I would say "nada" on OBC on price reductions but you never know.

Archived