NCL charges a Gratuities on all bottles of wine and Liquor

Redheel Girl

The math doesn't add up. The gratuity on a bottle of wine should be less than on a bottle of scotch. :rolleyes: (or are we talking about a couple of bottles of wine).

I have to agree with the OP. Why charge a gratuity on them when they are not being served. Can you ask that the gratuity be removed?

No, you can not, it is a service charge and NCL isn't the only line that does this. Some lines don't even offer bar set ups. I agree, it makes no sense. Something is wrong. the noral charge for a bottle on booze is and has been for ages, $3.00. I think she/he has been given wrong info or misunderstood.

Nita

Where exactly on NCL's site did you find that you could order alcohol (Scotch)? I see the wine list but no booze list. I think the only way you can order booze is through the bar setup and that is ordered from the ships coordinator.

And the bar setup is not charged to your credit card until you board the ship.

PE<---is :confused:...

I have never seen the prices anywhere on the website, I just checked, I guess I must be blind.

The math doesn't add up. The gratuity on a bottle of wine should be less than on a bottle of scotch. :rolleyes: (or are we talking about a couple of bottles of wine).

I have to agree with the OP. Why charge a gratuity on them when they are not being served. Can you ask that the gratuity be removed?

Yes you can get the gratuity removed. On the jade mar/apr 2010 we ordered wine for the room, they just brought it and gave me a corkscrew, I dont call that good service! and that was after we had to request a wine list for the room, which the steward delivered,but didnt want to leave, she wanted me to order on the spot, the jade has changed since we first went on her in 2008. Had gratuities taken off all the wine we bought for the room just by goin to reception.

Please re-read what you quoted from me. I said booze was not available on the web site' date=' only wine.

PE[/color']

Planer's Edge, I am agreeing with you. I was responding via your message to the person who claims it is on the website. Sorry for the confusion. How often have I argued with you? Probably never...LOL

Nita

Archived