marina -what will it have

law123

will there be only one pool and if so will it be bigger than the small one on the other 3 ships . the plan I have seen shows one small pool

also will the culinary studio be free?

There is one swimming pool, on deck 12, which is longer, but not as wide as the "R Ships" Pools194124.jpgMarina Pool Deck

211126.jpg"R Ship" Pool Deck

The Fee Structure has not been announced yet, but as it was explained to me, there will be a fee to participate (cook) in the Culinary Center, yet not to watch from the audience area.

Participants are going to be involved in selecting, preparing, serving and eating the food. Chefs will be supervising each station, so audiences may get the occasional nosh too ;)

Of course, ship deck plans are notoriously drawn "not to scale"...So, it's not necesarily that easy to look at deck plans and determine whether it's larger, longer or narrower...

My guess is that it will be "big enough"...it always seems deck space and chairs are more in demand than pool space anyway...

Are there any Marina "construction update" photos. Several videos were posted at the beginning of this year when the ship was launched but, at that time, most of the inside spaces were still iron work and hanging cables. These videos helped build enthusiasm for cruises that were a year away. By now I suspect many of the public rooms and passenger areas have had significant construction progress.

Colonel Wes beat me to it. Interestingly, he's linked to the UK site, while I joined the US site -- the link to the same article is http://www.cruise-community.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3674:oceanias-marina-touts-recreational-facilities-&catid=906:newsheadlines&Itemid=67

You must register to see articles on either site (they are essentially the same and a registration works on either one), but the registration is free and they don't bug you much -- just an occasional email to highlight new articles. They really do get first-hand information from all the cruise lines.

Unfortunately, their articles are copyright, so we can't copy and paste them here.

Once you join, the latest articles are found in either "Featured Stories" or "News Headlines".

Henry:

The article describex the Marina's rec facilities Wednesday that include an 18-hole golf putting course, driving cages, beside a full-size paddle tennis crt (w/night lights)Also,there croquet and bocce tournaments will be offered, shuffleboard isstarboard. The article points out a full jogging track (ringing the funnel) is offered as well.

The Marina Canyon Ranch spa club offers state of the art aerobic machines, free weight area and a space for fitness classes; private yoga, aerobics, Pilates, spinning and tai chi.

The swimming pool has two whirlpoos adjacent to it with many deck lounges in shaded areas, plus there will be Balinese day beds. OS, VS will have in suite

fitness rooms.

Archived