Millennium Experts: Need help choosing 2A, 2B or CC cabin

Conanc

Hi there,

We were interested in the Sweet Sixteen cabins on the Millennium but just noticed that there is difference in price of approximately $1,000 between the 2A and the 2C categories. :eek: We are now looking carefully at the 2A or 2Bs or considering a CC for approx. $200 more. :) I have the "list" of recommended cabins, but most of the cabins listed are not available for 10/11/10 except for the triangular shaped aft facing cabins on deck 7. We are not as concerned about balcony size as we are in balcony location. Whenever possible, we like a clear view forward and straight down to the water with no obstructions. Should we stick to cabins located in front of the forward elevators to avoid the lifeboats? Do the cabins located behind the forward elevators have a clear view when looking down to the water or is there a lifeboat obstruction? We looked at some of the forward cabins on Deck 8 but read about window washing equipment. It seems as though the balconies on Deck 9 have large overhangs. If we decided to upgrade to CC what are the best C2 cabins?

I would love some suggestions and would appreciate your cabin recommendations. Photos are most welcome, too! :)

Here is what is available:

2A: Deck 7 midship and aft (also 7049 and 7080)

2B: Forward on Deck 8 or Deck 9

C2: Forward and midships on Deck 9

Thanks!!!!!

The sweet sixteen are category 2C.

That is usually the least expensive balcony.

Unfortunately, not this time or we would book it in a heartbeat. The 2C is $1,000 more than the 2A (2A or 2B is offered as a senior/resident rate).

CC cabins (not balconies) are 20sq. ft. larger than cat. 2. It depends on what is more important to you - larger cabin or larger balcony. Having stayed in both a 2A and C2 on the Millennium class, the extra space makes a big difference. If the $200 more isn't a problem, my recommendation is a mid-ship the C2.

CC cabins (not balconies) are 20sq. ft. larger than cat. 2. It depends on what is more important to you - larger cabin or larger balcony. Having stayed in both a 2A and C2 on the Millennium class, the extra space makes a big difference. If the $200 more isn't a problem, my recommendation is a mid-ship the C2.

Any tips on the available cabins I listed (in Cat 2A, 2B, or C2) that will give us a good forward view and straight down to the water view from the balcony? Thanks!

I was hoping to tag into this post to ask a related question; if you had a choice between a sweet sixteen (#6030) or one of the angled 2A (7163) for $200 more, is 7163 a better balcony and worth the extra money??

For us it would not be worth it. The Sweet Sixteen balconies look great and would be our first choice. They are forward cabins with great views and double the size of standard balconies. Unfortunately for us on our sailing, they are not on a resident or senior promo so they are $1,000 more and it is not worth it to book these. That money can go towards airfare, shore excursions, speciality restaurants, tips, etc.

I am ready to settle for a standard size balcony as long as we have a great (and unobstructed) view. I am hoping someone can answer my question about the cabins located above the Sweet Sixteens on Deck 8 -- around the cabin #8035 area. We would like to be able to see forward and straight down to the water.

We stayed on the Summit (same layout) in cabin 8039 and thought it was great. Right next to the forward elevators which made it very convenient and not noisy as I had feared, and I loved having an unobstructed view to look up, down, forward, or back. Every time I looked back and saw the balconies that are a bit to the inside and under the overhang, I thought that it just wouldn't be as nice to stay there. I know the overhang protects from the elements, but we loved our forward balcony. Maybe if we would spend hours in the balcony, especially midday, some cover would be welcome, but this wasn't our case.

2cbalconies1-vi.jpg

This photo was posted by "bob278" last year. Credit must be given where it's due ..... cause this is such a great photo.

You can see that because the sweet 16 start further forward than cabin on deck 8 that only about 5 cabins on deck 8 are directly above the sweet 16.

To me it looks like you should be fine in 8035 with a clear view down.

Thanks again Bob278 for the great photo!

2a , 2b, and 2c have the same size cabin...170sq. ft. which is fine. CC is a bit larger. Unless it is a small difference, I would choose the 2A on the Vista deck. Some of the afte 2A cabins also have larger verandas. 7068 is a nice midship location. It is the best located bewteen 2 other decks of cabins. You won't be bothered by noise above and below. Avoid deck 9 and cabins froward above the nightclub unless you don't like to sleep. The sweet 16 is deck 6 right above the nightclub. It does have larger verandas but it may be noisy. Just relax and enjoy. After many cruises, I tend not to get too fussy about the size of my cabin as much as the convenience and the quiet of it. The worst cabin ever was a suite just just below the pool deck. Cost a lot of money and had constant noise overhead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
For us it would not be worth it. The Sweet Sixteen balconies look great and would be our first choice. They are forward cabins with great views and double the size of standard balconies. Unfortunately for us on our sailing, they are not on a resident or senior promo so they are $1,000 more and it is not worth it to book these. That money can go towards airfare, shore excursions, speciality restaurants, tips, etc.

I am ready to settle for a standard size balcony as long as we have a great (and unobstructed) view. I am hoping someone can answer my question about the cabins located above the Sweet Sixteens on Deck 8 -- around the cabin #8035 area. We would like to be able to see forward and straight down to the water.

Conanc I am also trying to figure out if cabin 8035 on Millenium is a good cabin. We are going on the trip May 21 to Alaska Southbound. With all your research are you feeling comforable with booking with this cabin. By the way what trip are you taking?

We stayed in 9033 last year (and re-booked it for an upcoming cruise) it is a 2B (I think ...) We liked it for the proximity to the forward stairs. It is right underneath the Spa pool and café -- meant it was quiet and easy access to morning and lunch meals. It was easy to access as well since we hardly had to go down the hall from the stairs to get to our room. There are only a few cabins beyond, so not much noise from people traffic either ...

Avoid deck 9 and cabins froward above the nightclub unless you don't like to sleep. The sweet 16 is deck 6 right above the nightclub. It does have larger verandas but it may be noisy.

There are no forward cabins that are over a nightclub on M class ships. That is the theater forward on deck 3 to 5. We booked cabins over the theater several times to have the larger balcony and noise wasn't an issue with them.

Conanc I am also trying to figure out if cabin 8035 on Millenium is a good cabin. We are going on the trip May 21 to Alaska Southbound. With all your research are you feeling comforable with booking with this cabin. By the way what trip are you taking?

Hi Grandma -- The cruise is booked. :D We leave in a week. Can't wait! I will take pics and let you know.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Grandma,

We're back. We loved this cabin and would definitely book it again! The balcony was a regular size but the cabin location for us was great -- right around the corner from the forward elevator and stairs and it was quiet. A quick walk or ride up to the spa area, spa cafe and T pool or down to the theater or Michael's Club.

Enjoy your cruise!

Nancy

Hi Grandma,

We're back. We loved this cabin and would definitely book it again! The balcony was a regular size but the cabin location for us was great -- right around the corner from the forward elevator and stairs and it was quiet. A quick walk or ride up to the spa area, spa cafe and T pool or down to the theater or Michael's Club.

Enjoy your cruise!

Nancy

Nancy Sorry it took me so long to post. I was away on a trip visiting Florida. So cabin 8035 was good for you. That is great. We booked that cabin also for our trip to Alaska. We are taking the southbound starting with the land then the cruise on May 21. I am so excited. Glad you had a nice time and thanks for your input. I am happy I booked the cabin before I left for Florida.

thanks again Grandma101

Nancy Sorry it took me so long to post. I was away on a trip visiting Florida. So cabin 8035 was good for you. That is great. We booked that cabin also for our trip to Alaska. We are taking the southbound starting with the land then the cruise on May 21. I am so excited. Glad you had a nice time and thanks for your input. I am happy I booked the cabin before I left for Florida.

thanks again Grandma101

Sounds wonderful! Alaska is on our "short" list. :)

Just off Millie, Had a CC cabin on Deck 7 towards the rear of the ship. Did not really like the cabin the extra 42 sq feet dose not do much. The Balcony is small had much larger on other ships. The cannopys and cheese plater was not to my licking, flowers were a nice touch. Shower head not a big deal, and 32 inch tv nice, but not many channels, pay movies offered. I did like the bed quite nice in fact.

The balcony over looked the suites on 6 , I keeped looking at someguys head not much hair either, could not look down straight into the water. I really did not like this, if I had a suite I would have hated to be watched from some guy above me.

IMO the cc cabins are not worth the extra money over the reg balcony. However with the price I got the CC cabins were a few dollars cheaper.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived