Packing dilema

MsJ

Hello...I have started packing for next week's cruise on the Zuiderdam...as usual I have far too many clothes pulled out.....I know that there are 2 formal nights and then 2 semi-formal......I have about 5 dresses that I am looking at right now for formal nights..my dilema is about the semi-formal....do women also wear dressy dresses for those 2 nights or is it more say capri pants and a top.....or casual dresses...would I be too dressed up on the semi-formal nights if get semi-dressed up???? does this make sense? Thanks for any advice....Marianne

Capri pants and a top sounds far too casual for informal night. But it does sound like something ok for casual night.

Think of informal as something you would wear to a nice afternoon wedding when you like the bride:) . (Or want the bride to like you;) ).

Thank you all for the responses.....I am going to take 4 dresses...maybe three.....I try to follow that packing advice of putting out all the clothes and then putting back some of the stuff.....even doing that I always seem to have too much.....thanks again

I don't think you will wear 4 dresses. I just returned from a 40 day cruise, and that is what I took. Noone remembers what you wore to dinner, except those, who are dining with you. You might take a pants suit. Each cruise is different. Some are more dressy than others. Be prepared, but again, leave room for new purchases. If you don't, they sell a nifty carry-on in the gift shop.

Archived