Waikiki Hotels - Where Have You Stayed?

GypRasc

I'm going to recommend a hotel that many probably have never heard of, the Ilima Hotel. It is not beachfront, several blocks back from the beach, but it was clean and comfortable, despite the fact they were replacing all of the floors while we were there

We had a room with a full kitchen for about $105/night without any special deals. Several family-type restaurants within easy walking distance

We also stayed at Hilton Hawaiian Village, it was OK, but, HUGE. I think what soured me on this place was the fact that on our first day, I bought 2 Diet Cokes, they cost $7.50. They did have a ABC store on premises which helped, but also charged $8/day to park. I guess that is pretty standard with downtown hotels

We're doing land trips to Hawaii now, and rent condos, stay away from the hotels

Kcarp, I just put our dates in on the Continental website and the price was 585 per person non-stop from Newark to Honolulu. Of course that is for coach. I was really surprised how cheap it was. That is really reasonable.

That is a really good price. We paid around $750 DFW to HNL for our trip in June. I started looking at airfare in Nov 2009, it started at $600 as time when by the price increased to over $800. When it finally dropped to $750 I took it.

• 4 years later...
Aqua Palms and Spa. Why because it's right across from Hawaiian Hilton and it's a block away from Wailana Coffee House. IHOP restaurant is at the Aqua. Both restaurants are not that expensive. Aqua is half the price of HHV and plus you can enjoy the ammenities and beach at the Hilton.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60982-d559726-r7802220-Aqua_Palms_Spa-Honolulu_Oahu_Hawaii.html

we will be staying at the Aqua Palms in November. I see the Coffee shop and Ihop are close by..are they within walking distance? or do you have to cross some major hwy? My brother is in a scooter..and my husband doesn't walk to fast.

Kcarp, I just put our dates in on the Continental website and the price was 585 per person non-stop from Newark to Honolulu. Of course that is for coach. I was really surprised how cheap it was. That is really reasonable.

wow..it's now 858.00 a person from Newark..Oh Boy.

Yes I am aware of the timeline ..I figured there couldn't be that much change..could there? :)

Pricing, hotel names, quality of service. I would think a lot of things could change in 5 years.

For our cruise in 2012 I got The Marriott Waikiki Beach for $99 on Priceline. For our cruise in 2014 the best I could get was the Aston Waikiki Beach for $148. And that was just over 2 years.

we will be staying at the Aqua Palms in November. I see the Coffee shop and Ihop are close by..are they within walking distance? or do you have to cross some major hwy? My brother is in a scooter..and my husband doesn't walk to fast.

The coffee shop is on the same side of the street as the Palms, at the end of the block. Not much of a walk at all. And, The Bus stops right outside the Palms, so if you were thinking of taking The Bus, it's right on the line that goes along Ala Moana Blvd. If you want to cross the street to HHV to get to the beach, it's not a bad spot to cross there between the two.