What is the first food you look forward to eating on Princess?

Duck Duck Cruise

Boy, this is tough, limiting it to just one thing. The first thing we ever get after boarding is a slice of the fabulous Princess pizza ..., but I can get pizza on land. As others have said, the Fetuccini Alfredo is a must on every cruise, as is the escargot ..., and the porcini mushroom soup ..., and on the "Super Grand Class" ships, the chicken cashew salad and gelato in the International Cafe ... and sushi at Vines ....

Oh yeah, just one thing. :o

I guess the one thing I always look forward to that I've never had anywhere but on a Princess ship has to be the sweet little Dolce de Leche dessert at Sabatini's. LOVE IT!!! :D

Me too! With sour cream. This was going to be my answer exactly!

I asked my husband. He loves the cold tamarind soup, hearts of palm salad in the HC, and baby lamb chops.

OMG! Are you all sick of me yet? I didn't realize the first three posts got in, so I added this one.

My boys and husband love the alfredo. I love everything! Thats why I put on 11lbs the last time. LOL I really love the deserts at main dining. The boys mostly lov the cheesecake. I like to try the different things. You can't go wrong with Princess. Everything is fantastic.:rolleyes:

For me, it's the sausage at the buffet for that first mornings breakfast. That's when I really KNOW I'm on the cruise :)

But I'm going to have to look into the goat cheese souffle - that sounds just too yummy to miss!

we won't be cruising with Princess til next July (on Crown P) but seems there will be alot of treats to look forward to--YUM!

We usually cruise on Celebrity & can't say too much good about their Pizza!!!

Beef Wellington, the alfredo w/ chicken as an entree, or alfredo as an appetizer. Love the Princess pizza (none better!) and Princess ice creams, sorbets and gelatos at dinner! I also love the banana pancakes and sauasge links for breakfast. Yummmmm,......

I'll be ready for a limoncello right after dinner our first night in the dining room. Delish!

We loooooove the limoncello digestif as well each night after dinner as well. After the third night, the head waiter would already be walking toward us with cordial glasses ready to pour when dessert was nearly done. They know us too well :)

For me it's the New Zealand Green Lipped Mussels in ginger sauce. I always get a double helping. Reading other people's favorites is enlightening and amusing. How tastes differ! I have never had good fettucine Alfredo anywhere in the world including Alfredo's. Oh, well, we can all agree the pizza on the big ships, at least, is excellent. Or can we?

I look forward to lots of food during the cruise, but the first food (since that was the question) has to be, as others have said, the fried scallops in the buffet. I don't even like fried food (except French Fries, which don't count because they're a vegetable. And don't confuse me with facts, people!) but those scallops -- mmmm, mmmmm, mmmmmmm. So that first lunch of fried scallops and a salad from the awesome Princess salad bar and a glass of that horrible iced tea: that's the meal that has me fidgeting in anticipation during check-in. I'm not sure at this point whether they're really that good or whether it's because of what they represent: the start of another cruise.

Can't wait to try all of these on our first Princess cruise!

Does Princess offer corn beef hash? It is one of my favorites. I've been low carb for over a year and only have an Adkins Shake in the morning in my everyday life. I always look forward to cheating on my cruises and go right for the hash. Much to my disapointment, NCL didn't have it this past winter:( Also, can you believe on a 9 night cruise they didn't have creme brulee once??

The peanut butter cookies warm from the oven!!

Yeah, love those and the Bowtie Pasta with Veal, the little cheesecakes in the IC, hamburgers and french fries, lobster & shrimp, a filet mignon with Bernaisse Sauce from the Crown Grill, the Chicken Salad from the IC and on and on and on

And followed or preceded by a Milky Way Martini, a Beverly Hills Iced Tea, a straight up Vodka Martini with an olive tray assortment.

If only I was on my way to the dining room on any Princess ship right now.......

Sorry I broke the rules - I couldn't think of just one favorite item!

For me it's the New Zealand Green Lipped Mussels in ginger sauce. I always get a double helping. Reading other people's favorites is enlightening and amusing. How tastes differ! I have never had good fettucine Alfredo anywhere in the world including Alfredo's. Oh, well, we can all agree the pizza on the big ships, at least, is excellent. Or can we?

Those mussels, one of my favorites too. If you haven't guessed by now, I have a very long list of favorites!

Archived