In your opinion which cruise line/ship has the best pizza?

Snorkel Dawg

• 4 weeks later...
I've been on Princess, HAL, and Royal Caribbean. Favorite is Princess -- I was at the point that I was at times going for pizza even after dinner in the MDR.

Will be cruising Celebrity and NCL for the first time in the next year. Will let you all know if I change my mind.

Just got back from a Celebrity cruise and I made sure to try the pizza. Princess' pizza is still my favorite -- above Royal Caribbean, HAL, and Celebrity.

Edited by SgpMBL

Pizza on RCCL- Monarch of The Seas was disgusting!!! Tasted like ketchup on cardboard! Very disappointing!!

It's much better on Mariner. It's more like Bisquick dough with tomato sauce (less sweet than ketchup). Hey, at least it's served lukewarm <YUCK>

• 2 years later...

I've only cruised on Carnival, but have had the pizza on three different ships. Pizza probably makes up the majority of my diet. The Carnival pizza is pretty good IMO.

The sad part is that the quality varies from ship to ship.

Pride: The first slice I got was pretty bad. It was a greasy mess and very bland. I went back later and got some fresh slices and it was wonderful. The crust was a nice thin crust with good flavor. Pizza was cooked well. Subsequent trips were just as good.

Miracle: Pretty much same as the Pride, but it was definitely better. They key here was every time I went for pizza, I waited for fresh out of the oven which will certainly have an effect.

Freedom: Awful. Every time I got a slice, whether it was fresh or had been sitting, it was not cooked enough. It also seemed like the "chef" was skimping on the sauce as the slices were lacking in any type of red indicating sauce was on the slice. The chef also seemed to appear like he did not care to be there and was extremely unfriendly. Not uncommon to see lines here though. I really don't think this guy was normally a pizza guy, perhaps he was put there as punishment.

I've only ever cruised Carnival, but I love their pizza. Load the plate up with fries and you have a delicious snack.

We loved their pizza (I'm not a pizza lover as a rule) you should try the chicken with garlic and goat cheese forget what it was called. The cesear salad is the best from any ship (even most on land) it's with the pizza area. That said we eat the pizza on Princess also because we like the thin crust. My guys eat it more often than I do though.

We loved their pizza (I'm not a pizza lover as a rule) you should try the chicken with garlic and goat cheese forget what it was called. The cesear salad is the best from any ship (even most on land) it's with the pizza area. That said we eat the pizza on Princess also because we like the thin crust. My guys eat it more often than I do though.

The De Chèvre pizza is the one with the goat cheese & garlic, but it doesn't have chicken, it has mushrooms. BTW they do not have this one any more thought as they have resently changed all the pizzas on board all their ships. The De Chèvre used to be my favorite too. Sure wish I had the recipe for it. Does anyone here happen to have it? If so can you please share it so I can make it at home because I know i will never be able to have it on board ever again. Thanks in advance if you do have it & you can share it. Also sad to say, but you can no longer get the calzone or Cesar salad in the pizza area anymore. Boo hooo :(

THANKS YOU so very very much, the second one down sounds just like it. :D . Now I'm doing the happy dance. i will make it real soon & come back here & let you know how it turned out.

Glad I could help! They key to a good pizza is very high heat - get a pizza stone or some clay tiles for the oven. You can also find great recipes at pizzamaking.com by going through their forums.

Ok, this is the easiest question we have ever answered on CC. Without a doubt the best pizza at sea is to be found on Princess ships. They make the dough from scratch, use specially trained pizza cooks, its fresh, and wonderful. We say this having cruised on 12 differrent lines. There is a reason for the great pizza on Princess. Several years ago there was an Italian cruise line called Sitmar (we loved that line) that had real pizza parlors on all their ships (staffed with Italian cooks). When Princess bought out Sitmar they made a wise decision and decided to keep the pizza parlors (on the existing Sitmar ships). When they realized it was so darn popular they simply kept up the tradition.

Hank

So glad to hear someone else besides me who remembers Sitmar. Took 14 day cruise rd trip San Francisco to Alaska in 1981. Loved the pizzeria. Just like European thin crust pizza. I was 30 back then & it was my first experience with that style of pizza & have been loving it ever since. The pizza on ncl was horrible, although that was 10 years ago so it could be better now, I suppose, RCL & Disney not good either, compares to frozen supermarket pizza. I'm going on the Carnival Splendor in 2 weeks & I've heard good things about their pizza. Not sure if they have the old pizza which I had on the Carnival Pride, & was ok or the new pizza which I hear is thin crust & sounds really good.

Edited by absolutely brilliant

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Princess!!!! Yummmm!!!

+1

The pizza at Alfredo's is the best that we've had on a cruise as it's made to order. The pizza on Lido deck is only good when it just comes out of the oven. There's nothing like an after an excursion pizza!:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I've have had pizza on the brain lately & was thinking what others opinions might be? So far in my crusing experience I would have give the nod for best pizza on a cruise ship to the incredible thin crust Pizza aboard the Ruby Princess. Hoping we will find that same quailty of pizza onboard other cruise lines and ships on future sailings...

Even Dawgs love pizza! ;)

I've been on quite a few different lines and my favorite is Princess pizza from their Alfredos.

2nd best is from MSC but they're an Italian line.:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Pizza.

There are lots of good things about RCCL however their WORST CHOICE is serving their PIZZAS.Its awful and bland.

The best i have experienced is Princess and then Celebrity.

Royal Caribbean puts out terrible PIZZA.

I have to agree. Out of necessity (long story), I had pizza in the Solarium last December. Yuck. Bland, chewy, and dry. But, hey, the Mai-Tais were terrific! :D