Other ideas for RC?

I've been wondering where they'll go next... after the chat in my upcoming Oasis cruise thread I realized:

Royal Caribbean needs a cowboy/country bar with line dancing, etc, and a mechanical bull. Everyone in my group is talking about hitting a place in FLL before the cruise and taking on that bull. How much more fun would that be at sea?

So, I ask you - what other diverse ideas do you have for onboard entertainment etc?

I've been wondering where they'll go next... after the chat in my upcoming Oasis cruise thread I realized:

Royal Caribbean needs a cowboy/country bar with line dancing, etc, and a mechanical bull. Everyone in my group is talking about hitting a place in FLL before the cruise and taking on that bull. How much more fun would that be at sea?

So, I ask you - what other diverse ideas do you have for onboard entertainment etc?

After all these years, I'm still waiting for a Real Bonafide Classic Genuine SPORTS BAR!!!! :mad: With plenty of big screen TV's, food off the menu such as hot wings, nachos, etc, to go with your tall cold beer.

The place would be packed on Monday Night Football, college, MLB Playoffs, etc, etc.

Put a few slot machines in there also!

Last cruise all they had on the stateroom Tv was CRICKETT, 24/7!

(cowboys/cowgirls welcome)

The mechanical Bull idea is interesting. I remember seeing a show about the Oasis and one thing brought up was the engineering difficulties in making the Carousel work on a moving ship that was never level. I would assume some of these issues would be the same for the Bull. I will add however that until reading this thread, I didn't know they still existed.

I'd like to see them really up the entertainment. I like the idea of the broadway shows on the ships...they should change it up a bit so you get to see new shows each time.

Also, they need more music. If you look at the compass, the majority of music is only 45 minutes to an hour. I know the musicians need breaks, but they should have somewhere where there is continual music for a longer time.

We would like more "enrichment" type activities. 45-60 minute classes/sessions that feature information we don't get at home.

DH suggests...

*Drawing class, featuring how to draw ocean waves and other nautical things.

*Botanical class on regional flora and fauna; maybe one per afternoon or evening on the next port of call.

*Class on how to read the sky and the waves like sailors do (or used to), including using a sextant, etc.

I'd like:

* cooking classes...real ones, not the CD acting like a fool (although that was funny). How to cook seafood or local exotic fruits/vegs, etc.

*A dedicated crafts room to work on projects throughout the cruise, with a nice view for inspiration and perhaps a balcony or door out to deck. Also more napkin/towel folding classes.

*A nightly (after the show) "ship crawl". Like a cabin crawl, but guided by a crew member with a 20-30 minute tour and talk about an area of the ship. Maybe even a short video to start.

I also wish they would break up large groups. I tried to go on the galley tour in May and there were so many people (more than 60) that I could see nothing and bailed after the first stop.

Do they have water-aerobics sessions in the pool? If not, they should.

Certainly need ship/nautical ghost stories for Halloween, and not just for the kids. ;-)

Musician jam sessions. Maybe have some instruments available for those who did not bring them.You get 2,500 passengers (and crew) on a ship, and there will be some really good musicians in the mix who would love to play once or twice on their vacation.

Sports bar would be a great idea. 'On Air' in Oasis was sort of one but it was also used for other trivia/karaoke/game shows etc... but serving sports bar type food would good.

Don't know about the bull idea (wouldn't it be a liability issue?)

Do a better job of getting people who are done at the Windjammer up and out of their seats. I know they made announcements for them to get up but it was annoying walking around as family of 4 with 2 kids trying to find a table while people who were clearly finished just lounged around.

The iphone program was great. We had 1 phone and 2 gps bands. It would be nice to be able to view the floor plan for each deck. It would also be helpful to view your dinner and show reservations right from the phone as well as be able to make reservations right from the phone.

Little gripes but overall a great trip.

Don't know about the bull idea (wouldn't it be a liability issue?)

Probably no more than a flowrider or zip line.

Add me to the sports bar as well, we always tend to travel during football season and it would be nice to have a place to watch games!

Archived