*Help* Re Summit Bermuda cruise/BagTags

JEDIKNIGHT

I had arranged a cruise for someone. They are leaving on Summit this September 5th.

Leaving out of Cape Liberty.

We did the "online registration" too late and I guess X's rule is that they DON'T ship BagTags unless you register more than 14 days before departure. TA tried to print the tags off some website, but couldn't and he says to handle it at the Cape Liberty port.

So these pax will arrive at the Cape liberty port, around 12pm the day of the cruise. NO tags on their baggage.

What should they do? (Royal Suite is what they are in, if that matters)

Thanks

The porters at the pier will have luggage tags. We've used this option on a number of cruises we either booked late or changed cabins after tags were received.

When you get to Cape Liberty drop off, make sure they go down towards the end of where all the luggage is being dropped off. The porters there have the luggage tags and will fill them out for you. Just bring a copy of your luggage tags that should have been included in your e-docs. Don't worry - happens all the time.

Hope they have a great cruise.

I had arranged a cruise for someone. They are leaving on Summit this September 5th.

We did the "online registration" too late and I guess X's rule is that they DON'T ship BagTags unless you register more than 14 days before departure. TA tried to print the tags off some website, but couldn't and he says to handle it at the Cape Liberty port.

So these pax will arrive at the Cape liberty port, around 12pm the day of the cruise. NO tags on their baggage.

Thanks

When you pull up to the parking area to off load your luggage, tell one of the baggage handlers you need luggage tags and tell him your stateroom number. He'll be looking for a tip. We had 3 large bags and I gave him $5. He seemed to be happy, and most importantly the bags made it to our stateroom.

Thank you both for the quick responses.

These are 1st time cruisers and they are a little high-strung about not having bag tags. Now I can accurately tell them it's okay.

If anyone has more observations, please keep them coming!

When you pull up to the parking area to off load your luggage, tell one of the baggage handlers you need luggage tags and tell him your stateroom number. He'll be looking for a tip. We had 3 large bags and I gave him $5. He seemed to be happy, and most importantly the bags made it to our stateroom.

When we did that the first time the porter told me to "go down there" and directed me towards the end of where the drop off is. I had to walk down there and get the luggage tags from another porter. So the second time we went to Cape Liberty I told my husband to drive the car down to the end and pull in a space there so I did not have to walk to get the tags. It's not a big deal but just want you to be informed.

When we did that the first time the porter told me to "go down there" and directed me towards the end of where the drop off is. I had to walk down there and get the luggage tags from another porter. So the second time we went to Cape Liberty I told my husband to drive the car down to the end and pull in a space there so I did not have to walk to get the tags. It's not a big deal but just want you to be informed.

I pulled in to drop off wife/bags which happened to be right where the entrance to the terminal/security is located, and the porter got the tags and wrote them out for me. This was for the 25 July 2010 sailing. Of course, we were there around 11:15, and it wasn't very crowded.

Thanks

Did you let them know about the CC Boards? we have a nice group on our roll call--still not too late to join in the fun!

Archived