Guarantee cabin

Tiffany's mom

we have a gty on the Ruby sailing 10/8 and still no cabin assignment yet...Where do you how many actual cabins are left.

Good luck for a great upgrade!

Go to Princess web site and search cruises. You probably have to register if you do not already have a password. You will need to do this any wat to get your boarding pass and type in your passbook and creditcard information. Click check availablilty and then reserve. All of the cabins will come up.

There is a lot of cabins for the 10/8 TA available. We are on this cruise. It will be our 3rd TA in October. Once on the Emerald and last year on the Ruby. It is a great cruise. Wished that they had not dropped two days and two ports. The ruby is back doing 18 days next year. We are also during next years. There is already a large rollcall on next years TA.

Pam

thanks for the info Catlady2. Tell me since you have been on TA before in Oct what can we expect weather wise on the sea days coming back into FLL. Will it be warm enough to sit outside deck side to enjoy the ocean. Do we need to bring warm clothes for this time of year...are you going on any tours or doing it on your own. We are trying to scope out options to do all ports on our own and just worried how to organize it without "missing the boat" So much to do and so much to see!! Your thoughts and suggestions would be great.

thanks for the info Catlady2. Tell me since you have been on TA before in Oct what can we expect weather wise on the sea days coming back into FLL. Will it be warm enough to sit outside deck side to enjoy the ocean. Do we need to bring warm clothes for this time of year...are you going on any tours or doing it on your own. We are trying to scope out options to do all ports on our own and just worried how to organize it without "missing the boat" So much to do and so much to see!! Your thoughts and suggestions would be great.

The weather is fall like, I take clothes that I can layer. You can get rain in Europe this time of year and it can be cool but not cold. On the crossing it gets warmer the closer we get to Florida. The Anzores are usually very nice weather but if you plan to go to the crater lakes it will be cool up there and sometimes fog.

Tours - We have been to these ports many times before and do our own thing. Venice you can do on you own. It is a walking city, fun to get lost.

Rome we take the train. If you go to the roll call page for Ruby Princess you can see if there are any private tours that have openings. Private tours can be the way to go. Smaller groups and usually the same or cheaper price the Ships tours. If this is your first time in Europe either take tours or do a lot and lot of research.

We are going to leave on the 30th and go to Lake Como for 5 days and then 2 days in Venice before boarding the ship. We just love Venice.

See you aboard the Ruby.

Pam

thanks for th info...We will be in Venice 2 days early and know it should be easy to see all of it in this time. Rome is where it gets crazy and yes a lot of research is necessary...sometimes there is too much info out there and that is how it gets confusing...

See u on the Ruby!!

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes I've had good luck booking a guarantee and getting an upgrade, sometimes I haven't and have received exactly the category I paid for. The lesson I learned is to book a guarantee in the lowest (ie. least expensive) category that I would be comfortable with, because that is exactly what I may get.

When i do a back to back we always book a specific cabin; however we always book far enough out that we have a great selection to choose from

But we just booked panama cruise 60 days out and there were not many cabins left, we booked the lowest balcony guarantee as the six lowest balcony cabins were all at guarantee level only. The higher balcony categories had one cabin each but were too expensive, and we were happy with our BG category.

We are three weeks out before our sailing and still no cabin assignment.

We also book the two day prior sailing vancouver to San Fran on a guarantee at the same time. Now this sailing had lots of cabins available but we thought we would book an outside guarantee as that was okay for us for the two day.

we linked the two cruises and no cabin assignment for the two day portion either, so I think Princess will actually put us in the same cabin for the entire 17 days if possible, but not a given, but would be nice.

After reading here, I am guessing i won't get cabin assignment until a few days prior, but that is okay, just a little nerve racking but a little exciting too.

Go to Princess web site and search cruises. You probably have to register if you do not already have a password. You will need to do this any wat to get your boarding pass and type in your passbook and creditcard information. Click check availability and then reserve. All of the cabins will come up.
Up to six available cabins per category will show up. What I did before our Sapphire Princess cruise is type in other cabin numbers to find out if there were more than six available cabins in a particular category. Generally, I'd try out cabin numbers for the cabins that were worse than the ones showing up. For instance, in looking at my upcoming Island Princess cruise (Dec. 20), Princess gives me a choice of six BB cabins on the Aloha Deck. By typing in a specific cabin number (A417), I can find out it's available as well. I could keep trying lots of different cabin numbers and find out there are a ton of available BB cabins. And if I had the lowest category balcony guarantee, I'd hope to be assigned one of them. But of course I could end up in the lowest category balcony.

Unfortunately for me the guarantee cabin was offered as part of a FLASH sale and available to new bookings only. But my TA is pushing on to see if Princess can apply it to my booking. Too bad we can't mention TA's here at CC because this guy has given excellent service!

Archived