cape liberty in february - snowstorm

Nekochan

I arrived back in a snowstorm last February. The parking lot was plowed, but my car was not. Silly me - I live in NE and should know better. Had a scraper, but no shovel. There was a guy in the lot who shoveled me enough to get out and would not take any money at all. I don't know whether he was there to do that specifically or was just a good Samaritan. Anyway, he saved me from my own stupidity. I travel with my 91 year old mother and was really woman alone on this one.

Next time I will back my car into the parking space and take a shovel. I always leave my winter gear like boots in the car. I've sailed or flown out of the area 5 times in February and this was the first time I hit serious snow.

Looks like we won't be cruising on Explorer in the winter months! With our luck, there would be an ice storm & no one would be around to help us out. DH is pushing 80 & arthritis prevents me from doing much shoveling so we'll pass.

It would be great if they built a garage............

That's why I usually take car service when I cruise in February - parking at the port costs $171, car service round trip around $250 including tip (my friend is in the limo business) - considering the cost of the cruise it's not that much more.

yes, i highly suggest a car service....and arrive a day early....and if possible plan to be stuck 1 extra day.

i generally book a room near EWR airport...i take my chances that the roads around it will be clean......and i book ahead, since if flights are cancelled, the hotels will fill up fast! Then, if i don't need the room, i just cancel (obviously this will not work if you use priceline or some other pay-ahead site....)

worked like a charm.....it's not really getting out of the pier that i worry about, it's whether or not my dirveway is plowed....

Archived