Table for Two: MDR on Summit- Q's?

rothjer

I have read a lot of feedback recently that table for twos in the MDR are rather close together. We have experienced this before and want to avoid this as much as possible. We are sailing B2B for our honeymoon and would a nice, quite, seculded table for two- or at least with some decent distance between tables. Anyone have suggestions, or know of any tables in particular which are like this?

We always have a table for 2 and we've never felt crowded. Sure, they haven't been in great locations but that hasn't really bothered us.

See the maitre d' when you are onboard if you want to check that you got what you requested and where it is.

My experience is that many of the tables for 2 on the M class ships are often in the worst locations. They will push them up against a wall in a busy traffic area or next to the door to the kitchen, etc. So good luck. At least you will not be close to another table.

On our Panama Canal cruise, 2/3rds of the cruisers were on early seating, leaving the other 1/3rd a very comfortable, sparsely occupied MDR.

We had what I think might've been a four-top, for two (after I changed it with the maitre'd after boarding). It was in front of the door to the kitchen but that's really just a door to a long hallway; we had our backs to that door; the nearest table to us was EMPTY (the advantage of having the room half empty) and the next closest table was a party of three at a four-top. We never heard a thing they said, although we did enjoy seeing what they ate every night.

There actually was a two-top right next to the stairway (deck 4) that would've been VERY nicely secluded; we were happy right where we were.

Good luck!

--May

I hope that is somewhat of a comfort.

Thanks for everyones input, its really hard to pre plan everything, especially MDR seating. I gather it can also change from cruise to cruise and seating to seating depending on demands.

On our cruise on Atlantica, we had a table for two with one side being banquet seat (the padded bench seating), with two tops all the way down it, the distance between tables was less than a foot, you had to turn sideways if you were sitting on the bench and needed to sit down for the evening. It was more like having dinner with 8 than just the two of us, as we had a table of 4 on one side, and a table of 2 on the other. We ended up pushing the tables together and enjoying each others company, there was no point for the measly gap in the tables anyhow!

Most times, our table for two has really been a table for four, with just us at it. Only twice in 12 cruises have we been at a 2-top. Once on Century and it was OK. On our last Millennium cruise, back-to-back, we were at a 4-top, and the maitre d' asked if we would be there on the second half. I indicated that I would like to try a table for two on the railing of the upper level, and that is where we were located for the second part. We have been fortunate, in that we have never been placed in one of the 2-tops that are located virtually beneath the stairwell on the M-class ships.

In the end, I prefer the 4-top for just two of us.

Bill

Archived