FCC question

Kineticoh20

I have 2 FCC vouchers from March 2008 which clearly say tha t it is good for 2 people in a stateroom. My agent told me tonight about the change and that we will lose $175. My question is has anybody had luck arguing with Princess to honor thier written aagrement. I do understand thier changing thier policy but not changing a written contract with us dated 2008 and paid for.

I have 2 FCC vouchers from March 2008 which clearly say tha t it is good for 2 people in a stateroom. My agent told me tonight about the change and that we will lose $175. My question is has anybody had luck arguing with Princess to honor thier written aagrement. I do understand thier changing thier policy but not changing a written contract with us dated 2008 and paid for.

No, you now need 1 per person.

Actually, the wording could be interpreted to mean that only the first two people in a stateroom may each have an FCC and get OBC for it. It does not actually say that one FCC can be used to get OBC for two people.

However, until about a year ago the way it worked was that one FCC could be used to get OBC for two people. Princess says that this was mainly because their computer system was not programmed properly.

Some people have posted on Cruise Critic (but none recently) that they were successful in convincing a Princess supervisor to allow the OBC for two people as that is what they had been told when purchasing the FCC. Good luck in doing the same.

If you can get your TA to fight for this one, you might come out ahead, but I honestly doubt it. The wording on the FCC's was always quite confusing, and I think the most you might get is the lowered deposit for both of you if you use only one, but I doubt you will both get the shipboard credit as you used to. If I remember correctly, they had a cut off date for using older FCC's and both getting the full benefit of them, which has long past. Thankfully you do have two of them, so hopefully they will allow you to use them both, even if they are both only in one name.

We had problems getting the shipboard credit for both last fall (using an older FCC when we originally booked) but our TA was able to come through for us, only because we booked with them before the change. Good luck!

If you can get your TA to fight for this one, you might come out ahead, but I honestly doubt it. The wording on the FCC's was always quite confusing, and I think the most you might get is the lowered deposit for both of you if you use only one, but I doubt you will both get the shipboard credit as you used to. If I remember correctly, they had a cut off date for using older FCC's and both getting the full benefit of them, which has long past. Thankfully you do have two of them, so hopefully they will allow you to use them both, even if they are both only in one name.

We had problems getting the shipboard credit for both last fall (using an older FCC when we originally booked) but our TA was able to come through for us, only because we booked with them before the change. Good luck!

Toto, we normally would get 4 FCC'S for our family,however on our last cruise the FCC agent told us we only need two for our family so I said fine, they should honor all FCC's sold befor the policy change, I mean in my business i'am obligated to honor my contracts.

We purchased two FCC's while on the Crown in Apr 08. We used one FCC to bokk a PC cruise on the Island in Apr 10. We both received the OBC.

I think the difference was that we booked the Pc cruise prior to the change which I think was in Sep 09.

Toto, we normally would get 4 FCC'S for our family,however on our last cruise the FCC agent told us we only need two for our family so I said fine, they should honor all FCC's sold befor the policy change, I mean in my business i'am obligated to honor my contracts.

I realize they should, but the question is 'will they'? Since you booked through a TA, they will be the one that has to fight for this for you. ;)

Tues I will call myself and will see what I can do, I can be quite persuasive:D

As were we. And we did receive the second person credit once we Faxed the receipt document we had received upon the purchase of the FCC. The wording on that document is the key.

If my wife has 3 FCC's in her name so is it possible to use one of hers for myself to book a future cruise?

The record keeping got messed up along the way & we utilized my FCC's instead of one from each account. It sounds like it's to late to change things.

No they most likely will not transfer from one person to another either.

Another situation where a good TA may help by talking to the CC desk at Princess.

No they most likely will not transfer from one person to another either.

Another situation where a good TA may help by talking to the CC desk at Princess.

It's not a big deal & I'll have to talk to the Princess agent on board next trip about it. I'll just have to purchase an number of FCC's in my name to equalize things out for the future trips.

It pays to specify the exact FCC number to be used when applying them on trips so it doesn't happen. You could be sitting there thinking you have an FCC to be used & find out you're out of luck.

It's not a big deal & I'll have to talk to the Princess agent on board next trip about it. I'll just have to purchase an number of FCC's in my name to equalize things out for the future trips.

It pays to specify the exact FCC number to be used when applying them on trips so it doesn't happen. You could be sitting there thinking you have an FCC to be used & find out you're out of luck.

Yes you are right, I have had them take both out of either mine or DW's acct but luckily I have caught it.

They are pretty strict on transfers.

If my wife has 3 FCC's in her name so is it possible to use one of hers for myself to book a future cruise?

The record keeping got messed up along the way & we utilized my FCC's instead of one from each account. It sounds like it's to late to change things.

If the dates on these FCC's precede the change in administration where you once used one, either one, for both parties, perhaps then this can be the point to draw to their attention to now allow the transfer. The date of the FCC is the key factor.

If the dates on these FCC's precede the change in administration where you once used one, either one, for both parties, perhaps then this can be the point to draw to their attention to now allow the transfer. The date of the FCC is the key factor.

From what I understand its a moot point and not grandfathered. ;)

As I posted earlier. Since the wording on the older FCC's is so vague, and never mentions shipboard credit extended to all parties involved, I think that is Princess way out of giving it to both passengers. Since the FCC in question was purchased before the change, I do feel if you fight for your rights here you will probably be able to use one for two passengers, but I honestly doubt you will get the shipboard credit attached for all parties, only the one passenger that presents the FCC. Again, good luck on this, and let us know what happens please. ;)

From what I understand its a moot point and not grandfathered. ;)

Should the dates preceed the change and he has receipts to verify that, I think he has as much a chance as we did in having them honour the original conditions. Having given us the OBC for both parties on one FCC. Princess has acknowledged that this was the orignal condition.

The dates on the FCC's is shown as 11/17/09 on all three of my wife's FCC's and 11/17/09 on my one remaining. I don't know when they changed the way it was sold but it really doesn't make much difference since we have two cruises booked for this year & I can always pick up more to balance them out. It's not even worth the time to call Princess for an explanation.

On our current bookings we didn't even have to use our old FCC's because when we booked on board a $100 deposit covered it.

If you call Princess, they will likely be willing to change one of them into your name. Just explain the situation.

Should the dates preceed the change and he has receipts to verify that, I think he has as much a chance as we did in having them honour the original conditions. Having given us the OBC for both parties on one FCC. Princess has acknowledged that this was the orignal condition.

Well good luck with that, I had 2 that were from 2008 and they would not budge.

We have a FCC obtained on Golden Princess in July this year and it definitely states that it covers a reduced deposit for the first two passengers in a stateroom (not applicable in our case as we had to pay in full when we booked last week) and obc for the first two passengers in a stateroom. Trying to get it put on our recent Ocean Princess online booking, so will see what happens.

We have a FCC obtained on Golden Princess in July this year and it definitely states that it covers a reduced deposit for the first two passengers in a stateroom (not applicable in our case as we had to pay in full when we booked last week) and obc for the first two passengers in a stateroom. Trying to get it put on our recent Ocean Princess online booking, so will see what happens.

What is the exact wording?

Does it say that this offer is limited to the first two in a cabin or does it actually say one FCC can be used to obtain a reduced deposit and OBC for two people?

Does it say that this offer is limited to the first two in a cabin or does it actually say one FCC can be used to obtain a reduced deposit and OBC for two people?

If I am not mistaken, the UK version of the FCC is different then the ones available to us. ;)

This is what the letter says in relation to deposits and obc and the offers are valid for four years

The benefits consist of £75 per person reduced deposit (based upon the first two passengers within the cabin. The standard 10% deposit will need to be taken for any supplementary packages added to the basis cruise i.e. flight upgrades, hotel stays) and on board credit, which is determined by the length of your cruise and the type of cabin, you book. The credits are based on a per person rate, details of which are listed below. These benefits are applicable to the first two passengers sharing a cabin only …

As I say we obtained two of these FCC letters whilst on board Golden Princess in July. The system may work a little differently for UK passengers as we are not expected to pay over any money when we obtain these FCCs on board and only pay the deposit when we actually book the cruise.

Still have not heard it Princess will apply it to the cruise we booked on line last weekend. Fingers crossed.

Archived