FCC question

Kineticoh20

Same situation happened to us. I faxed the letter to my TA and she dealt with Princess. Yes, they honored it, as there was no expiration date on the letter other than the 4 year time frame. I also have a very good TA!! :D

I agree with you totally. If you purchased it prior to the change, it should be honored by Princess. My husband purchased (1) FCC in 3/09 and I purchased (1) FCC also. We just booked a cruise a month ago for us and my in-laws. A room was booked in his name with his FCC and 1 room was booked in my name. My TA did a conference call with me on the line. I also argued that my document stated the FCC applied to BOTH people in the cabin. The rep put us on hold, came back and agreed to give all (4) passengers the $100 credit. My TA and I phoned Princess a week later to discuss something else & also verified that each cabin did indeed have $100 PP FCC from Princess and the additional TA OBC. I think it depends on "who" you talk to @ Princess and how persuasive you are.

We later booked additional cabins for some family members. There was a Princess 3 day promo which offered a $50 OBC but the Princess rep said this would override the $85 TA OBC credit. She was only going to honor (1) of those credits. My TA asked her to check with a supervisor and she came back and agreed that Princess would honor both credits for those cabins.

(This had nothing to do with the FCC discussed prior but also demonstrates how you, a TA and Princess can negotiate)

As everyone has stated, a good TA will work to try and get you the best deal ... and in my case it worked on both inquiries.

The benefits consist of £75 per person reduced deposit (based upon the first two passengers within the cabin. ...These benefits are applicable to the first two passengers sharing a cabin only …

As everyone has stated, a good TA will work to try and get you the best deal ....

The wording is similar to what the USA version has, and Princess interprets it to mean that only the first two passengers in a cabin who each have an FCC can take advantage of these benefits.

Of course, it could also be interpreted the way we would like that a single FCC could be used to gain the reduced deposit and FCC for both of the first two passengers, and that is the way it used to work.

Have your TA go to bat for you.

congrats.

How high in Princess did you have to go to get this?

I talked to a normal rep, she asked me to form a letter and send copy of the FCC to consumer relations, first they said they didn't get the fax lol so today I faxed to a gal named Barbara she called me and said they would honor it. So not much of a problem other than they should honor all of the older FCC's that were issued before the policy change.

• 6 months later...

Perhaps it's just my usual disorganization, but I don't recall getting a letter for my FCCs (purchased in Jan 2010) - it just showed up on My Princess.

I just used one FCC for 2 people - I got the reduced deposit of $100 for both (charged the second to a credit card) but we only got OBC for one of us. Should I have fought for 2 OBCs?

Perhaps it's just my usual disorganization, but I don't recall getting a letter for my FCCs (purchased in Jan 2010) - it just showed up on My Princess.

I just used one FCC for 2 people - I got the reduced deposit of $100 for both (charged the second to a credit card) but we only got OBC for one of us. Should I have fought for 2 OBCs?

You should have bought one for each person in January 2010, and then used one each for the booking. Then you would each get the OBC.

That's what we did, and how I originally booked it. However, now I have my eye on a 2013 repo cruise and didn't have an FCC. By changing the use of the FCCs on the 2012 cruise I now have one I can use for 2013.

It looks like it used to be the policy that one FCC got OBC for 2 people, but that the policy changed (in 2009?).

That's what we did, and how I originally booked it. However, now I have my eye on a 2013 repo cruise and didn't have an FCC. By changing the use of the FCCs on the 2012 cruise I now have one I can use for 2013.

It looks like it used to be the policy that one FCC got OBC for 2 people, but that the policy changed (in 2009?).

Yes, at one time, you could use one FCC and both passengers got the OBC. It was changed a while back (2009 sounds good) to only give the obc to the passenger using the FCC. The FCC must be in the passengers name that is using it. In other words, if I have two FCCs and my wife has none, she cannot use one of mine and get the OBC

Archived