LIVE from the FREEDOM of the SEAS, Sailing 5 Sep 2010

Trainman-2

Just before dinner tonight we all saw a bunch of Dolphins from the lounge on Deck 14. There were about 9 of them jumping and having a good time.

Here is the photo...

DSCN0790.jpg

Trust me they are there but as soon as I got my camera ready they all dove out of sight! :D

Thanks for the chuckle...I think I have the exact same picture of some dolphins... :)

And finally, it is about time for me to say goodbye and thanks for tuning in to all of you.

Your support during the weeks after Carol died really helped to keep me going. As you can imagine, I had some tough times.

I also really appreciate your turning my "Live from the Oasis" report in to a gigantic tribute to Carol.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1122475

Carol will always be in my thoughts and I expect that from now on my live reports will all be dedicated to her.

This has been my first "Solo Cruise" and you all helped me get through it.

I am going to continue to cruise with my next two being on the Allure in January and the Oasis next September. I will probably book another cruise either on the Freedom in May or maybe something out of Tampa on a Radiance Class Ship.

I think I got a decent video of the waves from my balcony and I will add it either tomorrow or Monday.

Happy Cruising and Posting Everyone...

Trainman-2 (Jim)

ps - If the Ships computers are up I may post in the morning. The last time I was on the Freedom they shut them down about 4 am.

Edited by Trainman-2

It's almost over. We will so miss reading your everyday adventures. I just hope that some day soon Carl and I will have the chance to cruise with you.

Thanks for taking us along on this cruise to honor Carol.

Remember that your CC family was with you all the way on this cruise and we were right beside you all the time. We all feel like we know you and we have become your own family. Even when you sat at the table alone, you were not alone.

Take care and have a safe trip home to those sweet puppies.

Julia

Thorughly enjoyed your review of your cruise. When and if I ever have to go thru this I will do the same as you. This was awesome from crying to laughing the whole way thru. Now about the black pudding, we called it blood sausage. My grandparents always made it when they butchered a hog at the farm and I loved it!!! God bless you and have a happy life!!

Thank you again for bringing us along on your journey. It has been a roller coaster of a ride for me, but I've loved every minute of it. I'm truly sad that your cruise will end tomorrow, but I'm hoping that you'll post more pictures and write a few more of your impressions.

By the way, why don't you give Allure a try on March 20... ;)

Thanks for the memories of you and Carol and your many cruises. We shared the happy memories and the sad memories. We will never forget you and Carol and the love you shared. Nor will we ever forget this loving cruise we took along with you and so many CC friends. :):):)

trainman, thank you for your live posts. AS with everyone else I have cried, laughed and honestly a little sick (blood something). but thank you for sharing such a personal time of your life with us. You have made me look at life a little different so thank you and Carol. My heart goes out to you in this time. Just think how many people you and Carol have touched. I hope someday I can meet you and personally thank you for your posts. Have a safe journey home

Trainman, Jim............

I can't Thank you enough for sharing your journey with us. You have touched us/me like no other.

Here on 9/11 I lost my best friend, my Dad in 1995.... tragically.

Your post have been such a comfort and inspiration.

You are a true gentleman and wonderful man.

Your love for life and Carol comes shining though with the sun and the moon on the seas.

I have been addicted to "Live From" as you have touched my heart so......

I wish you happiness and peace through any difficult periods ahead but I know deep down you will be fine.

I hope I have the honor of sailing with you some day and sharing that drinking and smoking area with you:p

Safe travels home and happy reunion with the pups........not sure what I will do without your wonderful posts to brighten my day.

HUGS to you............

I have been following your thread all week Trainman and everyday after work the first thing I do is check in and see how your day has been. I have really enjoyed sharing your trip with you through CC. Thanks so much for sharing this cruise with us. My prayers are with you and Carol. God bless.

Day 8, Back at Port Canaveral. (Puppies, I am on my way)

Good Morning Everyone,

It is 5:10 as I type.

The Freedom has arrived at Port Canaveral and is in the turning basin turning around so it can moor at the pier pointed back out to sea.

It has been a great week. Perhaps slow to get started, but still a great week.

Thanks again for tuning in...

Jim

Day 8, Back at Port Canaveral. (Puppies, I am on my way)

Good Morning Everyone,

It is 5:10 as I type.

The Freedom has arrived at Port Canaveral and is in the turning basin turning around so it can moor at the pier pointed back out to sea.

It has been a great week. Perhaps slow to get started, but still a great week.

Thanks again for tuning in...

Jim

Godspeed Jim. It was a privilege being a part of your journey.

Thank you for taking us along on this emotional journey. Each morning I would check CC for your morning update and again when I'd get home from work.

I will miss your daily posts, but I know that many of us will be following you again and I look forward to hearing all about the Allure.

Have a safe drive home and enjoy the puppy love!

Thank you Jim for sharing your travels with us all. You are truly a strong, wonderful person and I wish nothing but the best for you in the future. Forever hold your memories of Carol and your travels together in your heart, and go out and make some more memories for yourself..I'm sure, in reading your many posts on here..that that is exactly what she would want you to do ! You are an inspiration..now go hug your puppies !

Farewell Jim, I trust you will enjoy reading all our replies to your wonderful thread once you are settled back home. Just wanted to let you know that my DH adores 'Black Pudding' and is really excited at the prospect of it being available on Adventure later this month. :)

God bless you, Corinne

Another excellent breakfast in the Windjammer

DSCN0752.jpg

Toasted English Muffins were available this morning so I had one my my favorite Sausage, jelly, and cream cheese muffins this morning.

Trainman when I sailed on the Oasis in March I made it a point to try your sauage, jelly, and cream cheese muffin. I must say it was very good.

Please let us know you are home safe.

As there are various groups on board who advertise meetings I think there should be new one : Friends of Trainman. This group could dedicate itself to sitting in Windjammer and recreate breakfast a la Jim.

I will miss this thread but will look forward eagerly to the next 'Live from.....'

Trainman - I have truly enjoyed this beautiful tribute to your late wife Carol. There's been tears in my eyes, smile on my face and sometimes I just had to laugh out loud while reading through this wonderful thread. Thank you for taking time to post all those wonderful pictures too, love all of them!

I'm looking forward for your next "Live" report.

Safe travels back home.

Thank you again!

Edited by maritar

Bye Trainman! See you on your next cruise!

I am getting ready to leave the house to drive to the port and board the Freedom in about an hour or so. I will take care of the ship for you....

Happy travels! ....and good night Carol....may you always watch over your CC family as we all sail on our own cruises!