When to cruise in Mediterranean

omaljoann

I agree with the above posters. We did our first Med cruise at the end of September-still warm, but not too warm and lots of crowds. Our next one was in November--crowds were significantly reduced and the temps were mild-to-warm. My vote would be for October. Have a great cruise whichever dates you choose. :)

No, not cold, but the weather does start to change after the autumn equinox, around Sept 21st. The daylight ends sooner, and the sea's beginning to cool down a little.

Having said that, I've holidayed for years in the third week of Oct, and, apart from a chance of some rain, it's still fairly warm at the coast....obviously, the further south in the Med, the warmer. We've found it cool for swimming in northern Spain, but warm enough in Malta and Tunisia.

Jo.

We cruised the Med in Oct. of 2008 and found it to be wonderful. I don't remember it being cold, perhaps cool in the morning. I have pics of all of us with jackets tied around our waists.

We had one day with rain/hail in Rome for about an hour, we were in Italy/Croatia for 16 days.

I'd go any time, except July or August.

Archived