What's a GUEST TICKET BOOKLET?

KAYEF

...................over 15 cruises, but this is our first on Celebrity. I wrote my TA and asked how I have proof of transfers from the ship to the airport at the end of our cruise. She replied the transfers "are on pages 24 and 25 of your Guest Ticket Booklet."

I feel like a cruise virgin............so many things are foreign on this new to us line.

Can someone tell me just where we are supposed to get this GUEST TICKET BOOKLET?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Thanks!

On every X cruise we have been on (last one was 12 months ago) our TA would deliver to us from X a bound 5.5" by 8.5" booklet. It contains the following:

Cruise summary

Itinerary

Pre Cruise Checklist

Clothing tips and general info

Travel Docs info

Directions to the Port

Transfer Vouchers

Ship Info

Shore Excursion General Info

Guest Clearance Form

Charge Account/Cruise Ticket

Cabin Location and total charges

And the infamous Cruise ticket Contract.

It is a very nice touch and I hope X continues this. I will know in a few weeks:D

The guest ticket booklet, also known as "cruise documents" is still available, but it now carries a $35 charge. Your TA can order it for you. It is now (mostly) replaced by the e-docs which can be printed off the website. The procedure is a bit different if you have booked through a TA or directly with Celebrity, but either way, you can get printouts of the necessary pages, vouchers, etc. Your TA may have ordered printed copies for you, in which case, they usually are delivered to him/her to be passed on to you. My TA actually goes to the trouble of printing all the pages of the e-docs for me, but not all will do that.

Not to confuse the issue, but since you are new to X you will also see reference to the XPress Pass. This is your boarding pass. It's usually two pages long. You download it and print it out at home, fill it all out with passport number, credit card number and so forth, sign it and bring it with you at check in along with the passport and the same credit card.. But if you forget it, they will provide you with another one, so don't fret over it.

Continuing on from the above posts. If you have not received printed cruise documents (the ticket booklet which is called "docs" here on cruise critic) and your cruise is within about 5 weeks you should be able to view, printout, or download your docs in electronic form (called edocs here) from Celebrity's web site. Presumably you have done your on-line check-in and printed an boarding pass (called the xpress pass). If not then go to the Celebrity web site, click on "before you cruise" from Celebrity's home page and then click on "online check-in". After you complete this your can print the xpress pass and a link to view/print/download your edocs should be on the same page where you'd print your xpress pass - the online check-in front page. If you previously did the check-in and printed the xpress pass then go back about 5 weeks or closer to your cruise date and a new link to the cruise documents should be on the same page where you'd print the xpress pass from.

I hope that helps. If it confuses you more than helps then let us know and we'll try again or call Celebrity or your TA.

The guest ticket booklet, also known as "cruise documents" is still available, but it now carries a $35 charge. Your TA can order it for you. It is now (mostly) replaced by the e-docs which can be printed off the website. The procedure is a bit different if you have booked through a TA or directly with Celebrity, but either way, you can get printouts of the necessary pages, vouchers, etc. Your TA may have ordered printed copies for you, in which case, they usually are delivered to him/her to be passed on to you. My TA actually goes to the trouble of printing all the pages of the e-docs for me, but not all will do that.

Not to confuse the issue, but since you are new to X you will also see reference to the XPress Pass. This is your boarding pass. It's usually two pages long. You download it and print it out at home, fill it all out with passport number, credit card number and so forth, sign it and bring it with you at check in along with the passport and the same credit card.. But if you forget it, they will provide you with another one, so don't fret over it.

Yes we ditto that .We print our cruise documents from the Celebrity web site when available for the cruise where we had completed the Celebrity required preboarding info.All your boarding info is in those electronic cruise documents .

By the way, since 'tickets" are not really needed these days Celebrity has been changing the offical name of the cruise documents from "Guest Ticket Booklet" to "Guest Vacation Documents", but there are probably some places and references that use the old name.

On every X cruise we have been on (last one was 12 months ago) our TA would deliver to us from X a bound 5.5" by 8.5" booklet. It contains the following:

Cruise summary

Itinerary

Pre Cruise Checklist

Travel Docs info

Directions to the Port

Transfer Vouchers

Ship Info

Guest Clearance Form

It is a very nice touch and I hope X continues this. I will know in a few weeks:D

I would suggest you check with your TA, Celebrity does not do that anymore unless you pay for it and even then I do not believe you get anything similiar to what they issued in the past.

The standard now is a one page computer printout which you give to the cruiseline at checkin.....

Don, as stated above, there are two forms of paperwork -- the one/two page Xpress pass you reference, and the longer set of "cruise tickets" or "cruise documents" which used to come to all of us in a bound booklet but which now must be ordered separately for $35 or printed on our own or out TA's computers. Those documents contain all the info about dress code, insurance (if purchased), transfer vouchers (if included in the cruise arrangements) and the famous, cruise contract.

Cruise summary

Itinerary

Pre Cruise Checklist

Travel Docs info

Directions to the Port

Transfer Vouchers

Ship Info

Guest Clearance Form

I would suggest you check with your TA, Celebrity does not do that anymore unless you pay for it and even then I do not believe you get anything similiar to what they issued in the past.

The standard now is a one page computer printout which you give to the cruiseline at checkin.....

Celebrity still provides all this information. The excursion information is available online via their web site pages, or in an excursion booklet you can download from their website 2 to 4 months or so before your cruise. All of the other information is included in the edocs I, and others, mentioned in an earlier post. The booklet you mention is still available but your TA must order it and pay the fee to Celebrity that others have mentioned. While the edocs, or booklet, is interesting, all of the information is available online and for past cruisers most of the information is known. But for someone on one of their first few cruises the information is informative and interesting and it is nice to have it all in one place. So go ahead and download your copy a few weeks before your cruise!

Can someone please tell me how far in advance of the cruise will we be able to request our luggage tags? Is this handled the same way that the edocs are? Thanks for your help.

:o

These have been available around 4 or 5 weeks before the cruise via a link that appears on our reservation info page on the Celebrity web site. So yous this is more or less the same way the edocs are. I have read postings on these boards that these might only be available for the US and Canada and maybe a couple of other countries. It really isn't a big issue as the porters at the docks have blank luggage tags available and it just takes an extra few minutes to get these at the pier on your arrival.

THANK YOU EVERYONE for the indormation.:p

I'd already printed out our "tickets" from the Celebrity site so this concerned me.

I called the couple with whom we're cruising and THEY had received the "Guest Ticket Booklet" to print out.

What they were sent had BOTH of our documents, etc. and they assumed it had been sent to us as well, so they never mentioned it.

Our TA sent me the booklet to print out this morning............glad I asked for help on CC!;) Of course, I only printed seven pages...........

Again, Thank You, Thank You................

I LOVE CC when it brings such fast help/information.

I do NOT like CC when people get on with lies, smoking issues (ie: Isn't it OK to smoke on our verandah at 7 a.m.? We don't want to get dressed and go to another area for just a couple of cigarettes.) and just to get things stirred up.

Cruise Critic is just the BEST.............I appreciate the help I get here and meeting folks before we cruise.:)

THANK YOU EVERYONE for the indormation.:p

I'd already printed out our "tickets" from the Celebrity site so this concerned me.

I called the couple with whom we're cruising and THEY had received the "Guest Ticket Booklet" to print out.

What they were sent had BOTH of our documents, etc. and they assumed it had been sent to us as well, so they never mentioned it.

Our TA sent me the booklet to print out this morning............glad I asked for help on CC!;) Of course, I only printed seven pages...........

Again, Thank You, Thank You................

I LOVE CC when it brings such fast help/information.

I do NOT like CC when people get on with lies, smoking issues (ie: Isn't it OK to smoke on our verandah at 7 a.m.? We don't want to get dressed and go to another area for just a couple of cigarettes.) and just to get things stirred up.

Cruise Critic is just the BEST.............I appreciate the help I get here and meeting folks before we cruise.:)

It is called cruise critic for a reason. If all of the posts were all sweetness and light it would get very dull. A lot of the controversy is enlightening and I have learned from all of the very different opinions.;)

Archived